• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Looks like a cross between a Spider and Piranah Bytes game lol,which isnt a bad thing I guess...but its 35 bucks CAD and the minimum req is exactly what I have on my 5 year old rig...might hiccup a lot...will wait till it lowers in price a bit,looks interesting although some impressions arent that good so far...

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I just put two hours in.

This game is fantastic, and totally out of nowhere.

Great stealth, but instead of the fail/reload that most stealth games fall into, being spotted is handled with combat and then hiding again. And the combat is quite decent.

You can really feel the Witcher influence on this as well. The inventory and stats and even the interface are very close to it.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
This game is fantastic, and totally out of nowhere.

Great stealth, but instead of the fail/reload that most stealth games fall into, being spotted is handled with combat and then hiding again. And the combat is quite decent.

You can really feel the Witcher influence on this as well. The inventory and stats and even the interface are very close to it.

I've been following it for awhile now. Was looking forward to it and it doesn't disappoint. Inventory is a bit janky. Not as intuitive as I would like. But the gameplay is fun and it looks fantastic. Can probably use another optimization pass, but my machine is good enough and handles it fine.

This game should get some good buzz soon.

Edit: One thing I hate. You leave a ton of loot on the ground. I hate leaving loot behind, even if it is mostly junk.

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I've been following it for awhile now. Was looking forward to it and it doesn't disappoint. Inventory is a bit janky. Not as intuitive as I would like. But the gameplay is fun and it looks fantastic. Can probably use another optimization pass, but my machine is good enough and handles it fine.

This game should get some good buzz soon.

Edit: One thing I hate. You leave a ton of loot on the ground. I hate leaving loot behind, even if it is mostly junk.

Loot is just like the Witcher. Almost all random containers in the world have useless garbage in them, but a huge variety of it. It's not worth carrying around.

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately my CDKeys code didn't get posted until this morning. I spent all Friday night periodically refreshing that page too... Oh well. Installing now! I'm pretty excited after reading the impressions since last night.

On a side note, this Switch shit/port-begging has gotten outta control if someone is seriously going to pop into a thread for a PC-only strong eurojank isometric indie game that has like 50 posts in the entire thread to ask if it's getting a Switch port.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there is something very wrong with the optimization in this game. I'm running a 1060 and I needed to drop all details to medium and pit on the 30 fps lock to get a steady frame rate. And even at the lowest settings it hitches and frame skips a lot.

Really great game so far, but they really screwed it up. No excuse for this kind of performance given how little the game is actually doing graphically.

I ran a cpu/gpu monitor and the cpu never goes above 55%, and the GPU doesn't go above 30%. And the game is constantly dropping frames.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ill quote myself from the steam thread:

This is exactly like my experience but I went the opposite route. I went through that hole in the fence because I had no idea what I was doing lol. It shows how open the game is and the fact that no two people playing will have the same experience.

Really like what I've played so far, can't wait to play more.

Yeah, there is something very wrong with the optimization in this game. I'm running a 1060 and I needed to drop all details to medium and pit on the 30 fps lock to get a steady frame rate. And even at the lowest settings it hitches and frame skips a lot.

Really great game so far, but they really screwed it up. No excuse for this kind of performance given how little the game is actually doing graphically.

I ran a cpu/gpu monitor and the cpu never goes above 55%, and the GPU doesn't go above 30%. And the game is constantly dropping frames.

It's an unreal engine 4 indie game... its to be expected unfortunately.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game itself sounds promising but if you people with 1060s and higher are having performance issues there's no chance for me and my little 950 so I'm going to wait for at least a few optimization patches.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I have a 970 and I run 60fps no issues maxed out. At 1080p.

tenor.gif

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No 21:9 support. No support beyond 1080p. Why do developers shoots themselves in the foot like this?

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game runs flawlessly for me on both systems (just tested it on the following)

New system...
I7
Twin 1080Ti's

Old system..
i5
970 ti

Both 100fps no issues. Maybe it's an AMD card thing?

Oct 27, 2017
I played for an hour. The gameplay is pretty complicated and hitchy right out of the gate, but I can tell I'm gonna enjoy this one.

Trying to sneak around the first mission when an explosion/"distraction" goes off right next to me, sending every guard in the zone right to my location to kill me can't be intentional, but it happened three times in a row before I decided to take a break and eat breakfast.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm running a 1060 and it has big issues. Lots of other people with high end Nvidia cards on the steam forums are having similar issues.

People were reporting that if you have a Rift installed the game will load the oculus client when you run it. I wonder if that has something to do with it...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I played for an hour. The gameplay is pretty complicated and hitchy right out of the gate, but I can tell I'm gonna enjoy this one.

Trying to sneak around the first mission when an explosion/"distraction" goes off right next to me, sending every guard in the zone right to my location to kill me can't be intentional, but it happened three times in a row before I decided to take a break and eat breakfast.

that story bit (if you go that way) fucked me aswell, just hide in a bush imediatly when he says hes gonna do it and then mosey on out of there when all the guards are distracted. You can completely avoid that bit tho, as I did when I replayed the mission, which wasa nice touch.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
I'm running a 1060 and it has big issues. Lots of other people with high end Nvidia cards on the steam forums are having similar issues.

People were reporting that if you have a Rift installed the game will load the oculus client when you run it. I wonder if that has something to do with it...

I have a 1080 and the performance on Peh is a massive let down. Changing settings doesn't seem to do much either. 30fps at 1440p on Ultra, changing to 1080p does nothing, stepping down graphics options all the way to medium and I get maybe 5-10 additional fps. The first area ran like a dream. I hope this isn't another Hob that runs like complete crap on a large number of 10 series cards for some strange reason.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I have a 1080 and the performance on Peh is a massive let down. Changing settings doesn't seem to do much either. 30fps at 1440p on Ultra, changing to 1080p does nothing, stepping down graphics options all the way to medium and I get maybe 5-10 additional fps. The first area ran like a dream. I hope this isn't another Hob that runs like complete crap on a large number of 10 series cards for some strange reason.

I only played the first area btw and I just started Peh so now im worried >_>

Oct 27, 2017
I just put in another hour or so. For a game that seems to heavily focus on stealth, it doesn't appear to be very good at it: I feel like I have to repress and hold B several times every time I want to go into sneak mode. It's unresponsive for me. Seemingly stealth actions like throwing a rock will erratically break me out of stealth mode. For example, I'll be crouched behind a bush, throw a rock in front of a guard, and he'll completely disregard the rock because now I'm just standing in his periphery behind a bush like an asshole. I don't get why throwing a rock occasionally results in me standing up out of stealth, and occasionally it doesn't. Before quitting out just now, I got to the end of the first mansion area. I waltzed past the traps (which are ridiculously obvious) and cameras, and am literally jumping ontop of the item I need to end the quest. No prompt shows up and I can't interact with the item. I stealthed my way there for nothing? All there is for me to do in the room is to trigger the traps and die.

Earlier in this same mission, I was stealthing around when my character jumped onto an item I didn't expect to be climbable and I was spotted. I thought about just reloading my save, but I said fuck it and went for it. I ran through the entire stage, aggroing every guard, and as soon as I walked into a building, everything went back to normal. I step out of the building not even 10 seconds later, no one's looking for me and I can just continue on at my leisure. Just, what?

My main complaint really boils down to this: I haven't felt like I've died yet with it being my fault. I love these sorts of 'Eurojank' games (Mount and Blade is by far the game I've logged the most hours into on Steam) and I know that issues like this are to be expected, but it feels a bit too loose and unresponsive for me at the moment.

I really am intrigued by this game, but I might have to wait for some patches before I come back to this.

that story bit (if you go that way) fucked me aswell, just hide in a bush imediatly when he says hes gonna do it and then mosey on out of there when all the guards are distracted. You can completely avoid that bit tho, as I did when I replayed the mission, which wasa nice touch.

I was literally hiding in a bush when this scene played out. One of the guards rushing to the scene ran through the bush in his path to the explosion, immediately knocking me out of my hiding space.

By the way, is there a quicksave/quickload for this game? I couldn't find one, but I feel like if I could speed up the process of getting in and out of the game it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
My freelance review for IGN is up. I really did not like this game, which surprised me, since I went into it thinking I would.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/02/seven-the-days-long-gone-review

By the way, is there a quicksave/quickload for this game? I couldn't find one, but I feel like if I could speed up the process of getting in and out of the game it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.

F6 is quicksave.

Re: your Eurojank comment, absolutely. I love me some Eurojank, right? But this game just... it doesn't do anything well. It's a bunch of bad systems and boring loot. It's weird that every vendor in the game only has around 40-60 auryte; you can't sell anything. Not really a big deal, as picking up skills in the world gives you tons of Auryte. Of the 50 or so games I completed this year, it's the worst one.

Based on the above remark, it's uh... it's way more Spiders than PBytes.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. From what I've played of this game so far, a 4/10 seems really harsh. You weren't kidding when you said you didn't like this game.

Nov 6, 2017
For a game focused on stealth it sure isnt rewarding as much as I'd hope. There are no real consequences and enemy AI is so bad it doesnt even matter if they detect you. Quickload is also a pain in the ass because it always resets certain things and while you think you were safe when quicksaving, after you quickload chances are you'll be in a u got detected or alarm triggered situation which is annoying af. Add that to performance issues, tons of bugs, no insta stealth kills(arguable), map design kinda meh and just the whole jank of the game, makes me regret I bought it tbh. Atm its a 6.5 out of 10 but slowly its starting to grow on me but only because I got used to it. They should've focused on a more linear experience tbh. Open world stealth for a small new studio is not a good idea and it clearly shows.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is pretty disappointing and rough in places. They shouldn't have gone with the isometric view, because for almost the entire game it gets in the way, especially when you're climbing a lot or exploring a large multi-level location (the game has serious problems making certain objects transparent or hinting if you can go up or not). Also there are plenty of questionable gameplay mechanics. Like for instance the game gives you a chance to collect a lot of stuff and to use disguises, but all of this weighs a lot and the weight limit is very strict (and I haven't found any safe stashes). Or it tries to promote stealth, but backstabs don't work on stronger enemies and there are some quests when you're suddenly forced to fight a strong enemy and you'll die in an instant if you don't have good defensive gear. Also concerning stealth it really doesn't help that enemies respawn and that they're generally dumb (don't worry about leaving corpses out in the open).

Oh and the optimization is awful. It starts out okay but just get to Warden's Hold on Peh and you'll see for yourself. Constant low fps and changing graphics settings doesn't help.

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm going to put the game on the back burner for a while and hope for a few patches that might smooth things a little bit out.

Ideas are great but a few things are missing. Also, where the fuck are the three bolts I need for the workbench quest?

Also, why did some publications say "it's Diablo meets xyz"? So far it's nothing like Diablo.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
yo this is a full blown rpg lol. Im loving it.

How exactly do these fast travel points work? It says I have to hack the overseer, and to follow the tracks to find the corrosponding one? What tracks, the ones in the air where the trains pass? I cant find shit

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
yo this is a full blown rpg lol. Im loving it.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Jank and all. It just oozes character.

Stealing is like Skyrim, cheese the NPCs and steal everything you want. I can't imagine why anyone would think this is Diablo like. It's more of an isometric Thief.

How exactly do these fast travel points work? It says I have to hack the overseer, and to follow the tracks to find the corrosponding one? What tracks, the ones in the air where the trains pass? I cant find shit

I'm at the same spot. Trying to figure it out.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
If people with 970s and lower are getting great performance, there may be something we could do on our higher end systems to fix bad performance on 1060 and higher cards. I wonder what is causing it...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
If people with 970s and lower are getting great performance, there may be something we could do on our higher end systems to fix bad performance on 1060 and higher cards. I wonder what is causing it...

no idea dude, Ive given up on understand why pc games work fine for some and not for others with same rigs.

Apparently there is a main quest that unlocks the first fast travel so I guess ill wait for that. Just doing all the side quests in the first zone, this is going to be a long one for me, I always do all the side stuff, and the map is gigantic.

2 questions:

How do those skill chips you find all over the place work? Are those just automaticall making those thngs better, because I dont see any of the in the skill menu, the only thing I have there is the scavanger chip and the blink skill still, and ive found a lot of skill containers.

also what do those blue containters do that when you click on them they do like a energy surge and you see a little icon ticking down from 3 to 0? They seem to recharge too.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
no idea dude, Ive given up on understand why pc games work fine for some and not for others with same rigs.

Apparently there is a main quest that unlocks the first fast travel so I guess ill wait for that. Just doing all the side quests in the first zone, this is going to be a long one for me, I always do all the side stuff, and the map is gigantic.

2 questions:

How do those skill chips you find all over the place work? Are those just automaticall making those thngs better, because I dont see any of the in the skill menu, the only thing I have there is the scavanger chip and the blink skill still, and ive found a lot of skill containers.

also what do those blue containters do that when you click on them they do like a energy surge and you see a little icon ticking down from 3 to 0? They seem to recharge too.

Let me know if you figure it out.

It corresponds with the energy regen icon from the character menu, so I assume it regenerates your energy?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

2 questions:

You unlock actual chips later on and you slot those skills you find into them.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game came out of fucking nowhere. It has absolutely no fucking reason to be as good as this. Its Thief (the good thief) with Deus Ex, Shadowrun, Witcher and throw around some stealth games while you are at it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I think I will ignore all the crafting just like I ignore every crafting in every rpg ever >_>

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So what does everyone do with the loot they acquire? Shopkeepers have a limited amount of funds (as it should be!) so I mostly break everything down at a crafting station.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the loot is a kind of trap per se. A good thief would know what to take and what to let go, and I honestly think its kinda amazing that there is a plethora of useless shit around for you to take. Feels a bit elder scrolls where you can loot and steal everything that isnt nailed down, even useless stuff.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
yeah I've stopped geting all the shit. I grab the money and any consumables ill use and thats it. Maybe weapons to dismantle but im not even using crafting so...

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. From what I've played of this game so far, a 4/10 seems really harsh. You weren't kidding when you said you didn't like this game.

From Steam comments:

Don't listen to IGN. This game is actually very good.

From IGN comments

So I already saw your comments on ERA and I think you had very weird expectations for this game and this review reads like you played it in a way that it was not meant to be played in.

I personally really enjoy it and think the worldbuilding and the story are very well executed.

Is this all the same person lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I can't say anything about the other two, but I can definitely say I am not them.

I also don't agree with people calling out IGN. This is a DocSeuss review, not an IGN review.

No, it's a IGN review.They ran it, so it's their review. The funny thing is, this just exposes how utterly useless reviews are. They are literally just one person's opinion on something. Thats it, nothing else.

Zeb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is writing in this game? I mean moment-to-moment conversations, not the plot.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, it's a IGN review.They ran it, so it's their review. The funny thing is, this just exposes how utterly useless reviews are. They are literally just one person's opinion on something. Thats it, nothing else.

I am usually VERY critical of games, but I played about 4 hours of this one so far and I can not for the life of me agree with a single quote from that IGN review. I am not saying its wrong, but i dont think I have ever felt such a discrepancy between what I read in a review and What I played before. Feels like the review is from another game.

How is writing in this game? I mean moment-to-moment conversations, not the plot.

I feel its very good. Characters have charisma, and the delivery is really well done. It helps that the main character is a bit refreshing in is "rogueness". Accents are nice, too. Reminds me of the over the top swearing of the Witcher 1.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah, that's the whole purpose and appeal of reading reviews. Getting a person's opinion and perspective on something

And you serious with that first comment? I understand labelling a review as a site's when you're listing reviews in a review thread, but it's ridiculous and makes zero sense to do the same when you're discussing the merit of a single review or comparing different reviews. The site doesn't write a review and the site doesn't give the game its score; the writer does, and individuals are so different that trying to put all the reviews from a site under a singular umbrella is futile. It only makes sense in a broad "all these reviews are from this place" way, not in a "all reviews from this place are the same" sense. Because the latter is literally impossible unless the same person is writing every review