• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I assume it's okay to make a thread about a Serkan Toto post about a Nikkei interview since he has a good reputation.

So apparently the Switch has been good to Capcom and they want to port more games to the Switch, including those not previously available on Nintendo consoles. So Devil May Cry Collection? Onimusha Collection? DINO CRISIS COLLECTION? Breath of Fire 3 & 4? My mind wanders.

Will probably be Resident Evil 5 & 6 for now.

*Edit*
Whoops, I misspelled "Nikkei". A mod, please? :)

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 0,1,2,4,5,6 here we go! Pass the test!

Ports are cool but it would be nice if they develop new stuff. Or at least Power Stone 3.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
If we're looking at their most recent remasters then Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma would make the most sense for late ports.

I'd be really happy if they got the latter. I've just been so much pickier about playing big open-world/RPG games without a handheld option lately, and being portable would make 30fps sting less.

Wouldn't mind a standalone Ultra Street Fighter IV either. RE5/6 and DR2/4 are probably possible too. Okami is the elephant in the room with it already having been on Wii.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
RE4, 5 and R1 remake on the go and my life is complete. Do it Capcom!

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked if Okami HD, Dragon's Dogma and Devil May Cry Collection + Devil May Cry 4 SE came to Switch. It's more than capable of running them after all.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom please, I just bought Okami HD on PS4 because I was certain it would never come to Switch. Don't do this to me.

(Is non-port begging allowed?)

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
more old games

Though I admit that there's a fine line between trying to squeeze the last money out of the same shit and making classic games available to more people.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Just give me a Resident Evil legacy collection with 0, 1, 2 and 3.

Oh and the best RE game of course:
Resident Evil 5.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
They should've had a resident evil 7 port ready by September or October.

Monster Hunter fans deserve a proper sequel as the rumors suggest they were working on. So I hope that's true.

Besides re7 I would be interested in Dragons Dogma.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
RE ports will get the priority, then the the other ports for current gen that didnt come to the Switch like the DMC collection, Dead Rising , Dragon's Dogma etc

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Devil May Cry and Resident Evil, because they already exists for modern consoles.

Onimuasha and Dino Crisis will have their time in the future, but who knows when.

Tali'Zorah

Oct 27, 2017
Norfolk, UK
Yeah there's gonna be a tonne of classic Resident Evil games coming over then. I can easily see 4 releases of RE games, namely the Origins collection of REmake and RE0, as well as releases of RE4, RE5 and RE6. I'd be willing to say all 4 of them are pretty inevitable. If we can also see DMC Collection and Okami ported over too that'd be awesome. Maybe we'll even see an Ace Attorney collection of some description seeing as that seems to be a Capcom franchise mostly associated with Nintendo systems.

Boney

Oct 28, 2017
Santiago
If we're looking at their most recent remasters then Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma would make the most sense for late ports.

I'd be really happy if they got the latter. I've just been so much pickier about playing big open-world/RPG games without a handheld option lately, and being portable would make 30fps sting less.

Wouldn't mind a standalone Ultra Street Fighter IV either. RE5/6 and DR2/4 are probably possible too. Okami is the elephant in the room with it already having been on Wii.
I've been arguing that Dragon's Dogma would soon to follow Skyrim. It's a project that they seem extremely proud of and think can find more success by rereleasing it.

How did Skyrim do by the way? I'm guessing fairly decent for what it is.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 4 is coming for sure then. Maybe they'll also port Okami, that would do well on the system.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As I said in another thread, an Ace Attorney Collection would be awesome. Viewtiful Joe too!

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
RE4, REMake, Zero and Okami HD. Its all I ask. Also, RE:Mercenaries is the most fun I had with any action RE title. A re-release/sequel for that would be day one.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean Powerstone 1+2 would be a perfect fit, heck throw some of your other experimental Dreamcast era fighters like tech romancer on there too(love that game)

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Devil May Cry HD Collection, DMC4, REmake, RE2, RE3, CVX, RE4, RE5, RE6 are the safest bets imo.

I'd definitely get REmake, Zero, 2 and 3 personally.

Oct 27, 2017
Dragons Dogma would be awesome. Maybe a Marvel Capcom legacy collection (Marvel vs. Capcom 1 and 2, X-Men Children of the Atom, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, etc. Basically all the marvel fighter Capcom made before 3.)
The Devil May Cry trilogy would be great to have alongside the Bayonetta trilogy.

I know it was on Wii, but I'd bet that Okami HAD hits Switch eventually, it's probably something that would get announced in a direct.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So franchises that weren't previously on Nintendo systems. Of the currently-released games (new release or a port), that leaves...
  • Marvel vs. Capcom
  • Devil May Cry
  • Dragon's Dogma
As far as franchises that were on Nintendo systems in the past, we're already getting Mega Man, Street Fighter, & Ace Attorney in addition to us already getting Resident Evil (hopefully 4, 5, & 7 come to the system in the near future). I'd be surprised if we don't get a Gen 5 Monster Hunter game after World drops.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And bring me some Monster Hunter westward while you're at it, Capcom.
Ask again in 2019/2020 :P
So franchises that weren't previously on Nintendo systems. Of the currently-released games (new release or a port), that leaves...
  • Marvel vs. Capcom
  • Devil May Cry
  • Dragon's Dogma
As far as franchises that were on Nintendo systems in the past, we're already getting Mega Man, Street Fighter, & Ace Attorney in addition to us already getting Resident Evil (hopefully 4, 5, & 7 come to the system in the near future). I'd be surprised if we don't get a Gen 5 Monster Hunter game after World drops.
Powerstone wasn't on a Nintendo console. They could crank out the old Powerstone collection again