• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

squeaky

Oct 26, 2017
This is false.

He actually was interviewed on some esports podcast a year or two ago and it was the first time that he went in depth on the topic since his initial apology. I just can't remember the name of the channel for the life of me. Hopefully someone else does.

Even without that context though, as someone that has followed his streams since even before that incident, he has clearly shown growth. He definitely still has problematic aspects, but he also is quick to verbally shut down a lot of people that try to be funny with their wack jokes in the chat and through his donations. I honestly think a lot of those weird mother fuckers just get off on him roasting them for their shitty behavior.

I'm not gonna say that anyone must forgive him for that incident. That's your own prerogative. But I will say that claiming that he never apologized, or that he never learned from his mistakes and improved his behavior is simply false.

dot eSports?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMxgGskkec4

Yeah, I remembered Aris did this after following his stream. I looked up the situation and what unfolded after, and found this as well. Personally, I think he's changed for sure. There's a huge, huge difference in his stream behavior from years ago (when he streamed Tekken Tag Tournament 2) and now.

EDIT:
Aris was doing homophobic jokes about me on his stream earlier this year, at a time when I was considering coming out as trans. It really wasn't cool.

Man, that sucks. I kinda thought he was less bigoted than that since he was jabbing at Fergus (while Fergus was in chat laughing it up along with him) about the handshake mix-up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does it say about me that I always assume the assaulter is a man, especially in a gaming context?

When we hear about toxicity in gaming it's almost always men who are the perpetrators of that behavior. I'm always surprised to hear about women acting that way, especially towards other women considering that everyone knows how much shit women get from gamers.
Oftentimes victims of abuse pay that abuse forward instead of processing it in a healthy way. in her tweets gllty said she's been a victim in the past, so maybe that's at play here. That's pure speculation, mind you. But yeah in a scene that's like 99% men it's no surprise that most predators are men (and men are of course statistically more likely to be sex pests).

Was this Gllt born male or female?

You do not want to pursue this line of questioning or train of thought. what the fuck man

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Aris was doing homophobic jokes about me on his stream earlier this year, at a time when I was considering coming out as trans. It really wasn't cool.
I know a ton of FGC forgave him for the SFxT stuff but eveytime I'd hear him since it was always borderline. Doesn't surprise me he's garbage. I'm glad you're out there being you, 16 Bit. You're the best part of Kombat Kast.

Also crazy that Chris Bahn is Bahn from TNL. That was my first forum.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I mean, it's a good response but there are people saying she did it literally just before EVO. I don't really buy that she's "learning and growing" after such little time

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Lol.

Oh wait, you're serious ? Because a lot of people have been talking about Gllty behavior for years now. I don't believer her "apologies" at all. Lifetime ban for her is all i want.
Saying "Don't defend my actions, I confess to doing all of this and acknowledge they are shitty" to fans who might want to come to her defense (as fans are prone to do) and "I'm gonna exit the scene" are about as good a response as you can hope for for a public outing that finally seems to be getting some traction, assuming she goes through with it all. She might've been doing it for a long time but now that it seems to be blowing up, this is about as decent a response as we can expect from a shitty situation like this. She doesn't shift the blame, doesn't try to downplay what she has done, doesn't go all "sorry if you were offended" or "I was just messing around, Y U all so serious?"

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Sorry you had to go through this. Twitch chats in general are absolutely unbearable so when they're encouraged by big streamers it's really sad.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it shouldnt surprise anyone that Aris is a bigoted piece of shit. He filters himself relatively better than in the past but his comments are still always tinged with a little more "something" and his community is indicative of that.

Unfortunately most of them will hide behind the "its just a joke" tagline because theyre simply to smooth brained or callous to understand how those "jokes" affect others.

MILKGOLOLBAD

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 5, 2019
Not surprised given all the rumors and talks about her behavior. But also, WHY THE FUCK WAS INFILTRATION ALLOWED BACK?
All of these creeps need to be perma banned from all of these events.
I think the reasoning is probably that the predatory behaviour is harming the players and the integrity of the tournament in question as it's where the predators operate, whereas the abusers operate outside the confines of the tournament. At least that's how it sort of makes sense? I am all for banning domestic abusers but I have an honest question here - where do you draw the line between a bannable offense and something that is not grounds for a ban?

lake

Oct 27, 2017
I guess that JusDoIt is referring to the Chris T and brenttiscool Twitter stuff.

I saw it on this site earlier this week.
Thanks. So the term to search for was "old man fgc chat".

Here are some (all?) of the screencaps in question. Click through for more caps:

Context for above thread's chat caps:

As a bonus ran into some related (in that it's misogynistic, and racist) 2017 asshattery from Chris G as well:

wsbceo

alt account
Banned
Apr 29, 2019
• Assaulting Giefkid on camera

• Scalping Daigo's book by buying several copies, asking him to sign them, and then selling them for $1000 each

• Asking for $1000 to go on a "date" as a donation bonus (which was, obviously, never achieved)

• Claimed to "live" in Japan but it was actually just an extended AirBnB stay

The whole FGC needs a big reboot. Put and keep Arslan Ash in the spotlight. He's the hero we need.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019

Sadly I know more than a few people who act like this.

Henny is slang for Hennessy, a brand of cognac.

Tampa Bison is implying people are getting "drunk" off all this MeToo stuff, seemingly implying it's a bad thing that it's happening at all.

(Don't worry I had to look that up too I had no idea what the fuck it meant)

Why people getting their brain stems all caught up just because someone's asking what slang means? Wouldn't have caught what that means even if I did look it up, thanks.

I'm innocent but I need to talk to my legal team

Seeking legal counsel is not an admission of guilt, that's literally the first thing you get told lmao

Oct 25, 2017

Have you spoken with him about it since then? I don't mean to push the responsibility onto you but it might be worthwhile.

-edit-

Just wanted to make it clear that it shouldn't be on you to seek an apology from someone who made you feel that way.

Last edited:

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow this scene at all but every now and then controversies similar to this seem to sprout up and it's shameful to see people defending or dismissing things that are either outright admitted, recorded on camera, or reported by multiple accounts.

None of the things these players have been accused of are defensible in any form.

To me, gllty's apology seems genuine enough and I hope she's able to better herself from this moment onward, but just like she said and I paraphrase: if you are defending her (or any of the other people who acted in a similar, or worse, manner) you should question yourself as to why.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
It's impossible to defend Aris' constant need to joke about Grindr, people in chat being gay or having two dads as parents. He never takes it further than that, but the prevalence of these jokes is reason enough to be disappointed. I also wish someone told him that 'oriental' isn't a word anyone should be using anymore.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
The dark side of gaming.
The dark side of humanity.

I hope the victims can find the strength to continue to live on peacefully and the perpetrators to stop their shit and learn from their mistakes immensely.

Personally I have done minor stupid shit when tipsy in the club and only next few days have I heard what kind of impact that can have.

So I apologise to all the women whose booty I touched or when I have been too handsy.

Some women don't mind the attention, some hate it and some don't like it at all but are afraid to speak up. So I am sorry! ❤️

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The dark side of gaming.
The dark side of humanity.

I hope the victims can find the strength to continue to live on peacefully and the perpetrators to stop their shit and learn from their mistakes immensely.

Personally I have done minor stupid shit when tipsy in the club and only next few days have I heard what kind of impact that can have.

So I apologise to all the women whose booty I touched or when I have been too handsy.

Some women don't mind the attention, some hate it and some don't like it at all but are afraid to speak up. So I am sorry! ❤
It's cool that you want to apologize and all, but it's highly unlikely the women you got too handsy with and touched inappropriately are going to be browsing this forum or even know who you are. It would mean more if you apologized to the actual people you wronged, not just a broad apology to strangers on Era.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said earlier before his shooters piled on me. First he doubled down and only buckled because of the pressure. His stream kinda blew up so he's gotta keep a facade but I'm definitely not giving dude the benefit of the doubt.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
It's cool that you want to apologize and all, but it's highly unlikely the women you got too handsy with and touched inappropriately are going to be browsing this forum or even know who you are. It would mean more if you apologized to the actual people you wronged, not just a broad apology to strangers on Era.
lol like I haven't done that as well? Well I have. I am just apologizing in the general sense and also telling anyone who might be interested to hear that I was completely oblivious of the fact my behaviour was inappropiate. I was ignorant and young(er).

I ain't doing this for brownie points. I'm sitting here trying to be positive for a change and someone has to be negative nancy. 👍🏼

Oct 28, 2017
I don't follow this scene at all but every now and then controversies similar to this seem to sprout up and it's shameful to see people defending or dismissing things that are either outright admitted, recorded on camera, or reported by multiple accounts.

None of the things these players have been accused of are defensible in any form.

To me, gllty's apology seems genuine enough and I hope she's able to better herself from this moment onward, but just like she said and I paraphrase: if you are defending her (or any of the other people who acted in a similar, or worse, manner) you should question yourself as to why.

Nobody is defending Gllty, nor is it likely that they will. Gllty has long been known for her bad behaviour in the FGC. She also has a habit of apologising and then immediately doubling down on the same behaviour.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, I saw some of that live as it happened. Any time anyone does or says something in an even remotely awkward way, he definitely goes way too hard. Sometimes people are cool with it and go along with the joke, like the Fergus handshake thing.

The jabs at you were definitely more aggressive though. That whole "bodying each other in bed" thing became a dumb chat meme for a while.

Shit was wack as fuck and not cool.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
They will likely shuffle the to the next runner up, which would be Emezie.
3v065Kq.jpg

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody is defending Gllty, nor is it likely that they will. Gllty has long been known for her bad behaviour in the FGC. She also has a habit of apologising and then immediately doubling down on the same behaviour.
Unfortunately it's impossible to tell if someone who knows how to make a good apology is actually remorseful or just a sociopath a few steps ahead of the others

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Human beings with power, take advantage of those without. This is becoming more and more apparent from every facet of society especially 'celebrities.'

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've noticed he still makes gross homophobic jokes and always tries to push the limits of what he can get away with, which I've never been comfortable with.

Do I think Aris has probably made some self-improvement since 2013? Yeah, I can concede to that. Do I think he still gets away with some really shitty jokes that people handwave away because people love him? Absolutely.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
I was in Japan in May of this year, and randomly while walking around Shibuya I saw Gllty. I was going to stop her and say hi just from knowing her from watching Street Fighter tournaments but I didn't bother. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I saw some of that live as it happened. Any time anyone does or says something in an even remotely awkward way, he definitely goes way too hard. Sometimes people are cool with it and go along with the joke, like the Fergus handshake thing.

The jabs at you were definitely more aggressive though. That whole "bodying each other in bed" thing became a dumb chat meme for a while.

Shit was wack as fuck and not cool.

I kind of wonder how he felt when he found out I actually am queer. I haven't seen any of his content since then, so IDK if he toned it down, went in harder, or what. I'd like to think he realized it was messed up and stopped?

Internet culture is just brutal in the FGC, and I hate the take that "it's not the real FGC". I used to enjoy going to FGC spaces and seeing what people are saying about the game and I basically just can't anymore. The risk I'm going to feel like crap at what I read is too high.