• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
WHY YOU BRINGING UP OLD SHIT FROM 7 YEARS AG...oh

Never mind the fact that you're directly referencing the 7 years ago thing when this is a completely unrelated context, but reacting like this when someone else brings something up makes you look you're just trying to get off of finding some sort of evidence of him making inappropriate jokes.

Well like I said earlier, he still does problematic shit, though absolutely nowhere near the level of how he was on stream around the time of that incident. Anyone that's been following him can clearly vouch for this and it's the reason people, including the victim of said incident, stand up for him.

Since you're clearly just looking for any of said problematic stuff that he still does today, I'll share some of the ones that I'm not a fan of.

- He makes "secret hotdog" jokes that have a transphobic tinge to them.

- He still frequently uses the word "retarded", though he has even dialed that back a bit in recent times.

- He'll sometimes makes a "two dads" joke while he's making fun of someone that donates a shitty message, which has a homophobic tinge.

There's some more stuff here and there, and honestly, I'm sure that's enough for a lot of people on this board to want to shun him, and that's fine. I just don't think he's anywhere near the monster you're making him out to be, and I do think that the way he's been for the past several years is proof of a massive improvement over how he was around the time of that incident. You want an example of how bad he was back then? Here you go:

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Never mind the fact that you're directly referencing the 7 years ago thing when this is a completely unrelated context, but reacting like this when someone else brings something up makes you look you're just trying to get off of finding some sort of evidence of him making inappropriate jokes.

Well like I said earlier, he still does problematic shit, though absolutely nowhere near the level of how he was on stream around the time of that incident. Anyone that's been following him can clearly vouch for this and it's the reason people, including the victim of said incident stand up for him.

Since you're clearly just looking for any of said problematic stuff that he still does today, I'll share some of the ones that I'm not a fan of.

- He makes "secret hotdog" jokes that have a transphobic tinge to them.

- He still frequently uses the word "retarded", though he has even dialed that back a bit in recent times.

- He'll sometimes makes a "two dads" joke while he's making fun of someone that donates a shitty message, which has a homophobic tinge.

There's some more stuff here and there, and honestly, I'm sure that's enough for a lot of people on this board to want to shun him, and that's fine. I just don't think he's anywhere near the monster you're making him out to be, and I do think that the way he's been for the past several years is proof of a massive improvement over how he was around the time of that incident. You want an example of how bad he was back then? Here you go:

My beef with Aris is not simply that he did some fucked up shit years ago, but that he continues to be a toxic asshole who never really had to deal with the consequences of the fucked up shit he did years ago.

Your argument is that he does less fucked up shit than before. Cool fam.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Aris is the kind of guy that would laugh at a donation referencing the "beats my infiltration" joke back around when that happened but will ban a person that donates a sad message about his dying mother and y'all are defending him lol (admittedly I have to imagine most of those are fake).

He's also the kind of guy that regularly jokes saying "did I just say the N word" to his chat.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
The Floe accusations are disheartening. The story is still developing, so we really can't say much more for now.

Please tell me nothing scummy ever came out about Max?

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
These kind of actions happened everywhere and every day it's good now people are talking about it but it's just not about the FGC. It's more about how people act about sexual abuse.
Yeah this routine of era specifically putting it on one singular is an inane way of looking at it. Reality is we have a dirt bag people problem, and the conversation is finally starting to happen far more openly in a social media era. We are learning about the shit heels in sports, movies, tv, gaming, comics, schools, etc.

The FGC like every field of work, entertainment, n community are in dire need of a wake up call and policy adjustment to make safer n more inviting spaces.

And I'd like to give Glit the benefit of the doubt, but way too many people who have had in person conversations with her calling her phony on it.

Floe being garbage isn't remotely shocking.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Floe accusations are disheartening. The story is still developing, so we really can't say much more for now.

A bunch of people canceled Max on the old site because he accidentally said "Nigger Dagger". He's not scummy though. Other than having terrible thumbnails for his youtube vids.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max likes to cool women characters sluts and whores. I think he's tone that down a bit of late, at least I hope so

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
My beef with Aris is not simply that he did some fucked up shit years ago, but that he continues to be a toxic asshole who never really had to deal with the consequences of the fucked up shit he did years ago.

Your argument is that he does less fucked up shit than before. Cool fam.

No, my argument coming into this thread was in response to you claiming that he never apologized about it, which was not only false, but he's someone that's actually improved leaps and bounds over how he used to act. Your response to that was a sarcastic one, so I provided some specific examples while reiterating that I definitely think that there's still problematic shit that he says, and you just keep going with some more sarcastic replies.

As far as consequences, I don't really have much of a comment on that. He wasn't exactly beloved by the public after that incident, but he also didn't have much of a giant platform to lose at the time like he does now. His stream blew up several years after the fact.

I already know you're just going to continue carrying on this silly circle that goes nowhere despite everything that's been talked about, so I'll just leave it with this.

Do I think that Aris has learned and improved himself a great deal from that incident?

Yes.

Do I think he still has a long way to go?

Yes.

Do I believe that he will continue to work toward further improvement?

Yes.

That is all.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I haven't (and wont) done a post count but it feels like more of this thread has been about Aris and Floe than actually Gllty.

The Floe accusations are quite serious but still developing, and the Aris situation was never on the level of these other two, and 7 years ago.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Max likes to cool women characters sluts and whores. I think he's tone that down a bit of late, at least I hope so

He calls everything and thing a slut and/or a whore. People, fighting games, attacks. Though as far as I know he doesn't call girl characters that unless I missed something

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Did gllty say she was stepping down from sfl? If she wasn't then that'd make the whole redemption arc she's trying to claim kinda moot

s y

Nov 8, 2017
how did this thread about a sexual assault accusation go on a tangent about avoidingthepuddle's streams being problematic sometimes? wat

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Pretty scary that this kind of rampant assault and abuse can go on without anyone in the orbit of these victims making note of it and speaking out on their behalf.

Then again, such is the nature of these sorts of situations. Folks afraid of what might happen. Probably doubly so given how rabid and damn near insane some parts of the gaming community can be towards victims of harassment, abuse, discrimination, and racism.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Super disappointing to hear about Chris Bahn. He gave me my start in games writing back when The Next Level was an actual web site, and I followed him to Got Next and even did a little writing for Put That Back. I never got that sense from him, but I'm not going to start disbelieving victims now that it's someone I know. Chris has some explaining to do, and "recovery from the trauma" isn't really high on the list of things I'm concerned about.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because he also sexually assaulted someone? That doesn't seem like much of a tangent in this discussion.

No he didn't. He made sexually offensive comments about someone. This was brought up by Jett for some reason, an event that happened 7 years ago and has nothing to do with this current issue as the one he made those comments to has actively said people shouldn't be attacking him. Yet, here we are.

Like the thread is about someone that actually made multiple unwanted sexual advances on people, physically and verbally and yall wanna bring up Aris from 7 years ago.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Avoidingthepuddle sexually assaulted someone? Since when?

Are you confusing Aris for Ari/Floe?
No he didn't. He made sexually offensive comments about someone. This was brought up by Jett for some reason, an event that happened 7 years ago and has nothing to do with this current issue as the one he made those comments to has actively said people shouldn't be attacking him. Yet, here we are.
Oh, I might be. Sorry, I shouldn't comment when I'm already pretty confused by all the accusations flying around regarding members of the FGC.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Outside that N word trip-up when he was doing his weird rhyming of nonsense words for minutes, not that I'm aware of. He apologized for that immediately after, too. Certainly nothing abuse or assault related.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Super disappointing to hear about Chris Bahn. He gave me my start in games writing back when The Next Level was an actual web site, and I followed him to Got Next and even did a little writing for Put That Back. I never got that sense from him, but I'm not going to start disbelieving victims now that it's someone I know. Chris has some explaining to do, and "recovery from the trauma" isn't really high on the list of things I'm concerned about.
Yeah his apology was....weird.

Oct 25, 2017

Like the thread is about someone that actually made multiple unwanted sexual advances on people, physically and verbally and yall wanna bring up Aris from 7 years ago.

People on this forum refuse to let shit go. I feel like people here straight up do not believe people can learn from their mistakes and change as people.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People on this forum refuse to let shit go. I feel like people here straight up do not believe people can learn from their mistakes and change as people.

It's just as toxic as the behavior they want to rail against. I can't imagine people acting this way in person. I feel like a lot of people here need more real world interaction. Holding on to hate like that is bad for you.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Community Generalization and Dismissing Concerns with Inflammatory False Equivalences; Prior Severe Ban for Sexism
People on this forum refuse to let shit go.

ERA can (I would say just straight up is) sadly be just as bad as the people they are criticizing and making fun of more often than not, without even realizing it.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
=-000
Outside that N word trip-up when he was doing his weird rhyming of nonsense words for minutes, not that I'm aware of. He apologized for that immediately after, too. Certainly nothing abuse or assault related.

The Chinger Changer incident was clearly a slip of the tongue with no malice, forethought, or intent. The people who would hold that against him are either profoundly stupid, or have a knowingly disingenuous agenda against him.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Chinger Changer incident was clearly a slip of the tongue with no malice, forethought, or intent. The people who would hold that against him are either profoundly stupid, or have a knowingly disingenuous agenda against him.
Absolutely seemed like some overly vindictive people were out for him on that one, yeah.
There's actually a better one here. Still not impressed it happened in the first place, though.

Ah I see, thanks for the update.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Community Generalization and Dismissing Concerns with Inflammatory False Equivalences
ERA can (I would say just straight up is) sadly be just as bad as the people they are criticizing and making fun of more often than not, without even realizing it.
Nah fuck that, forum is wildly delusional of how toxic it is. Has been since the gaf days.

pauloshinobi

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Didn't Panda Gaming released a post showing that Infiltration was proven innocent or something like that? Anyone knows something about it?

Granted that South Korea's laws aren't that great for women in the first place....

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Didn't Panda Gaming released a post showing that Infiltration was proven innocent or something like that? Anyone knows something about it?

Granted that South Korea's laws aren't that great for women in the first place....
The investigation showed the initial account that was posted online had falsifications. There was a domestic incident and he did, I believe, not contest the charges and paid a fine. Though I believe that was done under lawyer direction since the penalty was low. As far as I'm aware there is proof there was a verbal altercation and his ex-wife had a bruised wrist.

I believe someone posted a link to the summary earlier in the thread.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Someone on reddit mentioned that Floe was definitely not on his scooter at the time of the Red Bull After Party, nor has any of his friends used that as a defense specifically for the after party, so this probably doesn't check out.

We'll see what he says but going "she's mentally unwell!" right out of the gate is literally what Evilore pulled
He definitely was as there are pictures of him at the party with the scooter. But anyway, we'll see how this develops.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He definitely was as there are pictures of him at the party with the scooter. But anyway, we'll see how this develops.

Which as a side note, it made me sad to hear that his obesity had got to the point that he had become more or less disabled. At this point, he should consider a number of procedures just to relieve some of the strain he's putting on his body as soon as possible. I'm not gonna hassle anybody for their lifestyle choices, but if it's gotten that far, then the fun is over.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
If Chris Bahn gets hit with the ban so should Gilty. There is no coming back from that. This is not the place to get into specifics.

Aris has done his part to correct his wrongdoings. He is still an idiot here and there and deserves to get kicked in the nuts now and then but he is a far cry from his younger self.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If Chris Bahn gets hit with the ban so should Gilty. There is no coming back from that. This is not the place to get into specifics.

Aris has done his part to correct his wrongdoings. He is still an idiot here and there and deserves to get kicked in the nuts now and then but he is a far cry from his younger self.
Gllty has already been banned from multiple tounaments today.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Rumours circulating now that gllty has used drugs now on numerous girls to achieve more than just "touching"? Idk if I trust it 100% because it comes from the On Blast show but jeez

SCJoe

Nov 8, 2017
wow, crazy stuff going on in the FGC. A purge might happen whether they like it or not once Riot gets involved.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Aris was doing homophobic jokes about me on his stream earlier this year, at a time when I was considering coming out as trans. It really wasn't cool.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Aris was doing homophobic jokes about me on his stream earlier this year, at a time when I was considering coming out as trans. It really wasn't cool.
Sorry to hear you go through that. I avoid Aris' streams because I find the general community around him intolerable but I took the defenses towards him not being bad himself that always spring up at face value (see: several in this very thread), but fuuuck that.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Remember Aris? What responsibility did the community take then? His sexual harassment was captured live on stream. It went on for hours. Capcom didn't even fire him from the show.

hje31z9bhln01.png

At this point it's looking like the FGC is a den of scumbags. Watch how a bunch of people will rush to defend this guy now.

I had no idea Aris did this. WOW. Same goes for Floe... I had no idea

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Transphobic Trolling; Prior Ban for Transphobia
Was this Gllt born male or female?