• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Capcom could rerun almost their entire PS3/360-era catalog (HD remasters and all) on Switch and I'd probably buy most of them lol

Oct 25, 2017
Switch version of Okami could be the definitive edition if Capcom handles it right.
Should be able to run it very well and the multi touch-touch screen should be perfect for the game.
Just weird that it didn't happen alongside the other versions

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Also, XX is still stupid fun. I stopped playing the Japanese Switch ver. as I got burnt out after not being able to transfer my EU Generations file. Holding out hope that one day I can continue it in a localised XX for Switch. World will keep me more than satisfied until then, though.
I still have hope for a summer(ish) or september 2018 release, capcom is now done localizing. And since XX is an expansion of generations, so like 70% of the text is already translated if wouldnt even take more than a couple of months probably.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
bruh they released umvc3 on the fucking VITA

mother fucker the switch already outsold the vita in like 10 months

i could totally see them releasing mvci on the switch

The unspoken truth is that Vita got way, way, way better third party support than it should have. Compare it to any other platform with a similar level of success and it's clear that Vita was treated differently.

Yeah, there's this. I too really want to know why the fuck Ninty needs to publish or push the localization of SquEnix and Capcom games on theirs platforms while both publishers localize everything when it comes to others platforms. Hell, Nintendo even published MH Stories and AA4 this year. It publishing World Ends with You and DQ Builders. The only good thing I see from that is the temporary(or full) exclusivity that these games get.

DQ Builders is a port of a PS4/Vita game and they're probably going to have to publish their version of DQXI in the west for SE too so they don't even necessarily get exclusivity.

Oct 25, 2017
The unspoken truth is that Vita got way, way, way better third party support than it should have. Compare it to any other platform with a similar level of success and it's clear that Vita was treated differently.
Devs saw the potential Switch had on Vita.
Capcom had UMVC3 *and* SFxTekken on there. Pretty sure WB ported Injustice as well.
It's pretty surprising that even with the backing of a lot of major publishers it still floundered. Wonder if Vita is partially to blame for 3rd party devs weak response to Switch as the Wii U was

RootPith

Dec 21, 2017
I really would want to know why Capcom never localized E.X. Troopers back in the day. Would love a localization with Switch/PS4/XBO/PC remaster of the PS3 game.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really would want to know why Capcom never localized E.X. Troopers back in the day. Would love a localization with Switch/PS4/XBO/PC remaster of the PS3 game.
the last thing I remember about EX Troopers were that the text effects were rasterized, meaning they couldnt just type them, they have to redraw the text entirely for a localization. they probably couldnt justify the effort given how it did in Japan (which wasnt that well, I think)