• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But it's totally ok for a females to be 95% naked and not have people creep on you?

Look, yeah it's bad. But I think it's a both female/male issue.

To elaborate further cause y'all take shit so sensitive.

Not saying guys don't do stupid shit but if You've been to Coachella you would know that they should regulate the dress code a little to stop this from happening more
Holy Hell!

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok but when a woman does it to a guy then it's cool? At Coachella shit happens both ways. That's all I'm saying.

Nobody said that anywhere. Stop trying to twist your dumbass comment into something nobody said. You fucked up. Address that, learn from it, move on.

Sexual harassment isn't okay anywhere, against anybody.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
People are supposed to go to music events and enjoy themselves, it's supposed to be a place to relax and enjoy the artist, not get molested. Funny enough, I was watching a video of Eddie Vedder throwing a guy out of his show for having his fingers in a girl's face, also made sure she was OK before continuing to play, I wish artists would always call it out if they see it at the actually shows and, at an event like this, make sure that things like this can be reported and they're properly policed.

Not saying guys don't do stupid shit but if You've been to Coachella you would know that they should regulate the dress code a little to stop this from happening more
Women could be walking around in a thong and a strap around their tits and it still wouldn't be justification for sexual harassment. Stop blaming the victims, holy fucking shit.

Frankie_baby

Banned
Feb 11, 2018
Festivals were always havens of debauchery and great great fun at that, and while no one should ever feel abused or uncomfortable sad (for both men and women) if current atttudes are killing the free spirit

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But it's totally ok for a females to be 95% naked and not have people creep on you?

Holy shit.

We have a live, "Well maybe if the women dressed more conservatively."

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oh okay so if a 6'5'' 270lb. gay man goes around and starts picking up straight dudes, playfully. He picks you up over his shoulder because you have your shirt off. What do you do? What if he grabs your dick without asking during the Beyoncé set?

Is it your fault because you were asking for it? Because of the dress code? Because he found you sexy?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

This post is straight garbage.

I recently read about an art installation that focused on what women were wearing when they were sexually harassed or assaulted. The photos of it were really interesting and eye opening.

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
To the story posted by OP yes of course it's wrong to do that. And no I would never do that to a girl.

I was just pointing out that when guys are fucken drunk or high out of their minds they do stupid shit and if a girl half naked just smiled a at them for a sec they think it's open season... I've seen many times because I've been to Coachella. Anyway I think there needs to be some regulation to SToP this shit from happening further.

Oct 27, 2017

Your elaboration is no better.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Absolutely vile. Do they prohibit people from bringing defensive items with them like mace or tasers? Motherfuckers need to get zapped.

Surely you can see why allowing those things at a festival could be problematic?

The real solution is having adequate facilities and a strong, professional security presence. Many concert promoters try to cut expenses in this area.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh no

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This post is straight garbage.

I recently read about an art installation that focused on what women were wearing when they were sexually harassed or assaulted. The photos of it were really interesting and eye opening.
I'm gonna take a wild guess based on what I've witnessed in life.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
To the story posted by OP yes of course it's wrong to do that. And no I would never do that to a girl.

I was just pointing out that when guys are fucken drunk or high out of their minds they do stupid shit and if a girl half naked just smiled a at them for a sec they think it's open season... I've seen many times because I've been to Coachella. Anyway I think there needs to be some regulation to SToP this shit from happening further.

So, once again, you're saying the victims are the ones who need regulating?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

I was just pointing out that when guys are ducked drunk or high out of their minds they do stupid shit and if a girl half naked just smiled a at them for a sec they think it's open season... I've seen it because I've been to Coachella. I live down the damn st. Anyway I think there needs to be some regulation to SToP this shit from happening further.
So then the problem is the fucking guy in this scenario. Because girls will get harassed no matter what the fuck they're wearing.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It shouldn't matter what they're wearing. Being half naked or even fully naked isn't a free pass to go touching whoever you want. You're restricting one group to make up for the shitty actions of another group.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You can't be fucking serious. The way a woman dress doesn't give any man any right to harass her, I don't give a fuck if she's walking around naked.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017

I was just pointing out that when guys are ducked drunk or high out of their minds they do stupid shit and if a girl half naked just smiled a at them for a sec they think it's open season... I've seen it because I've been to Coachella. I live down the damn st. Anyway I think there needs to be some regulation to SToP this shit from happening further.
so if a guy rapes a girl, it's the alochol's fault, but if a girl gets raped, it's her fault because of how she's dressed?

read your posts aloud before you hit send

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Keep on digging

Oct 27, 2017
NYC

The way a woman dresses says nothing about her desire to be touched by random people.
These festivals are in warm weather, people are dancing how the fuck do you want them to dress? Is there a certain amount of clothing a woman must wear to indicate she doesn't want to be grabbed by random men?

Frankie_baby

Banned
Feb 11, 2018
On an even more WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK note though, just clicked on the actual article and see that the article was basically written to promote some app about STD status, seriously just use a fucking condom, especially at a festival for fucks sake, I seriously dispare

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

had an ex-girlfriend with me at a Yeah Yeah Yeahs show that was groped underneath her fucking jeans by a guy that were "fucken drunk or high out of their minds". a guy in the same group pulled his dick out and rubbed it on the back of a fully-clothed unassuming underage girl.

shut the fuck up you idiot.

Gugi40

Mar 7, 2018
Canada
The fact that none of this is surprising is what's really upsetting, as if sexual harassment is just a thing that happens to you and you just ignore it. I have experienced sexual harassment on multiple occasions, one of which was at a club and always there is one guy that would pull on my shirt almost ripping it, or touch my crotch, or grab me and try to pull me away from the safety of my group of friends. It doesn't matter how 'conservatively' you dress or how drunk/sober you are or how many people you are with, this shit is just something that constantly happens and the whole victim blaming excuse is not valid because no matter how much 'prevention' you do it is going to happen, it is just a matter of when.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017

nKIs8up.gif

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I was standing in line for water," said Chantal, 19. "A guy picked me up and put me over his shoulder. I'm really small, so this happens to me a lot. Sometimes there are really great bystanders. There will be guys who will say, 'Hey, get away from her,' and it's really cool when they do that."

lmao how does this even enter someone's mind? "oh hey she's small, let me show her how cool I am by picking her up and carrying her over my shoulder! That'll really impress her."

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I read this earlier today. The account from the reporter over the exchange in the bathroom was revolting. I wonder how much longer they can offer people so few resources to deal with this problem at festivals.
That particular exchange is weird because Coachella separates the bathroom areas by gender. There's only a tiny handful of places I can think of where she'd be in line for a bathroom and would have to deal with men being in her vicinity.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying the guy was already probably in an area he was not supposed to be, which makes it 10x more gross.

Oct 26, 2017

You do realize women can be clothed and grabbed anyways? The idea that clothing is what provokes sexual assault is asinine. Blame the people who are touching for no reason.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just flat out sucks that women can't enjoy music festivals due to this shit.

I mean, for fucksakes, who in their right mind would pick up someone they don't know? We really are running on cave man software.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017

Victim blaming, huh? Everyone should be allowed to wear whatever they want.
Edit: Already banned. Good job.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
This is partly why the "bitch" thread was so disheartening.

Misogyny is completely normalised and despite a number of male and female posters saying "this isn't cool", you had a bunch of obnoxious males simply saying "nah it's fine" over and over again.

Nah, they totally shouldn't dress skimpy and this one girl before said its cool. I'm sure he just playin as well and she was just acting like a bitch too!

/s

I don't have a single female friend that is willing to go to these alone for that exact reason and its a shame to hear that, since some of my best times are going alone. I can be left entirely alone as a guy and I've never once been touched, grabbed, harassed, creepily stared at, etc.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I imagine this is the case at every music festival but women are just being a lot more vocal about it. I remember reading about Stagecoach and why camping was basically banned at that festival because of the high high numbers of sexual assaults.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How hard is it to just not put your hands on a stranger? That's a pretty basic rule of civilization.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Absolutely. My anger got the better of me and I immediately thought of that after posting. But thanks for catching that nonetheless.

No worries. It's a pretty rage-inducing story. Even now I'm thinking back to all the shows and parties I've attended, that have been ruined by assholes who couldn't or didn't want to control themselves.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That guy should have known better than that.

Come the eff on.

Rivi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Downplaying culture of sexual assault; disingenuous commentary
Because they're busy empathizing with a dick.
I swear some of you people.. victim blaming is one thing but the poster went and fucking attacked someone with 0 knowledge on the individual and you guys sit there like oh he deserved it. You're literally victim blaming yourself.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anonymity + Large Crowds + Alcohol/Drugs + Loud Noise = perfect storm to attract creep asshole predators to prey on people.

I'm not sure how much organizers can actually do on this front outside of making sure staff is visibly available throughout the event, because the things that make it attractive to assholes are the exact things that make it very difficult to address.

Frankie_baby

Banned
Feb 11, 2018
Sounds like a shitty festival with a shitty spirit if people not wanting to be harassed somehow ruins it.

Thousands of people having fun being drunk and/or wasted there will be tonnes of attention from both men and women to others and I'm sure most attending would understand that but seeing attempts at attention as sexual harassment in that kind of enviroment just really surprising to me, I can't imagine any girl at a festival feeling sexually harassed because someone picked them up, any I would'v known would'v found that hilarious then again I can't either imagine any guy calling a girl a "heinous bitch" for not kissing them in my day they would'v just moved on and just tried kissing someone else
As I say the spirit just doesn' seem quite the same with today's youth