• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
That Season 2 ending was lame. I know it's stock standard to drag these things out, but that's a really unenjoyable wedge to drive into the end of a season.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Can somebody help me to explain ep 6 how to douche or whatever it is spelled? It is pretty ironic how the title is sex education but it doesnt really explain how to douche before doing anal sex

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I've only watched the first episode of Season 2 thus far, but both I and my girlfriend were not impressed. It felt like the series decided to go a bit too far over the top with the whole Chlamydia outbreak hysteria. Hopefully it improves a bit.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Can somebody help me to explain ep 6 how to douche or whatever it is spelled? It is pretty ironic how the title is sex education but it doesnt really explain how to douche before doing anal sex

it's just a water enema. Using a bulb designed For it would probably be best. I assume they make such things.

Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched the first episode of Season 2 thus far, but both I and my girlfriend were not impressed. It felt like the series decided to go a bit too far over the top with the whole Chlamydia outbreak hysteria. Hopefully it improves a bit.
i thought the first episode was borderline insufferable, but the next three (all i've seen so far) have got the train back on the rails.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That seemed like mainly a plot device to get one of the characters to have a reason to be at the school and interacting with the rest of the cast.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I enjoyed the season, but it was quite apparent towards the end that this whole season was a set-up for another season. So many story lines and plots either hardly touched or left un-answered. At least the first season had some closure of sorts.

Overall, good viewing, but really terrible ending.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
yet another thing with dodgy

mobile phone based plotlines.

a) No secure unlock on Maeve's phone?
b) "Tell her to check her messages" said no one in modern times.

This was more inconsistent overall as a season (Pythagoras would have loved the triangles), but I thought Aimee's plot was the most effective and was resolved in the best episode of the season for me.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Season 3 is already set to film between May through September of 2020 via a mention in Production Weekly.

OP
OP
FeD

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
yet another thing with dodgy

mobile phone based plotlines.

a) No secure unlock on Maeve's phone?
b) "Tell her to check her messages" said no one in modern times.

This was more inconsistent overall as a season (Pythagoras would have loved the triangles), but I thought Aimee's plot was the most effective and was resolved in the best episode of the season for me.

Yeah I agree. Some stuff he me really stretch my imagination.

But Aimee's and also Jackson's plot line imo were pretty good.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the ending.

It is going to drag out the Otis/Maeve stuff if they intend on putting them together, but I don't mind Otis suffering a bit cause he was really awful to Maeve at the party. Let him get a taste of what he was trying to do to Jackson last season.

All the other little subplots were good except for Eric's. They did Rahim dirty. I don't even think he and Eric were a great pair since Rahim was a bit too introspective for him, but it's shitty that they paired Eric up with Adam because he apparently makes Eric ~shine. Felt like they were saying Rahim wasn't good for Eric because he made Eric different, but all Rahim was trying to do all season was get to know him. Rahim never tried to make Eric something he was not. But I guess since he didn't laugh at a dick picture Eric is better off with his former bully. It was poorly done and they did not do enough to redeem Adam in my eyes.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Seen the first five episodes. It is excellent, really enjoying it :) Rahim is a great introduction to the show. There really are too many love triangles, though :D

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Season 2 was more drama focused and I loved it for that. Stuck al the landings plot thread wise. Show is a masterpiece really.

These two keep missing each other. All good. They'll end up together in the end.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
6 episodes in - I've liked season 2 but I feel like its overstaying its welcome. A lot of the season's drama has hinged on Otis making an ass of himself, and its really getting tiring, not to mention the sheer number of love triangles (that give way to more love triangles!).

I also feel like it lost some of the charm having the sex clinic be much less of a focus this season. Its become more of a typical romantic comedy.

I've enjoyed it (Jackson, Eric and Amy's story's have been great), but episode 6 (particularily, what Otis does during the episode) has really killed my interest. Like, its kind of crazy just how badly they ruined Otis this season.

Last edited:

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Episode 6 was amazing I thought. But Otis is indeed a colossal arsehole this season.

Agree with the sentiment expressed elsewhere - Jackson, Aimee etc. have had great storylines. Very very strong. Liked Eric too. Oh and Adam's mother - Maureen - her expanded role is very nice, like her scenes with Jean.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Episode 6 was amazing I thought. But Otis is indeed a colossal arsehole this season.

Agree with the sentiment expressed elsewhere - Jackson, Aimee etc. have had great storylines. Very very strong. Liked Eric too. Oh and Adam's mother - Maureen - her expanded role is very nice, like her scenes with Jean.

The clubbing scene was very accurate. All those emotions that seem to range from dread to euphoria.

Such clubbing!

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Just started watching this and just wanted to say what the hell mythical part of Britain is this set in?!

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man I just finished S2

I love this show so much

Aimee storyline was fucking incredible. The scene
with all the girls in the bus
WOW. Perfect.

I love how it touches on some very important themes.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I actually liked the finale. Expected to dislike it after reading some of the posts but was pleasantly surprised. Anyhow, bring on season 3.

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Finished season 1 thanks to this thread. Can't believe I somehow missed this when it was first released. Now to start season 2......

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished, another great season. Except the ending, fuck that shit.

But yea, this show continues to be awesome, and has so much heart on top of being hilarious.

Spoiler thoughts:

Fuck Isaac. I never liked him from the jump, dude was just insufferable to be around. Also it's much harder to like characters that are clearly there to get in the way of the relationship everyone actually wants to see (unless they're awesome like Ola) But then he goes and deletes the message, and yea, permanent shit list. I was already prepared for the high likelihood of Otis and Maeve not being a thing for yet another season, but then going about it like this was extremely irritating. Also pretty poor writing, who the fuck doesn't take her phone with them lol, or at least lock it? Now we have to likely go through a season of Isaac manipulating her too...

On a more positive note, I'm gonna go against what appears to be the majority and say that I'm honestly fine with Eric and Adam now. Last season, yea, the impromptu blow job was a lot to take in given Adam's previous bullying, but I felt that the season went a long way in "redeeming" him. He's truly remorseful for his actions, he isn't ashamed to be with him, etc. It may very well be a relationship that blows up in Eric's face, but mainly I'm just saying I don't find the thought of them being together revolting anymore. Also what helped a bit is just not really liking Rahim. Dude felt so creepy, especially at the beginning. He was done dirty by Eric for sure, but I ain't losing any sleep over it.

Loved Jackson and Aimee's arcs. Characters like Viv were great additions, while seeing more of old ones like Emily and Maureen was really fun.

For the main trio, I was shook by how thoroughly unlikable Otis was in Ep. 6. It's a miracle he was able to bounce back from that. Also him hooking up with Ruby was hilarious, they even weirdly had a bit of chemistry. Eric was a delight as always, felt he could've done more though. As for Maeve, while she wasn't exactly in the background, it really sucked that she didn't hang out with Otis as much. Glad she at least had one good thing through the Quiz Heads, as her life largely sucks outside of that right now. ;_;

Oct 26, 2017
Just binged the whole thing (S1 and S2). I have some thoughts on the S2 ending:

Although the show is not "realistic", it is realatble. I have no issues with who ended up with each other, or the shitty actions some of the characters have made for the purposes of story. Teenagers don't always make the best decisions, I certainly didn't. I haven't always made the "healthy" choices and I've done things that I regret, and that is what more or less every character is doing throughout the course of the series. It may be a bit exaggerated or larger than life, but it all rings very true.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Just binged the whole thing (S1 and S2). I have some thoughts on the S2 ending:

Although the show is not "realistic", it is realatble. I have no issues with who ended up with each other, or the shitty actions some of the characters have made for the purposes of story. Teenagers don't always make the best decisions, I certainly didn't. I haven't always made the "healthy" choices and I've done things that I regret, and that is what more or less every character is doing throughout the course of the series. It may be a bit exaggerated or larger than life, but it all rings very true.

I sort of believe this with Adam and Eric, that seems like a 'believable' sort of dumb teen decision. I don't think Adam is redeemed though, and if the relationship doesn't prove to be toxic then I feel it'll be a copout.

I don't think I can say the same for Otis/Maeve/Isaac. That wasn't teens being stupid. That was bad plotting to let the writers go where they wanted. No teen will have a mobile phone without a lock on it, no teen says 'check your messages'. You get a notification on your phone now when you have a voicemail!

Oct 26, 2017
I sort of believe this with Adam and Eric, that seems like a 'believable' sort of dumb teen decision. I don't think Adam is redeemed though, and if the relationship doesn't prove to be toxic then I feel it'll be a copout.

I don't think I can say the same for Otis/Maeve/Isaac. That wasn't teens being stupid. That was bad plotting to let the writers go where they wanted. No teen will have a mobile phone without a lock on it, no teen says 'check your messages'. You get a notification on your phone now when you have a voicemail!

Definitely not redeemed, but in terms of the story that's fine. Teenage relationships are messy and full of mistakes, I think a story beat like that is very believable.

I think the only issue with the second point was as you said, right at the end. Though, to give them the benefit of the doubt (even though it was clearly done for story purposes), I know people (ok, not teenagers) who either don't have a lock on their phone or are quite happy to tell other people what their pin is. The most unrealistic part of that was leaving someone a voicemail in my opinion.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Currently binging S2, episode 4 broke my heart a bit, not gonna lie. Especially since I've been shipping Otis & Maeve since the start of the show (no shame to Ola, she's amazing too). Curious to see where this will go, but probably not the way I want it to, knowing this show usually knows how to surprise me and subvert my expectations.

Oct 27, 2017
Get douche kit. Fill with luke warm water. Shove nozzle up your butt. Squeeze water up your butt. Relax for a couple minutes. Expel water from butt.

Repeat steps until water comes out clear.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Idk, feeling Eric messed up big by choosing Adam brehs. Rahim was cool, man. But tbh, Eric has less in common with Adam than Rah.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the ending.

It is going to drag out the Otis/Maeve stuff if they intend on putting them together, but I don't mind Otis suffering a bit cause he was really awful to Maeve at the party. Let him get a taste of what he was trying to do to Jackson last season.

All the other little subplots were good except for Eric's. They did Rahim dirty. I don't even think he and Eric were a great pair since Rahim was a bit too introspective for him, but it's shitty that they paired Eric up with Adam because he apparently makes Eric ~shine. Felt like they were saying Rahim wasn't good for Eric because he made Eric different, but all Rahim was trying to do all season was get to know him. Rahim never tried to make Eric something he was not. But I guess since he didn't laugh at a dick picture Eric is better off with his former bully. It was poorly done and they did not do enough to redeem Adam in my eyes.
Yeah I agree.

It was weird how easily Eric dropped Rahim like a stone seemingly based on nothing but a comment from his mom. Rahim has been nothing but a good boyfriend to Eric, or at least trying to be. Not a fan of how the ending is setting up yet more love triangles and shitty decisions tho. Maeve instantly going for the nuclear option on her mom also felt like a very TV thing to do. You don't just toss a child to social services unless there's absolutely no other way. The show feels like it's getting long in the tooth, I hope they wrap it up in season 3 tbh. I still like it but the love triangles thing has already gotten old.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Just finished the season, was overall pleased with it, except for stuff here and there.

Adam redeemed himself well this season, and his growth surely was great to see. When you see how happy he is to finally have a friend when Ola says he is his friend, it's kinda heartbreaking because you understand this dude right there just needs more love in his life, but hasn't been given much because of extremely shitty parents. Well, dad. I'm happy his parents are getting a divorce, as it also showed him an important lesson in seeing his mother breaking free and pursuing her heart rather than staying in an unhealthy marriage. I felt bad for Rahim, he was done dirty, but sometimes it's just life, you do people dirty no matter how good they've been to you, simply because following you heart can do that sometimes, and that sucks. Eric has always had a soft spot for Adam and it's been obvious, and was just waiting for Adam to finally be ready to be out in the open, which he now is. Sometimes you can't handle who you're really attracted to, who is really making your heart beat. I'm curious to see how this relationship will evolved on S3.

As for Otis & Maeve, that very last move kinda pissed me off because of how unnecessary and forced it was. They obviously wanna keep the drama going between the two of them, great, but I can already see how they're gonna spend 7 episodes of S3 being pissed and ignoring each other, only for Otis to spill the beans on that phone call at the very end of the final episode of S3, and I'm honestly already tired of this prospect. This is textbook over-fabricated drama. Surely the writers are good enough to create interesting stories for when they'll finally be together, and not just, y'know, postpone that moment forever as their only tool for tension. It's pretty cheap, uninteresting and boring.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the season, was overall pleased with it, except for stuff here and there.

Adam redeemed himself well this season, and his growth surely was great to see. When you see how happy he is to finally have a friend when Ola says he is his friend, it's kinda heartbreaking because you understand this dude right there just needs more love in his life, but hasn't been given much because of extremely shitty parents. Well, dad. I'm happy his parents are getting a divorce, as it also showed him an important lesson in seeing his mother breaking free and pursuing her heart rather than staying in an unhealthy marriage. I felt bad for Rahim, he was done dirty, but sometimes it's just life, you do people dirty no matter how good they've been to you, simply because following you heart can do that sometimes, and that sucks. Eric has always had a soft spot for Adam and it's been obvious, and was just waiting for Adam to finally be ready to be out in the open, which he now is. Sometimes you can't handle who you're really attracted to, who is really making your heart beat. I'm curious to see how this relationship will evolved on S3.

As for Otis & Maeve, that very last move kinda pissed me off because of how unnecessary and forced it was. They obviously wanna keep the drama going between the two of them, great, but I can already see how they're gonna spend 7 episodes of S3 being pissed and ignoring each other, only for Otis to spill the beans on that phone call at the very end of the final episode of S3, and I'm honestly already tired of this prospect. This is textbook over-fabricated drama. Surely the writers are good enough to create interesting stories for when they'll finally be together, and not just, y'know, postpone that moment forever as their only tool for tension. It's pretty cheap, uninteresting and boring.

It's just really weird too, cuz they had already had justification for postponing them getting together. Maeve has been through a lot this season, which the big one being reporting on her own mother to Social Services, who responds by saying she'll never forgive her. She's all alone, again, and that could've been an excuse to say she's not ready for a relationship right now or something, I dunno.

Instead we get Isaac.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
It's just really weird too, cuz they had already had justification for postponing them getting together. Maeve has been through a lot this season, which the big one being reporting on her own mother to Social Services, who responds by saying she'll never forgive her. She's all alone, again, and that could've been an excuse to say she's not ready for a relationship right now or something, I dunno.

Instead we get Isaac.

I really didn't like Isaac at first, then opened up to him a bit, and now outward dislike him. I can understand where he's coming from though, this is the kind of move you do out of sheer insecurity, and he's ridden with them. It's a dumb as fuck move even for him who knows that Maeve is still in love with Otis, thus he'll never get the love he so desperately crave from her anyway. And she'll truly hate him once she'll know the truth about what happened, which we all know she will eventually. What an incredibly selfish and short-sighted move. It felt cheap how he acted that way (on top of Maeve not taking her phone and not locking it up), and it just feels like a forced artificial plot to keep people invested in the OtisxMaeve tension.