• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if G is a charge or motion character yet? I imagine he's motions, because his combo potential looks wacky, but you can never be to sure.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
He's a dude who wants to reunite the continents so he can be president of the earth while making force fields, using magma powers, buffing himself via a "presidentiality" mechanic while sporting an Abe Lincoln/Uncle Sam look complete with the " I want you" point for a super. Sounds like you don't wanna have fun :p
I like outlandish and over the top designs and characters. My favorite Street Fighter characters are usually the freaks(Necro, Oro, Dhalsim, Q, Hakan) but G just looks ugly and stupid to me.

Oct 27, 2017
I get that some people like the G's trailer theme better, but honestly that I think it could get a little bit grating on repeat.

He's motion, I'll try to dig up his movelist.

EDIT: Here it is https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/g/movelist

Cheers

Edit: That movelist is Q as fuck. Need to mod that really good Q model that was hanging around in the early days over him.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cheers

Edit: That movelist is Q as fuck. Need to mod that really good Q model that was hanging around in the early days over him.
The-Man-In-The-Iron-Mask.png

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
I love G, my crackpot theory is that gold is slowly spreading over his body making him entirely metal, which is what causes him to become Q.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
G default costume is shit. Q costume is gonna be the most popular. No one wants to play as Uncle Sam/Abe Lincoln

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Sagat really cancel Ryu's super with v-trigger fire balls. Dear lord Ryu is ass

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Does Sagat still have his standing anti-air heavy-kick? That's my favorite button in all of SF

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Man, after how "meh" the first half of the S3 characters were, it seems like Capcom really brought it with the last half

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping the season 3 pass will go on sale now that every characters are out.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
There could be a whole Alphabet of aliens.
It seems unlikely they would add both characters. Maybe if they were shotos....

Do you think Haggar is off the table because Cody wears his pants? Or Hugo with Abigail? There's Charlie(Guile) and (Shotos) Akuma also.
No, but as many people are saying there seems to be some similarity between Q and G in terms of moveset. Haggar and Cody, not so much.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
I like the look of G, but I'm also sad it means Q is now off the table for inclusion.

Do you think Haggar is off the table because Cody wears his pants? Or Hugo with Abigail? There's Charlie(Guile) and (Shotos) Akuma also.

With that said, the game looks great, i just wish they fix the input delay and change the current bs meta. I'd love to see Dudley in this game, these characters move beautifully and he would look so wonderful in this game.

Lets see Q, Oro, Necro now.

And 2019... Haggar, Hugo Sodom. Final Fight anniversary believe.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
G looks complex to master, but good in certain MU like against the zoners.
I love Sagat having his kara-specials back, well at least the knee and the uppercut, I doubt he can kara cancel his shots.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...eet-fighter-v-arcade-edition-roster-tomorrow/
Who is G? Are these his true intentions? Is G even human? There's much more to him than meets the eye…

Lore predictions:
  • G is one of 26 extraterrestrials sent to Earth on a secret mission, along with Q
  • The aliens communicate with each other telepathically
  • G adopts the guise of a charismatic social media-savvy politician to play into Earth's modern sensibilities and gain the peoples' trust
  • G's natural form is completely hairless with gold skin
  • The group's motivations will remain a mystery
The alien angle makes sense with Q's bizarre skeleton and the ripoff X-Files agents.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...eet-fighter-v-arcade-edition-roster-tomorrow/

Lore predictions:
  • G is one of 26 extraterrestrials sent to Earth on a secret mission, along with Q
  • The aliens communicate with each other telepathically
  • G adopts the guise of a charismatic social media-savvy politician to play into Earth's modern sensibilities and gain the peoples' trust
  • G's natural form is completely hairless with gold skin
  • The group's motivations will remain a mystery
The alien angle makes sense with Q's bizarre skeleton and the ripoff X-Files agents.

Don't we know Q is a robot tho?

I still stand by the fact that Q appearing in Shinji Mikami's All robot deck in "Snk vs Capcom Card Fighter Clash" is all the evidence we need.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Downloading the update now. 13GB, goddamn I'm glad this is the last one of these until next year

Status
Not open for further replies.