• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm still not sure how I'm going to move my stuff, but I'll be moving to Albany/Berkeley next week.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Hey guys! If you're looking for something to do on Friday night you should come to the art show I'm taking part in at Complex Oakland.

diGKcaN.jpg

It's the first ever art show I've participated in so I'm a little nervous (but mostly excited). It starts at 10pm and it's basically an art-show/party with music, drinks and a variety of different artists presenting their stuff. If you're interested, get your tickets at https://www.trapxart.com/events and use my promo code "JoelV"

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
One option that is becoming increasingly likely is that I'm going to do a one-way car rental from airport to airport, so I'll be dropping the car off at Oakland airport sometime on Tuesday (and then taking BART back).

What's the best time to do that to avoid traffic? Or is it not as bad in the east bay?

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
One option that is becoming increasingly likely is that I'm going to do a one-way car rental from airport to airport, so I'll be dropping the car off at Oakland airport sometime on Tuesday (and then taking BART back).

What's the best time to do that to avoid traffic? Or is it not as bad in the east bay?
Best hours to drive are probably after the rush, which is really late at night, or during the day 10am-12pm, 2-4pm. Or just look at your maps app throughout the day to see how red it is.

You can also use Google maps to estimate an average based on time of day.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Best hours to drive are probably after the rush, which is really late at night, or during the day 10am-12pm, 2-4pm. Or just look at your maps app throughout the day to see how red it is.

You can also use Google maps to estimate an average based on time of day.

Hm, thanks. Guess I should shoot for 2 PM-ish then, as I don't think I can return it THAT late without incurring extra fees.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Did I miss all the heat? I get back from vacation on Wednesday. It's been like 70 F my entire time in Alaska, natives have been telling me how unusual it is and how I must have cursed them and brought the weather with me.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I traded dodging shit on the streets and expensive lunch to being stuck on the 92 for an hour ;___;

(still totally worth it)
What do they say?
Twitter bought up every bit of ad space in the station. All the posters show a single tweet, each one different, that talks about how awesome Twitter is. Like "Twitter is how I chillax" and "Twitter is the best party around". People around me were talking about how it was like a Black Mirror episode.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Same. We looked at Pacifica, actually before we decided on the city. It was a really nice environment, but ended up being too far and ? with traffic that we decided against it. Maybe next year now that I'm out of school we can reconsider.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Twitter bought up every bit of ad space in the station. All the posters show a single tweet, each one different, that talks about how awesome Twitter is. Like "Twitter is how I chillax" and "Twitter is the best party around". People around me were talking about how it was like a Black Mirror episode.
Holy hell...that's terrible.
You moved to Half Moon?

I don't know if I could manage that.
Nah I'm in Berkeley still so have to take the 92 (the bridge) to get to the Sony office. Though I'm hoping by end of day today I'll officially have a place in San Mateo to move to.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in a downtown area removed from the hills so I'm hoping it doesn't stretch down, but also think this whole thing is bonkers.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Didn't even know there was such a thing, that's pretty cool. That reminded me that I forgot about California Extreme this year.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't able to go since I got sick last minute. I'll post some of the videos up once I see them on YouTube.

Here's last year:

I'll be sure to post the location and date for the next one beforehand

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I should check what events go on around in the bay. I always miss out on things I'm interested in unless it's auto related events. Lol.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Another potential shutdown this week on Wednesday/Thursday. I don't understand how PG&E expects people to accept this as a new normal.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Yeah, my coworker was telling me about it as he lives out in the sticks. PG&E fucking sucks. Thankfully I'm not affected by the outages but it's ridiculous people have to put up with that bullshit.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Whew, my county is in the clear for the latest round of PG&E outages. I really need to start taking moving seriously myself, because dealing with this a dozen times or so a year going forward is going to be a nightmare.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Is there some tech bro billionaire confrence in SF Jan 13-15 or something?

I'm looking at going to some Sketchfest panels around that time and a bunch of hotels I'm looking at jump their rates $1000/night just those 3 days and that's if they have any space at all.