• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you want an answer to your question don't ask in such a condescending as fuck tone next time. The way he keeps his arm stretched out from the top of his arc to the bottom without a single movementof his body looks jarring to me.
I'm out of here now. Have fun.
giphy.gif

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Also, at 1:27 you can see him neurual jump and he jumps pretty high.

Yeah you're totally right. Guess it just looked weird to me since I am not used to looking at his jumps yet and yeah he seems to be jumping quite high

I find him interesting and do wonder how he plays. I suck at the game and only a fourth of the roster actually feel good to mess around with. Might buy him with fight money on my alt-account, just to check him out. Sadly that free Sakura trial was a one-time treat

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Cody's moveset kinda makes you want them to make it possible to access both V-triggers without having to choose just one.

Cody's jailbird past with his Nostalgia Costume that can be altered with the special code to reveal a tank top underneath and the sleeves of his prison outfit tied at his waist.

The secret code alternate for his prisoner outfit sounds awesome. The Final Fight costume looks better than I thought initially,

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hailing from the beat-em-up series Final Fight – where Zeku's pupil Guy was also introduced - Cody first appeared in the Street Fighter series in Street Fighter Alpha 3. Unable to adapt to the peace, Cody was repeatedly thrown into prison – or returned voluntarily – after causing havoc in the streets by fighting through any conflict he could find. He casually broke out of prison in Super Street Fighter IV to search for a cure for his boredom, but ultimately returned by his own free will. In Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, Mike Haggar exonerates Cody of his crimes, which leads to him being the new mayor of Metro City. Though he constantly complains, Cody secretly finds a glimmer of joy in his new position. However, this doesn't ultimately stop him from solving problems with his bare hands, knives, or pipes…

This story shits itself quite visibly. There's a big ??? and no real growth?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh I will have fun, Cody's my favorite SF character. And I'm assuming the answer is no, otherwise you'd know attacks have to come out in certain frames so they can't follow a completely flawless animation transition when you're jumping and can press a button at any time during the jumping animation.
The answer is yes, and all of that has nothing to do with the point I'm making. The animation of whatever punch he's throwing there (light, medium, heavy, doesn't matter) on the top of his arc and staying the same throught the second half of it looks jarring. It's because of the pose itself that the landing looks more awkward to me than the usual landing after a jump. If he would draw back the fist a bit more before he lands it would probably look better to me. Falke had similar problems for me.
That's all.
But every time I get a glimpse into the FGC outside of Evo I really consider to stop playing. Fucking obnoxious.

Some really charming stuff in here lol.
Bye.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Can we take a moment to appreciate how clean Cody's new theme is? Someone on YouTube actually pointed out that the remix is more upbeat to reflect Cody's rebound in life after getting out of prison, & now I love the theme even more.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Man he lost ALL his command normals... F.mp is fucking gone... Now he had guy's tatsu and rashids whirlwind... There was something special about someone throwing pebbles as destructive as other fighters super powers... Overall he doesn't habe much in common with street fighter cody apart from a single move (lk ruffian kick). Disappointed. Still gonna main him, but might not keep me in the game.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The answer is yes, and all of that has nothing to do with the point I'm making. The animation of whatever punch he's throwing there (light, medium, heavy, doesn't matter) on the top of his arc and staying the same throught the second half of it looks jarring. It's because of the pose itself that the landing looks more awkward to me than the usual landing after a jump. If he would draw back the fist a bit more before he lands it would probably look better to me. Falke had similar problems for me.
That's all.
But every time I get a glimpse into the FGC outside of Evo I really consider to stop playing. Fucking obnoxious.
Your own response to me asking you what initially looked off with that animation had a pompous tone to it. It's not like "it's everyone else who is at fault."

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nice to see he has his Final Fight costume. It should have his Final Fight costume as the default one.
His new default costume is so ugly, almost as ugly as his SFA3 prision costume (but in any case I'm happy it's also here).

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know, but like, he was in prison multiple times? What took Mike so damn long lol

Judging by the letter Haggar wrote that the SF twitter posted yesterday, I assume Haggar was trying to get Cody to pull his head out his ass and start taking things more seriously. Haggar probably didn't want to pardon Cody until he could trust him again.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lol getting Kenny Omega to be Cody is genius considering his stuff with Cody Rhodes recently

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Oh his spin kick being his V skill is perfect

Man he looks great, it's nice to see a cody who as actully cleaned up and trying to be a good mayor

Nex

Oct 25, 2017
why do people who have literally never played fighting games come to threads like this?

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Not feeling it at all his moves lack impact, some of the knife stuff looks ok tho.

I also dislike the suit it's boring, i get what they're going for but it's still boring.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Heh. Cool to see Kenny Omega as Cody. He was probably psyched to play him considering he was a Cody main in SF4.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i was expecting to buy cody asap... but now...
those movement changes don't seem too hot

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
the mayor that resolves his city's problems with knives and steel pipes....Amazing!

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO CODY........ THEY BROKE HIS MOVESET. His critical art is poor.

synic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
While I'm not thrilled with how his face looks now, that song has me stoked. "Turn the beat back!"

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Cody was my main in sfiv, kinda looks hohum from the trailer. Will reserve judgement for actually playing him tho

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Cody was my main in sfiv, kinda looks hohum from the trailer. Will reserve judgement for actually playing him tho
He just looks less...idk. Fun? I'm going to reserve judgment too but the rocks/knife and delayed projectiles just gave him a more technical feel. Saving them for v-trigger just feels like a mistake.