• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Call them all out! We need to clean house. There's no place for this trash around here

Extremely disappointed about floe though.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Henny is slang for Hennessy, a brand of cognac.

Tampa Bison is implying people are getting "drunk" off all this MeToo stuff, seemingly implying it's a bad thing that it's happening at all.

(Don't worry I had to look that up too I had no idea what the fuck it meant)
Thank you. I googled it for a second myself but I still wasn't sure how it was being used there. Not sure why not knowing caused a stir.

Anyway, the plus side of all this is that people showing their asses makes it easier to ostracize them.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
What does it say about me that I always assume the assaulter is a man, especially in a gaming context?

When we hear about toxicity in gaming it's almost always men who are the perpetrators of that behavior. I'm always surprised to hear about women acting that way, especially towards other women considering that everyone knows how much shit women get from gamers.
I think it says you have your expectations in check.

Saddens me also with gllty bc she was for a time someone who was a symbol of how fgc was accepting of minorities.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
It's wild that everybody decided to show their asses in the same week. I had to unfollow somebody last night because they were liking #istandwithvic shit.

MFers buggin.

Murdamonk

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that most of the accusations against Infiltration were false. I read that his ex-wife did most of the stuff to ruin him and his career because he said that he wanted to divorce her.

And that the only thing that was true was that he indeed did bruise on of her wrist.

I am confused now. But one thing for sure, it isn't as worst as some of the stuff that came out at first.

Takamura-San

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that most of the accusations against Infiltration were false. I read that his ex-wife did most of the stuff to ruin him and his career because he said that he wanted to divorce her.

And that the only thing that was true was that he indeed did bruise on of her wrist.

I am confused now. But one thing for sure, it isn't as worst as some of the stuff that came out at first.

Where did you get this information?

Shadowstew

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, a number of tournaments have banned Gllty in response to the accusations:

These tournaments and a couple other have also banned Chris Bahn as well. Wouldn't be surprised if similar bans fly for Floe.

While it's really easy to say "X is a toxic community" and move on with your day, I'm glad that the FGC are tackling these issues seriously. Swift tournament bans is a small step and a good start towards making things better and safer.

Also, the FGC seem still small enough and grassroots enough compared to other mainstream gaming communities for changes to happen within the community sooner than later.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a little off topic, but I've read things from some players in the FGC that get upset at tournament organizers who try to stick with policy and bring repercussion to those in the community who go against those policies. These players who get upset about said repercussions then go on to say how these organizers are ass holes just because of them sticking to their guns.

The mindset needs to change or those who still have these archaic mentalities need to get weeded out. It's like the community is infested with players that are close minded, inconsiderate, and still live in the past. There are some good people in the community, but damn it seems like we have the majority of incidences out there and the community is tiny compared to other esport followings.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you. I googled it for a second myself but I still wasn't sure how it was being used there. Not sure why not knowing caused a stir.

Anyway, the plus side of all this is that people showing their asses makes it easier to ostracize them.
To be blunt, there are people not realizing their own conduct is toxic and problematic. The way the other person handled it(not assuming the worst and giving benefit of doubt) is the way to go imo if we all want to head towards a less volatile and stable and positive direction.

Oct 25, 2017
Was aware of the Gllty stuff but not Floe's. Oh damn.
Hopefully UltraChen will have the same stance on this as they had regarding Infiltration at Evo.

Also good to see ComboBreaker's swift response.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Between this, Chris Bahn's sexual misconduct accusations
Holy shit that's the guy from The Next Level O_o
I knew him decades ago, had no idea he was a piece of shit creep. That feels so weird. But it was so long ago, maybe there were signs I just didn't notice at the time.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
She is posting some weird shit on her twitter

In a good way I suppose

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Was aware of the Gllty stuff but not Floe's. Oh damn.
Hopefully UltraChen will have the same stance on this as they had regarding Infiltration at Evo.

Also good to see ComboBreaker's swift response.
I hope they don't let themselves be too influenced by their friendship with floe. Hell on the show last week where they talked about Infiltration they mentioned being disappointed in not being able to see Floe at that very EVO.

That must be a kick in the pants.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What do people expect from the community that spawned DSP and Low Tier God? There's a toxic culture around it.

Murdamonk

Oct 27, 2017
How does that say most of the allegations were false?
Well, when the rumors first came out.. Didn't the forums said that he choked her and beat her or something? None of that is in the document...

And let make this perfectly clear, I am not saying he is innocent or defending his actions.. But what I am trying to say is.. It is not as bad as the first allegations were..

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I hope they don't let themselves be too influenced by their friendship with floe. Hell on the show last week where they talked about Infiltration they mentioned being disappointed in not being able to see Floe at that very EVO.

That must be a kick in the pants.

They will be. Almost guaranteed. They were extremely light on sketch behavior in the past because they liked the people involved. Go listen to them when the Aris stuff was happening and it was mealy-mouthed and non-committal as hell about shit that was beyond the pale.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, from Chris Bahn's response

EB4E26pVAAAAGW1.jpg%3Alarge

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
They're still fighting game fans though - most of their focus is on FGs and FGC topics. THey've had AMAs with Mike Ross and other FGC figures. Their opinions do reflect on the FGC at large, for better or worse.

Anyway, a number of tournaments have banned Gllty in response to the accusations:

These tournaments and a couple other have also banned Chris Bahn as well. Wouldn't be surprised if similar bans fly for Floe.

It's time for the FGC to start unifying this so stuff like Infiltration at EVO and those players showing up in other scenes, playing other games or at newer tournaments, etc... Isn't an issue going forward.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
UltraDavid just said they aren't doing a show today because James is flying to Germany for a tournament.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Very disappointing to see so many people who have suffered abuse at events they were excited to attend.

Repercussions are one part of the piece. Another is training event staff, venue staff and security, competitors, and the larger community on how to be active bystanders. I hope that these events look at preventative measures, not just punitive actions, to better keep attendees safer. There are examples from music festivals/venues that could be used as a blueprint, and likely organizations centered for sexuality, consent, and bystander training that could help them navigate these issues going forward.

I have some experience in this, from an event management perspective, if anyone thinks there are tournament and event organizers that are particularly ready and serious about possible next steps.

cmChimera

Oct 28, 2017

edit: whew this stream was choppy, probably only watchable as background noise

Thank y'all!

That text conversation is frustrating to read, not only because it's gross, but because it kind of reminds me of conversations I've had with someone I know about the FGC. I try to point out these issues as examples of a problematic environment and it's almost always met with "not everybody" and "it's always gonna happen"

Last edited:

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
UltraDavid just said they aren't doing a show today because James is flying to Germany for a tournament.
Kinda expected, a lot of stuff are still developing and you want to wait before talking about it. Gillty is also a very close friend of Ultra David and he did stood up by her in the past(on way less heinous acts, of course), probably need time to gather thoughts but there's no avoiding this topic.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm innocent but I need to talk to my legal team

Honestly, getting a lawyer with a potentially career (yes, in his case) ending issue is not indicative of guilt or innocence. If you have the means, it's by far the smartest move you could ever make. Especially if you're guilty, but especially if you're innocent, as well.

Not defending anything he is accused of (first I've heard of it just now) but lawyering up is a smart move if you have the means to pay for representation.

Oct 25, 2017
What do people expect from the community that spawned DSP and Low Tier God? There's a toxic culture around it.
LTG literally started as a sensationalist youtuber. You can blame fighting games to spawn him as much as you can blame shit tier journalism and TV - or even youtube itself.
Thank y'all!

That text conversation is frustrating to read, not only because it's gross, but because it kind of reminds me of conversations I've had with someone I know about the FGC. I try to point out these issues as examples of a problematic environment and it's almost always met with "not everybody" and "it's always gonna happen"
I think you have an extra unrelated quote there lol

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, from Chris Bahn's response

EB4E26pVAAAAGW1.jpg%3Alarge
What a week for the FGC, holy crap

The only positive thing I've seen is that "official" aka tournament and team organisers are much better at responding now.

LTG was barely part of any fgc. He went to Wednesday Night Fights a few times and got ridiculed. DSP left like 10 yeards ago.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
As much as people still call him an ass because of his streamer persona or how toxic his community is, As someone who knows him in real life, Aris attitude has changed significantly since back then. He is a different person and it angers me people continue to bring this up. Yes what he did was really shitty and I am not excusing it. But as she has forgiven him and came to his defense multiple times I think people need to stop making character judgement based off of something that happened years ago. People change. That will be my only comment on this, as I shouldn't speak for him other than that.

Anyways, All this stuff happening today in the FGC with harassment is saddening.

It always the same people that bring it up, they are told that both parties have moved on, but choose to ignore it and bring it back up whenever something shitty happens in the FGC.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Well, when the rumors first came out.. Didn't the forums said that he choked her and beat her or something? None of that is in the document...

And let make this perfectly clear, I am not saying he is innocent or defending his actions.. But what I am trying to say is.. It is not as bad as the first allegations were..
That's not what the document says - I can only read the first page but it says they can't reveal what the documents are because of legality in Korea - it notes that both a 15 min recording of an altercation did happen on the 22 Oct 17 and that a medical examination was logged due to those events, the police arrested him and a tempory restraining order was granted. This does not deny the alegations. I'll point out that in South Korea the law for domestic abuse is bias against the victims and abusers can sue for defamation of character if people reveal (even the abuse victim) what they did. The fact he was prosecuted sucessfulkly is telling. And Panda Global have legal reasons not to reveal the full extent of what happened, and they don't seem to deny the original allegation either

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does that say most of the allegations were false?
There were some very large exaggerations added to the original material when it got put out on the web initially that were debunked by the full report. The type of stuff that would have been a instaban for life no questions asked if it were accurate.

Oct 25, 2017
It's time for the FGC to start unifying this so stuff like Infiltration at EVO and those players showing up in other scenes, playing other games or at newer tournaments, etc... Isn't an issue going forward.

I think that is pretty much the case now anyway, look at how the Combo Breaker, CEO and Big E event accounts confirmed their bans against Gilty and Bahn within hours of each other, even using similar wording for their statements. Even if they don't work with each other on events they still have to coordinate at some level. It just happens in private whatsapp groups rather than in a formal advisory body.

There is an argument to be made that there should be an independent group that would be responsible for this kind of thing, one that isn't run by any individual company or events organisation. I think that would introduce a lot of other questions and problems but I would like to think it would help avoid things like this in the future.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What a week for the FGC, holy crap

The only positive thing I've seen is that "official" aka tournament and team organisers are much better at responding now.

LTG was barely part of any fgc. He went to Wednesday Night Fights a few times and got ridiculed. DSP left like 10 yeards ago.
LTG literally started as a sensationalist youtuber. You can blame fighting games to spawn him as much as you can blame shit tier journalism and TV - or even youtube itself.

I think you have an extra unrelated quote there lol
I thought LTG was prominent enough he was chosen to be in a reality TV series about Street fighter tournaments?

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017

Remember how Chris G said all black women suck at video games, didn't apologize for it, and never got any repurcussions for it?

That's why I'm not convinced Infil will ever have to deal with any real fallout past the CPT ban. There's a sizeable contingent of the fgc that's willing to forgive anything if they're good enough players.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
That's really disappointing to hear about Floe, everytime I saw him on streams he seemed likeable. It's fucked up that he tried to rape someone.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question but what does gllty means? People saya that is an innapropriate name considering the acussations against her but I dont understand the play of words