• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell is it that I have 4 rule out covid19 patients while my female nurses have zero? Yeah they tell the charge/manager "I can't take covid19 patients because I'm trying to get pregnant"............What says you Era?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Translation because people keep asking: OP is saying as a male nurse he's getting the brunt of reviewing COVID and possible COVID patients because apparently the female nurses are saying that they want to get pregnant and are afraid exposure to the virus will harm their pregnancy.

Uh what

My mom is a nurse that's currently taking covid and rule out covid patients

I work with multiple female doctors and nurses taking covid and rule out covid patients

definitely something you want to bring up to management. Charge manager needs to get shit under control

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Grammar: Why can't I understand this OP?

If you got an issue you should properly explain it.

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
source.gif

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like they are being exempted from taking COVID-19 patients because they are trying to get pregnant, and their belief is that this would pose a risk to the pregnancy.

I am not sure if this is true (the risk), but it makes sense as a reason to be excluded, if it was. Women (who are pregnant) often get time off work prior to birth due to increased risk of complications if they are not put on bed rest, for example, so such sex-based distinctions are valid for pregnancy. Again, not commenting on if the current claims are true.

Personally, at this point if you don't want to catch COVID-19 as a nurse then you shouldn't be in a hospital or care centre of any kind.

EDIT - Also, OP should be more clear that women are not being exempted, it is women trying to get pregnant (who may be already pregnant). I mean, they could be lying to get away from potential contraction of the virus, but the distinction is important.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry too busy donning and doffting PPE to explain why my female colleagues aren't doing the same as I am. Seriously being a male nurse sucks

Hang in there, thank you for all you're doing. They might have serious concerns, if you had a wife that was a nurse looking to get pregnant would you want her to take precautions? Even if they're lying you don't wanna take that chance. It sucks, but this whole thing sucks.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
It sounds like they are being exempted from taking COVID-19 patients because they are trying to get pregnant, and their belief is that this would pose a risk to the pregnancy.

I am not sure if this is true (the risk), but it makes sense as a reason to be excluded, if it was. Women (who are pregnant) often get time off work prior to birth due to increased risk of complications if they are not put on bed rest, for example, so such sex-based distinctions are valid for pregnancy. Again, not commenting on if the current claims are true.

Personally, at this point if you don't want to catch COVID-19 as a nurse then you shouldn't be in a hospital or care centre of any kind.

EDIT - Also, OP should be more clear that women are not being exempted, it is women trying to get pregnant (who may be already pregnant). I mean, they could be lying to get away from potential contraction of the virus, but the distinction is important.
Superb username/avatar combination.

For Vectron!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

At least in the UK they're a group being asked to self-isolate or be strict with their social distancing disciplines.

screenshot_20200321-0g8kqd.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
This is wrong and reported

Are you saying you reported the user for this comment? Or the women are reporting their attempt at pregnancy wrongly? I know you are busy, but taking the time to type out longer (and more detailed) responses is going to make conversation easier since this is such a delicate topic.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure if this is true (the risk), but it makes sense as a reason to be excluded. Women (who are pregnant) often get time off work prior to birth due to increased risk of complications if they are not put on bed rest, for example.
From what we know pregnant woman are not part of the risk group. In China they have not been hit worse than the average population.

According to that logic we should have had a world wide shut down of schools not to stop transmission of diseases, but to protect children. Simply because children, pregnant woman are normally as much in danger as elders.

However, I am 30. Nobody would think of putting me into a risk group. And it'd feel better to tell my coworker "I am pregnant" than "I have cardio diseases that puts me into the risk group.".

Not everyone needs to know my medical history.

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I am a lab tech and I have drawn blood from people who are in isolation, specifically because someone who is preggo was going to draw them and didn't want to. I didn't think anything of it. Just like I don't think anything when some woman wants me to draw someone's blood because they know they are a pervy creep. It just comes with the territory and I haven't cared about similar situations personally. I can kind of get where you are coming from but I don't get it.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of women are tending to covid patients, stop treating your work situation like it is the fucking gospel.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The framing of the thread does not seem like it'll generate productive discussion, so the thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.