• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/sexual-harassment-was-rampant-at-coachella-2018

Of the 54 young women who spoke to Teen Vogue for this piece during the weekend-long event, all of them had a story of sexual assault or harassment that occurred this year at Coachella. Many of these accounts reveal patterns of predatory behavior harassers exhibited throughout the festival, and many of the reports I collected sound nearly exactly the same. Here are some of their stories, condensed for clarity.

"I was standing in line for water," said Chantal, 19. "A guy picked me up and put me over his shoulder. I'm really small, so this happens to me a lot. Sometimes there are really great bystanders. There will be guys who will say, 'Hey, get away from her,' and it's really cool when they do that."

Reagan's experience was similar to my experience as well: The night before I had been called a "heinous bitch" by a guy whom I'd declined to kiss on Saturday in the VIP section.

This is a major problem at music festivals and it's disgusting how frequently it happens.

Oct 27, 2017
I read this earlier today. The account from the reporter over the exchange in the bathroom was revolting. I wonder how much longer they can offer people so few resources to deal with this problem at festivals.

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is partly why the "bitch" thread was so disheartening.

Misogyny is completely normalised and despite a number of male and female posters saying "this isn't cool", you had a bunch of obnoxious males simply saying "nah it's fine" over and over again.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely vile. Do they prohibit people from bringing defensive items with them like mace or tasers? Motherfuckers need to get zapped.

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Victim blaming.
But it's totally ok for a females to be 95% naked and not have people creep on you?

Look, yeah it's bad. But I think it's a both female/male issue.

To elaborate further cause y'all take shit so sensitive.

Not saying guys don't do stupid shit but if You've been to Coachella you would know that they should regulate the dress code a little to stop this from happening more

Last edited:

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Wow at what the author was called the night before.

Edit* that victim blaming the post above doe.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely vile. Do they prohibit people from bringing defensive items with them like mace or tasers? Motherfuckers need to get zapped.
yes they normally do. or else you'd have a whole lot of armed people getting boozed up and doing a whole lot of boozed up and armed things.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Accusing other users of sexual harassment
But it's totally ok for a females to be 95% naked and not have people creep on you?

Victim blaming already huh. I'm guessing you've done this shit to women before.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

FdbpLqU.gif

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
This is not surprising.

It is to me, but I guess i'm just old. Can't imagine what kind of person would just grope young women.

No it's not. Dressing sexy or slutty doesn't mean you can be sexually violated against your will. What the fuck.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Just read the full article. I feel like I need to take a shower.

More should be done to curb this shit.

I am sure the organisers are too scared of pissing off the wrong rich priviledged men to actually take this kind of shit seriously.

Yes it is, wtf is wrong with you?

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
See this happen at open air venues all the time, girls who are on somebody's shoulders will most likely have a hand reach for their breast from a drunk dipshit below

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Not the least bit surprising.

We don't go to many concerts that much anymore, but in our younger years (when we were dating ) my wife would never go to concert/music festival without me and some friends.

Whelp

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Edited for a little more understanding. Not saying guys don't do stupid shit but if You've been to Coachella you would know that they should regulate the dress code a little to stop this from happening more
even if a girl is running around coachella naked that's still not permission for you to touch any part of her my guy

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen my fair share of questionablr(and blatant) when I used to go to festivals. EDC being the worst in my experience.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Hire more security, have more cameras for surveillance, and toss them out no refund when reported or caught.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, yes it is. A woman should be able to be naked and not worry about anything happening to her.

This logic is what perpetuates sexual harassment. We shouldn't shame the survivors, we should attack the perpetrators.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Edited for a little more understanding. Not saying guys don't do stupid shit but if You've been to Coachella you would know that they should regulate the dress code a little to stop this from happening more

Oh Jesus, you were serious? What the hell? Men are more than animals. Women can wear whatever the hell they want or nothing at all without worrying about guys that don't want to control themselves.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017

Wearing revealing clothing is never ever consent in any form whatsoever to be touched/groped/harassed. People should be free to wear what they want without fear of others.

I can't fathom how this is still difficult for some people to understand.

Your edit only furthers victim blaming at its finest.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

Not saying guys don't do stupid shit but if You've been to Coachella you would know that they should regulate the dress code a little to stop this from happening more

maybe we're not sensitive, maybe you're an asshole?

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, yes it is. A woman should be able to be naked and not worry about anything happening to her.

This logic is what perpetuates sexual harassment. We shouldn't shame the survivors, we should attack the perpetrators.

Ok but when a woman does it to a guy then it's cool? At Coachella shit happens both ways. That's all I'm saying.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

wow lol

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018

She dresses like a ho so she can be treated like one right.

Oct 25, 2017
Girls could wear low cut tight shirts that say "I'm a whore" and still no one has the fucking right to touch them.
They could be 100% naked and the same is true.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen my fair share of questionablr(and blatant) when I used to go to festivals. EDC being the worst in my experience.
EDC is indeed the worst. I've had better experiences with nazi skinheads at metal festivals than I've had at electronic festivals with the edm bro-type in attendance.