• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

Try as I might, I will never be able to stay straight faced when this fucking line plays.

WHOOOOOO

(I only wanna see serious lines that aren't meant to be funny)

Gimme some more, ERA. Fill my dark soul with light

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the cutscenes in I am Setsuna, I found myself laughing but I think at times it was intentional

Neapolitan

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This Zero Time Dilemma scene

It is supposed to be an execution scene, but the animation is so friggin bad it comes off funny. I remember laughing really hard when I see this scene the first time.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017

ALSO
this
the beginning of the game is supposed to give you this feeling of being trapped and doomed to death
then this voice acting along with the body ragdolling breaks literally any possible tension. it's so hilarious and immersion breaking

ShiftaDeband

Nov 15, 2017
I know this doesn't exactly fit your criteria, but I really wanted an excuse to share.

This edit ruined this scene in Halo 4 for me now. Whenever my friends and I play through the series, we can't help but laugh here. (Halo 4 spoilers)

The original scene, for reference, which does fit your criteria... it's a pretty good scene otherwise. But "SURRENDER THAT AI" will never be the same. Or "Give. me. that. chip."

Oct 25, 2017
canada
XC2 had a few that either made me laugh or shake my head

Favourite is probably Rex dragging Pyras unconscious body and placing her head in his lap and then when she wakes up he says "its like when we first met"

CesspoolofHatred

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
basically any scene that top boy Emil can interrupt by belting out his sweet, dulcet tones

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
From Breath of the Wild (starts at 9:11):

54dc7196425e1_-_sev-emma-watson-embarrassed-lgn.gif

Yunobo laugh is the Tidus laugh of this generation.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
From Metal Gear Solid 2.

"A DUD?!"

Probably not a serious moment, but I like how the soldier says it.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Was watching a stream of the Life is Strange sequel the other day and man, some of that voice acting is laughably bad. Really cheesy stuff. Not sure how anyone takes that game seriously.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Sticking with Metal Gear, I cannot help but chuckle every single time this line gets uttered in this scene. A goofier plot-twist shows up later in this very scene, but I doubt Kojima actually believed that wasn't over-the-top anyway, but this tense as hell stand-off just comes tumbling down with those five funny little syllables.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, every single time you talk to Drebin about the Beauty and the Beast squad in MGS4. They are such hamfisted attempts at drawing sympathy. Pretty much every serious moment in MGS 4 cracks me up but these take the cake.

Samikaze!!

Oct 29, 2017
SF Bay Area
Nearly every scene in MGSV.
Seeing Venom Snake react to things abnormally slow and silently was really awkward.

Mega Man X4: WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR

Not just Megaman, but every game that did that ever.
Raiden in MGS2: "I Just don't know why I'm fighting". Revenge on situation? Or moral obligation to destroy Metal Gears and keep everyone safe? To Help out Snake as he fights to save you?
Chris in RE5: "I just don't know why I fight.". There are zombies every direction around you. That's why.
There's always a clear cut reason why these protagonists fight, but they always stop to act like it's so hard for them to have a reason.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Inside when you...well, you know.

Game is stone-cold serious but everything about that sequence feels kinda comical to me.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Triss torture in Witcher 3, when her torturer kept singing "THIS LITTLE PIGGY" I just imagined him tickling her really hard with feather.

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
I constantly feel like I'm missing huge pieces of information in FFXII Zodiac. At this point nearly every cutscene has me laughing about of ridiculous everything is without context.

banefirelord

Dec 18, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus spoilers (since the remake's coming soon)
When Agro falls to its apparent death in Shadow of the Colossus, my game glitched so the horse model was just standing rigidly in mid-air while the bridge was crumbling away and the protagonist was freaking out and all the dramatic music was playing. Laughed my ass off.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
This is also my pick. It's the use of Mad World that did it for me.
That destroyed me, its not even Mad World it's some low rent sound alike, its soooooo good. I was howling.

'dark soul with light' has already been posted so I'll counter with DMC3's 'my soul is saying that it wants to stop you!'