Server Upgrade Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratrosaw

Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Hi, #tech here.

We have completed the planned server upgrade. As specified in the maintenance announcement and the MessengerBot video, this upgrade should allow us to allocate computational resources to ResetEra dynamically, so that we are better prepared for all kinds of situations.

A small number of members may encounter issues such as disappearing quick reply box, misplaced navigation bar, etc when coming back to the site; if so, clearing the cache of your browser should be able to solve the problem.

Let us know if you have other questions/concerns regarding this server upgrade, and we would like to thank you again for your understanding and support.

May the site never be overloaded! (Fingers crossed)

Love,
#tech

Oct 25, 2017
A small number of members may encounter issues such as disappearing quick reply box, misplaced navigation bar, etc when coming back to the site; if so, clearing the cache of your browser should be able to solve the problem.
Appreciate the pre-emptive problem solving! Didn't even have to ask.

Oct 29, 2017
This upgrade seems like a challenge to the E3 hype. I think a combination of Metroid gameplay, Animal Crossing Switch announcement, Death Stranding gameplay, The Last of Us 2 gameplay and a Spyro trilogy announcement could still take it down.

Oct 27, 2017
And now we wait for June. I'm sure ResetEra is ready for E3, but it never hurts to build up the server power to brace for impact.

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
All of the new features look great! I've run into one big issue though, the text editor for replies is completely broken in Safari 11.0.2 on Mac. :(

(I posted this reply from Firefox)

Oct 25, 2017
See, you only upgraded now because people will forget about it by E3 when the tidal wave of traffic sends it into a sea of 500 errors, F5 smashing and Ubisoft GIFs.

I kid, hopefully the upgrades will stand you in good stead for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.