• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you have youtuber merch?

• Of course! Why wouldn't the world want to know I'm the biggest fan of YosejuxXGaming?

Votes: 109 16.9%
  • Why does this sell at all

Votes: 535 83.1%

• Total voters

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Wearing a T-shirt of something you like is the least confusing part of YouTube.

The actual content on the other hand...

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
As a member of the YouTube Youth™ I proudly sport my xxSn1p3rK1ll4xx merch

Being real though I would buy/wear something to support a channel but most of it just really isn't good enough. Same for most esports stuff too unfortunately.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bought my brother a Norm Macdonald live mug, and my son has a DanTDM book purchased at Barnes & Noble.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's the same as people buying TV show, movie, or video game merch. They like the content and want to wear it.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Doesn't seem that different than wearing a t-shirt based on a tv show or movie you enjoy. "Youtuber" is a very broad term and you can't really lump someone like Jake Paul with everyone else and say it's the same thing.

It's similar to saying you're a "writer". Writing 99¢ supermarket romance novels is not the same thing as being Stephen King.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Why the fuck is YouTube merch any more stupid than a band t shirt, sports jersey or video game/ pop culture shit?

Oct 25, 2017
I have a bunch of shirts from GamesDoneQuick on twitch

I have a shirt that I bought to support a twitch streamer that I follow

People spend money on a variety of things.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I don't own any, but I'd totally rock some Youtuber merch. Actual cool ones like Easy Allies tho, not Jake Paul/PewDiePie crap.

That Big Nut shirt tho? Never even heard of the channel, but I want it anyway.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy the Giant Bomb Giant Mug if I could.

So I suppose I understand the impulse behind such purchases.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see what's wrong with it if it's a person you're a big fan of and they're a decent person...

I would totally have one if someone I was a big fan of had shirt designs that I thought were just genuinely good/my style.

I know a lot of youtubers are bad but there are also plenty that are good/fine and this kind of stuff just comes off as judgemental as fuck when you paint with a broad brush like that.

Jun 20, 2019
I was going to pass this thread up but I just remembered my wife and I have T-Shirts of Mystery Guitar Man. aka Joe Penna, from 8 years ago, I suppose. So far I haven't heard a reason to be ashamed of it.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I have an LA Beast shirt that I wear as Pajamas sometimes.

Think that's it

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I love cool weird merch so the only reason I don't is lack of money. I would easily if I had the funds buy merch from Sterling, and for podcasts TESD and horror show with Brian Keene.

Best piece of merch I ever had though was a shirt I bought special from a local cookie company (it was originally a gag not for sale to everyone but I befriended the co-owner and one of the delivery guys) and on the front was the name of the company and on the back it said "eat me as often as possible". God I loved that shirt.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of getting a Dan Avidan dakimakura cover
because I think he's cute and my spouse agrees
but otherwise I'm not interested in openly branded merch from youtubers. I imagine it's popular with kids and people who don't give a shit about what people think about their loud referential shirts.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If you like someone's content and wanna support them financially, why not buy a shirt from them? Why is that "shame-worthy"? lol

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I have a couple of podcasts with good shirts I would like to buy. No YouTubers really, though.
ThoseMeagerEnglishsetter-size_restricted.gif

Buy dat... Merch
Buy dat... Merch

Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck is YouTube merch any more stupid than a band t shirt, sports jersey or video game/ pop culture shit?
I imagine most people view the low barrier for entry in being a YouTuber a huge deterrent in taking them seriously (on the level of traditional celebrities or other forms of entertainment) regardless of the quality of the content.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Whatever you think of the man himself, TotalBiscuit had some excellent merch designs. The rest of the Co-Optional crew do as well.
CGBwjsqUgAALZ9e.png

SPACE_BUTTERFLYE_INN_BLACK_TSHIRT.jpg

DltA3ckWsAA3ptb.jpg

Though I tend to think most youtuber merch designs work better as posters than actual wearables.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
gUnsFos.jpg

I always liked this classic design from one of my favorite youtubers. Her name's Rose. Edit: Found a more appropriate image.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I would buy Study Girl T-shirt, she not even the youtuber !
Same. Lol.

I see people wearing esports jerseys. Lol. I mean they pretty ugly af. I've only seen younger kids wear youtuber stuff. I like some designs but from podcasts not so much youtubers. And the only youtubers I follow are mostly car review peeps. I do have a straightpipes and smoking tire shirt now that I think of it but I don't wear them out

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I accidentally bought a "Stop Skeletons from Fighting" t-shirt before I knew that it was a youtube channel. They seem okay, though, from the couple of videos I've seen.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I know a 27-year-old woman with Pewdiepie merch.

It's a shame because I'm kind of into her, but peeks under the surface I've had so far are kind of eesh.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's no different from using merch from a band,
Literally the old men of yesteryear said the exact same shit about merch being purchased from the Beatles or whatever band kids were into at the time.

This thread is peak grandoasimpsonsyellsatcloud.jpg

I may not be the target age group/audience, but I know when something's just not my thing. I don't have to understand it.

thefragrance

Avenger
Dec 18, 2017
I watch good mythical morning to fall asleep, but the merch they constantly promote always looks like shit I'd wear without a problem.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I accidentally bought a "Stop Skeletons from Fighting" t-shirt before I knew that it was a youtube channel. They seem okay, though, from the couple of videos I've seen.
Derek is good people so no real worries of toxic YouTuber if that's a concern, and let's be honest SSFF is a rad name. And he is niche enough only a fan of the channel would associate it, that's what I mean about weird but cool merch that not everyone has. Far from running around with pewdiepie or ninja gear.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I bought a TeamFourStar hat.

Its basically Dragon Ball merch by extension, I aint ashamed.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll wear some I'll wear some Easy Allies shirts if I had them. They're way too expensive for my taste