• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This kind of agreements do not work like that. Let's assume there was some kind of deal between Sony and Capcom to market and promote the game overseas. Then Capcom should have agreed on some conditions to prevent the marketing deal to be ineffective for Sony. For example, exclusive betas; no videos of Xbox One version; and so on. But these don't come as "You shall not release any beta on Xbox One!", but rather something like "You shall not mention the product outside shared initiatives" or "You shall not advertise any other product in the MH franchise during the timeframe XX".

I know how these types of agreements work, and what you're saying doesn't make sense either, because, again, if what you're saying was the case, XX on the Switch wouldn't exist in the first place.

It was released in Japan two months after World was announced. If Capcom wasn't allowed to advertise or promote any other Monster Hunter products from this point until the release of World then XX wouldn't have even released on Switch in Japan.

The lack of a localisation is entirely on Capcom. I stand by the notion that thinking the localisation is somehow part of some nuanced money hat from Sony is absurd.

Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda had enough business sense to see it's potential when they saw it behind closed doors while Capcom was even asked about spec advises for their potential games and did jack shit with it afterwards.
Like it's weird that it took so long for them to "get" it. Looking at selling points for their games like if it was Wii ports by adding motion controls.
RE Revelations, their only major release WW since April, was already available on portables and Revelations 1 was a 3DS exclusive for awhile and was also on Wii U so it's not like die hard Nintendo fans missed out. Even with that, it was the best selling current gen release

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I remain skeptical of Capcom until they actually deliver; they continue to make numerous boneheaded moves that warrant skepticism more than hope.

Totally: I think they will support the system in a meaningful way because they did it with all previous Nintendo consoles, but i can still see them releasing only ports for another year or two.

Plus there is also a chance that Nintendo won't see a proper MH game again but only the spin-off kids friendly Stories.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Frankly don't care who is responsible for the lack of localization. All I know is I bought the last 4 monster hunter games new and any future game in the series is getting bought used because fuck treating your fans like that.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It's a shitty thing to do to your loyal customers. Every action has a reaction. I imported XX and transferred Gen data to it but I see his point of view 100%.

It's shitty, assuming a localisation never happens. They did this with Portable 3rd, although I actually still believe XX will make it over within the next year.

How many people care remains to be seen, but despite the vocal disdain for the decision on Era, I doubt it'll bomb.

Anyway, I'm out!

Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Ace Attorney Collection
Megaman Legacy 1+2 Collection
Megaman X Collection
Okami HD

This is what I predict is Capcom's 3rd party support for 2018

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
It's shitty, assuming a localisation never happens. They did this with Portable 3rd, although I actually still believe XX will make it over within the next year.

How many people care remains to be seen, but despite the vocal disdain for the decision on Era, I doubt it'll bomb.

Anyway, I'm out!

Yeah Portable 3rd hurt so i feel their pain

You guys are in for a long wait no matter what I'm afraid but you never know

The explosive success of World coukd open doors and change decisions on these things

I mean if MH becomes hot shit everywhere in the world maybe the demand will push the series everywhere all at once and they might set aside small budgets to port other games as well. I would mind the From Soft felyne diaries game but that might be a reach lol

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017

Anyway, I'm out!

What makes this different from P3rd is that XX is a direct expansion of X and you have the ability to transfer your X data to XX. It honestly feels like you got the appetizer but you never got the full course. For previous games, the situation was different because we only got the G versions of the games so we got the "complete" experience. The MHXX situation is a HUGE case of blue balls.

I also doubt that XX would "bomb" in the west, it'll probably do similar to other Capcom outings like USF2 and RER Collection.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I don't trust them anymore. Not giving them money anymore for their dumb bullshit. Dunno why you cant deal with how I wanna spend my money.

I kind of get what you mean, I've wasted a lot of money over the years buying games I didn't particularly want to support developers/series and I'm just about done with it because it never actually benefits me. Dragon Quest Builders will be the first DQ game(on a platform I own) that I'm skipping, I'm sick of Square Enix's shit.

The explosive success of World coukd open doors and change decisions on these things

I mean if MH becomes hot shit everywhere in the world maybe the demand will push the series everywhere all at once and they might set aside small budgets to port other games as well. I would mind the From Soft felyne diaries game but that might be a reach lol

If anything it will be the exact opposite. MH World's success means they will have an even tighter focus on what made it a success.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Christ. Is the lack of a localisation that much of an insult to you?

I kind of agree with him. It's nice more people can play mh, but it's not to exclude a large part of the fanbase which Keep the company afloat for the past years...
Capcom just don't want me to play mh, ok, I won't. That's frustrating cause I love the franchise but, hey, there are other games around.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Now that would lead to an epic thread of the ages...

I just think they should release an actual Monster Hunter game on the Switch and I think that should make most people happy.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of get what you mean, I've wasted a lot of money over the years buying games I didn't particularly want to support developers/series and I'm just about done with it because it never actually benefits me. Dragon Quest Builders will be the first DQ game(on a platform I own) that I'm skipping, I'm sick of Square Enix's shit.

If anything it will be the exact opposite. MH World's success means they will have an even tighter focus on what made it a success.

In the short term this is the hard reality I see playing out over the next year

No way they let off the gas for World updates, PC version and extended content over the next 12-18 months

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Wait. I've just said that writing such clauses are out of the realm of possibilities is wrong because they happen all the time. Now, since no one has read actual agreements, we can't exclude one or the other.
No, you see, YOUR unfounded speculation is bad but THEIR unfounded speculation is good!
The lack of a localisation is entirely on Capcom. I stand by the notion that thinking the localisation is somehow part of some nuanced money hat from Sony is absurd.
Yes, because translation files are a technological hurdle Capcom can't overcome. /s
I just think they should release an actual Monster Hunter game on the Switch and I think that should make most people happy.
Nah, people would argue over which one is the "true" version...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Ace Attorney Collection
Megaman Legacy 1+2 Collection
Megaman X Collection
Okami HD

This is what I predict is Capcom's 3rd party support for 2018
Throw in Ace Attorney 7 for good measure. I believe the current rumor is 1/2/3 in one collection, 4/5/6 in one collection, & a Switch/Mobile multiplatform release for AA7. You also forgot the already-revealed Mega Man 11.

Oct 25, 2017
With MHXX they had a "new" MH ready for Switch's launch month, i think it either came late February or March of last year in Japan.
They should've tried to get this out WW pretty early. A simultaneous Switch and 3DS release WW in like May would've done pretty well.
Instead they released it 6 months after the 3DS versions bragging about no content differences between the two and it even ran at the same FPS.
They released it after they announced World which killed all its sales potential.
Even worse when they didn't finish localizing it

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take DmC Definitive edition, Breath of Fire and Onimusha collection.

Thanks, Capcom.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Monster hunter games aren't just a money investment it's also a Time investment. At this point I'm not playing these games to fuck around in low rankI so I'm not seeing the point in buying them when Capcom can't even commit to a regular release schedule. Your last 2 3DS releases ship over a million in the West and you can't be bothered to localize a game on a new system that's half translated? Well then I can't be bothered to actually give you money

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
It might have been on other Nintendo consoles but I don't care, RE4 on the go, do it Capcom. Through an extra RE5 there and we are golden.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Regarding "Mega Man X Collection", I remember Capcom mentioned multiple times that "all Mega Man X games are coming to all current consoles".

But they never mentioned "Mega Man X Collection", so they can sell these games separatedly. Did they mention a name for this collection, or did they specify if are going to be sold in 1 or 2 collections as they did with the classic Mega Man series?

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly don't care who is responsible for the lack of localization. All I know is I bought the last 4 monster hunter games new and any future game in the series is getting bought used because fuck treating your fans like that.

Oh well, it's not like they owe you anything. If you were a "fan" of the series then you'd go to where the game is. Anyway, they don't need you as MHW is a massive success because the real fans didn't distinguish the game based on what platform it was on - they bought it on its own merit. In the near future it's pretty obvious there will be something MH related for the Switch, we just don't know what yet.

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Oh well, it's not like they owe you anything.

And I dont owe them anything so it works out. But used option exists so I can still play the games. Works for me.

If you were a "fan" of the series then you'd go to where the game is.

The problem isn't platform. The problem is I'm not going to go out and buy these games full price and invest hundreds of hours when Capcom cant localize million sellers or be bothered to communicate at all.

Anyway, they don't need you as MHW is a massive success because the real fans didn't distinguish the game based on what platform it was on - they bought it on its own merit. In the near future it's pretty obvious there will be something MH related for the Switch, we just don't know what yet.

Really has nothing to do with Nintendo. I really dont like the 3DS. I own 2 games for mine. MH4U and MHGen. I wasted $250 on a system I didnt want to play MH and Capcom cant even fucking localize the games? Why am I giving them money?

Oct 25, 2017
Ultra SF4 seems like an easy option were it not for the Anniversary Collection. Knowing Capcom they'll still try and sell it for £40 a year from now.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
REmake 1-2, RE4-7 sounds like solid possibilities.

MvC:I too maybe?

And maybe DMC or DD.

Also, Okami pretty please!

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if Capcom will have a new fighter out soon.
Old SF ports is likely not what the audience wants and there're like no modern traditional fighters on the platform. That bad SNk fan service seems like the closest.
Don't think MVCI is a good idea because nobody seems to want that game. Even if they include all the DLC, I'm not sure.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Old SF ports is likely not what the audience wants and there're like no modern traditional fighters on the platform. That bad SNk fan service seems like the closest.
Don't think MVCI is a good idea because nobody seems to want that game. Even if they include all the DLC, I'm not sure.
Blazblue Cross Tag is also coming.

Granted, nothing I've seen of Cross Tag Battle has looked appealing...

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Arc Sys is bringing the Blazblue game at least, and Pokken is pretty traditional as licensed fighting games go.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Bayonetta 1-3....and maybe devil may cry collection AND devil may cry 4 on switch??! Jeeze man, this thing has serious potential for becoming the go to console for stylish action games and on the go to boot.

takemymoney.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Bayonetta 1-3....and maybe devil may cry collection AND devil may cry 4 on switch??! Jeeze man, this thing has serious potential for becoming the go to console for stylish action games and on the go to boot.

takemymoney.gif
Despite being able to run all those games, I don't think Capcom would port any.
Rumor seems to imply their skipping switch with 5 and they already announced the platforms for the collection

Oct 25, 2017
I mean like you said MvCi is a new, modern fighter so to have that on Switch would be quite nice. The game as itself needs a lot of work but it would still be great to have on the go.
It's a game rejected by the community despite its legacy and brands represented.
It would likely sell decently on Switch in comparison to other platforms, but likely a waste of resources

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a game rejected by the community despite its legacy and brands represented.
It would likely sell decently on Switch in comparison to other platforms, but likely a waste of resources

Despite what the community thinks of the visuals at the moment, they pretty much all agree the gameplay is top notch. If they can fix all the other issues and give it some polish I think it would do well on Switch.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Well, the produced Lol'ed at the prospect of MvC:I on the Switch. I personally don't have much interest on the game, on the Switch or elsewhere.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
bruh they released umvc3 on the fucking VITA

mother fucker the switch already outsold the vita in like 10 months

i could totally see them releasing mvci on the switch

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure them releasing XX after World is such a great idea. Great for the folks like me that prefer the older MH games to what they did with World, but it'll really look dated next to World in the West and only the hardcore fans will give it the time of day.

As salty as I was they never released it here I personally think the best move would be to focus on making sure World G or whatever they call the inevitable updated version IS on Switch at the same time as the other consoles.

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's part of the whole point. SE won't even release the games on Nintendo platforms here unless Nintendo foots half the bill.
Yeah, there's this. I too really want to know why the fuck Ninty needs to publish or push the localization of SquEnix and Capcom games on theirs platforms while both publishers localize everything when it comes to others platforms. Hell, Nintendo even published MH Stories and AA4 this year. It publishing World Ends with You and DQ Builders. The only good thing I see from that is the temporary(or full) exclusivity that these games get.