• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

based on thunderful's financial report from a while back, there's at least 4 steamworld games coming in 2022-2023.
screenshot2021-05-12ao8jct.png

thanks to Ozzie for posting the news in another thread.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Dig 2 was a legit short 10/10 game experience. I hope we'll get another one.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope one of them is a Steamworld Heist sequel. That's my favorite of the games they made even though I admit it's campaign is pretty barebones. There's just a lot of untapped potential with its gameplay is all.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I adore the steamworld games, Steamworld Dig 2 was almost a perfect game, a shame that game suddenly just ends while it feels like you're in the midst of it. The lack of progression was also a bit weird, instead of developing the town and its npc's, they were there from the get go.

Jun 15, 2020
I thought they were Thunderful already....

Steamworld Heist is one of my favorite indies ever, and Dig 2 is close behind. Cannot wait for the The Gunk.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I adore the steamworld games, Steamworld Dig 2 was almost a perfect game, a shame that game suddenly just ends while it feels like you're in the midst of it.
That's kind of how I felt, like you earned some new tools and stuff but it never felt like it gave you time to fully explore them. Great game but it could have used an extra hour or two.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if it's possible they'll make one of those games a 3D platformer, I'm hoping at the very least for a Steamworld Dig 3

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'm really hoping for Steam World Dig 3 to happen. Keep the crafted levels and at the same time, I want a whole separate map that is randomly generated and you keep digging down, down and down until you reach the core of the earth and then make your way up to escape.

Basically, I have been waiting for a modern digging game that is similar to Miner Disturbance back on Fun Orb developed by Jagex.

Steam World Dig 2 almost gave me that itch but I wanted much more.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
They're 4/4 with me. It seemed Quest wasn't as loved so my expectations were low and ended up liking it a lot.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
One of my favourite developers. What do they mean by a new name if they have just changed to Thunderful Games?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of my favourite developers. What do they mean by a new name if they have just changed to Thunderful Games?
they haven't changed it thunderful, they were acquired by them a few years ago (thunderful is a publisher which has like 10 other subsidiaries). i assume the team working on steamworld games is going to have a new name soon.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like Quest as much but I'd be curious to see an iteration on that now that they have more experience. I imagine one of the Steamworld games is Dig 3 with how the last one ended.

rafox

Apr 28, 2020
Heist is my favorite, Quest and Dig are fantastic too. I'm down for any of them or whatever new thing they come up with, favorite franchise I discovered last gen!

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
they haven't changed it thunderful, they were acquired by them a few years ago (thunderful is a publisher which has like 10 other subsidiaries). i assume the team working on steamworld games is going to have a new name soon.
Thanks for clarifying. Their tweets aren't the clearest.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Not really. Image & Form and Zoink merged and became Thunderful.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they are just referring to the name of the SteamWorld Twitter account.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
Loved Steamworld 2 and LOVED Heist, probably one of my favorite strategy RPGs up there with XCOM 2 and now Wasteland 3. Gimme moreeee

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I loved Heist so much. The shooting mechanics were absolutely addictive and the 2D take on turn based strategy was sublime. There really isn't anything like it. I would love a sequel so much

I adore the steamworld games, Steamworld Dig 2 was almost a perfect game, a shame that game suddenly just ends while it feels like you're in the midst of it. The lack of progression was also a bit weird, instead of developing the town and its npc's, they were there from the get go.
There was progression but it was more based on skill unlocks and upgrade rather than developing the town. I liked it that way because it streamlined what you needed to do above ground so you could spend more time underground but I could see how it would be nice to measure progress by having the town grow.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
While we're on the subject, as someone who found Dig to be kinda meh, will I enjoy Dig 2? It's in the backlog, but I've skipped on it because I found the first to be so underwhelming.

That said, I LOVED Heist and Quest. I'm not sure I even want sequels from them, though - I love how they have a fresh genre within the same universe each time. More of that, please.