• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

From gllty:

Yikes. Disappointing to hear about stuff like this happening so often.

Last edited:

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
It's not just Gllty either; seems like a similar blow up is about to happen with Floe too

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not just Gllty either; seems like a similar blow up is about to happen with Floe too

Hell of a week between those two and photographer Chris Bahn getting called out. Drag out all of the toxic people, there's no place for them.

Edit: Didn't see all of Gllty's apology, that's the proper response to situations like these.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guilty has always been on some super suspect shit even when she was here in stl. Didn't know it got that bad though. Gross.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Between this, Chris Bahn's sexual misconduct accusations, the assortment of reported roofyings and gropings at Evo, the reactionary backlash to the Women of the FGC panel, the misogynistic FGC Old Head group chat that got aired out in public this week, and the celebration of a convicted spousal abuser's "triumphant return" (even though he was at Evo LAST YEAR)

I have been utterly ashamed of the FGC.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
That really isn't the moniker you want to have when accusations like this come your way.

It's a shame the FGC is constantly marred by occurrences like these.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's going on with Floe?

EB2a3kIWsAIJeIQ

EB2a3kKX4AAqa8r

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand why some of her victims don't take her apology at face value, especially since (according to Super Yan) she's done this as recently as two days before Evo. I hope she really does learn and change her behavior.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Gllty just got voted into Street Fighter League, she received more votes than anyone. I wonder if this will eventually affect that.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Been following this and the floe situation on twitter. I'm waiting for how the FGC will react to that, I hear the first tourney has already banned gllty, but floe is one of those OG FGC people and I fear he's getting away with it, even if there is enough evidence. Just look at Infiltration.

I'm disappointed by gllty, especially since she didn't change at all after 5 years. I really liked her in interviews and on stream, but people like that have no place in the FGC.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friend linked me to this earlier. Doesn't seem like she's denying it at all. Which is good.

But seems like the FGC is having a lot of it's dirty secrets exposed and imploding somewhat. That shit with Floe sounds next level disgusting.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been following this and the floe situation on twitter. I'm waiting for how the FGC will react to that, I hear the first tourney has already banned gllty, but floe is one of those OG FGC people and I fear he's getting away with it, even if there is enough evidence. Just look at Infiltration.

I'm disappointed by gllty, especially since she didn't change at all after 5 years. I really liked her in interviews and on stream, but people like that have no place in the FGC.
Yeah, that's a good point actually. Evo, the biggest FG tournament around advertised a wife beater's 'stunning comeback' or some shit.

Can see where the mindset through the rest of the scene wouldn't be much better.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the fgc welcome back Infiltration with open arms is such a bummer.

I hate that one of the biggest online fgc communities is r/kappa, a community that 1) got outraged that infil was left out of the Evo finale video and 2) is now harassing James Chen and accusing him of being a racist because of a single tasteless joke he made on Twitter five years ago.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
She's a predator. She's been doing these kinds of things constantly and without pause. She's just sorry she got caught and is being exposed. People shouldn't be so forgiving.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the fgc welcome back Infiltration with open arms is such a bummer.

I hate that one of the biggest online fgc communities is r/kappa, a community that 1) got outraged that infil was left out of the Evo finale video and 2) is now harassing James Chen and accusing him of being a racist because of a single tasteless joke he made on Twitter five years ago.
Kappa is a garbage-tier place.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I know this everywhere, but the FGC seems like a giant cesspool.

While the FGC didn't create misogyny or sexual misconduct, it remains an overwhelmingly male dominated space that allows the most toxic forms of masculinity to run rampant. Because of this it remains a hostile environment for women, so much so that even other women like Gllty apparently participate in the hostility.

I love the FGC, and it's not all defined by the abusive assholes, but there's way too much frat bro energy in the community.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
All communities have problematic people. This is just coming to light now due to what happened to Tong at EVO and the women of the FGC having enough of this shit.
Yes, I didn't imply it only happens in the FGC. Just said that the FGC, among other communities, is plagued with assholes.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
These kind of actions happened everywhere and every day it's good now people are talking about it but it's just not about the FGC. It's more about how people act about sexual abuse.

Yup. People going in on FGC as if other e-sports isn't rife with similar issues...shit, forget about esports, sexism is rife in SPORTS, full stop.

The problem is that you're dealing with an environment that's self-policing with a demographic that skewers overwhelmingly to young male as far as participants and organizers, and still pretty underground so things like this are allowed to fester.

What's funny about her excuse is I find it believable; I can imagine someone told that all the harassment they faced is just par on course for being a member of the boys club, and continuing that abuse along.

As someone who dips my toes in and out, in the past ten years the scene has matured much, but it's got a long way to go. Society in general

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I don't buy the apology. Not if she was doing similar only 2 days before Evo. If she does learn from it then fine but actions speak louder than words.