• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Of course before a character release, there is the server maintenance.

Of course to season 3 pass buyers, you should be able to use the characters when the patch downloads before the servers are live again.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
SAGAT
It crazy, he's so big, it almost makes his hands and feet look normal in scale.

I love me some Lincoln also but G looks dumb from a design standpoint. He looks really cool to play though so I'll bit and hope for better costumes.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
There's quite a bit of lore behind G, & Rashid is associated with him.
G, the Man of Mystery, is perhaps the most elusive character to be added to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. As the self-proclaimed "President of the World," he suddenly appeared vowing to unite the citizens of Earth under his name. Although he is initially ignored, Rashid agrees with G's cause and sets off to spread his message. Who is G? Are these his true intentions? Is G even human? There's much more to him than meets the eye…
Either there's gonna be another Cinematic Story Mode before the end of Season 5 or they're already setting the stage for Street Fighter VI's story.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best announcement at EVO this year. So much so LI Joe ran away due to the hype overload.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV

Either there's gonna be another Cinematic Story Mode before the end of Season 5 or they're already setting the stage for Street Fighter VI's story.
No need for SFVI for a long time. Just keep updating SFV with new character and balance adjustments and story modes I can see this game lasting a very VERY long time.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
No need for SFVI for a long time. Just keep updating SFV with new character and balance adjustments and story modes I can see this game lasting a very VERY long time.
I mean, SFV is supposed to get support until the end of 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom wanted to move on to SFVI after Season 5 is done, especially with SFV being locked to Sony consoles (PC aside).

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I could see a new story mode. What I want is for more SF3 characters and then they actually just do SF3's story. No way they will do that though.

It'll most likely be just a side story of some sorts with all the add characters past season 1, if anything.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
I mean, SFV is supposed to get support until the end of 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom wanted to move on to SFVI after Season 5 is done, especially with SFV being locked to Sony consoles (PC aside).
I forgot that Capcom already gave SFV an end date. Disappointing, really. I can see this game lasting through 3-4 more years if they keep at this pace. But yeah, being locked to Sony certainly handicaps them so i can see the financial incentive to move on. Still, I couldn't imagine having to start all over again after working so hard to build this whole infrastructure up. When SFIV was done, it already felt done. This is a little different as there's so much more that the game has to offer each season.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I forgot that Capcom already gave SFV an end date. Disappointing, really. I can see this game lasting through 3-4 more years if they keep at this pace. But yeah, being locked to Sony certainly handicaps them so i can see the financial incentive to move on. Still, I couldn't imagine having to start all over again after working so hard to build this whole infrastructure up. When SFIV was done, it already felt done. This is a little different as there's so much more that the game has to offer each season.
Capcom only said at least until the end of 2020. Capcom left themselves room to extend support if they wanted to.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
gameplay wise sagat looks slow, which kinda puts me off
g looks more interesting as of now

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
President of the World Government
world_government_flag_by_sunuvmann.png

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Sagat looks fantastic, I really dig his new costume. G is meh to be honest.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Sagat in and looking good. He should balance out some of the other characters in the game.

G looks like a pretty generic SF5 character. Same old moves blending all into one.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Much better showcase than last year's EVO where it was Abigail shown, or even the last character reveal (Cody) where the release date was a month later.

Sagat looks to have the same moveset, which I didn't expect thinking they would lock his projectiles behind a V-Trigger.
G is not what I expected, I thought he'd be more of a big body heavy hitter. He's weird and stylish, which I suppose fits the game's silly nature.
Overall a nice way to round out a pretty lackluster seasons.

Fierro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I find it hilarious everyone thought Abigail would be a bore but look at him now.

Buying Sagat tomorrow lol

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow? Jesus Christ, did not expect that. Not that it's needed but is there now a chance Capcom may release extra characters before the year is out? I remember there being a rumour that character drops this year would not end at G and Sagat.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have the game but why is one of the originals just being released as playable?
The game launched with a mix of Staples like Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, older more obscure characters like R Mika and Nash and new characters like Necali and Laura. As a result some characters are released later as DLC.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
4 months until Cap Cup. Wonder if we'll get any suprise characters. Like the Q and Oro rumor a while back... I know it's not a lot supporting that rumor but 4 months is a long time with nothing added other than stages and costumes.

Also no grapplers this season?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the game but why is one of the originals just being released as playable?
They were holding Sagat back just to spite you! :P

The real answer is that they simply have prioritized other characters. Honda, T.Hawk and Fei Long aren't in the game either.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Bought Rev 2 earlier today because of the hype, the Saiyans will be arriving later this week and both, G and Sagat, will be out tomorrow. What a week man! What a week! And there's the Smash direct too!

C++

Banned
Aug 2, 2018
Bought arcade edition deluxe i hope not gonna regret been while since i played this

Status
Not open for further replies.