• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
FUCKING WHAT?!

G looks so sick.

I've been sitting on 500k fight money for so long, I think I'm buying these two.

Deleted member 35446

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2017
...I'm not feeling Sagat at all.

Everything he's doing looks clumsy. Tiger knee looks like he's dancing/marching like a little school girl. I also don't see his low step kick. His dialogue/VA is making me cringe.

This is a REMARKABLE downgrade from SF4 Sagat. That man had swag. I don't see how any Sagat main could feel positive about this tbh...

This is the benchmark:

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Print-GQ-6Dec17_b.jpg

GQ, huh? Wonder what the story ell be between the two?

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
What I love about Sagat, and it tells me that Capcom absolutely gets it, is how traditional he is. SFV has been remastering and remaking characters in new gimmicks this whole time and while I think it's brought new life to a lot of characters, there is a sense of "can I just have that old thing..." some of the time.

I really, really wanted Sagat's classic gameplay in the game. I didn't want him to be a new Sagat with different functions for the sake of fresh design. I wanted a big powerhouse zoner with giant roundhouses and tiger minefields.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
G and Q are robots/androids/whatever. Q is an advanced model of G.

I'm probably 100% wrong.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i wonder how g's vskill is gonna work with menats anti airs. he should be able to absorb the orb right? that is going to be annoying to deal with if it does work as i imagine it does lol

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy MFer I didn't expect Sagat until November. Awww shit I was pacing my FM for then, gotta grind now.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
This G guy looks like absolute trash. Couldn't last more than 10 seconds of watching the gameplay. Can't believe people seem hyped for that.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
...I'm not feeling Sagat at all.

Everything he's doing looks clumsy. Tiger knee looks like he's dancing/marching like a little school girl. I also don't see his low step kick. His dialogue/VA is making me cringe.

This is a REMARKABLE downgrade from SF4 Sagat. That man had swag. I don't see how any Sagat main could feel positive about this tbh...

This is the benchmark:

He looks tight, I don't even see what in the hell you are even talking about

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Sagat looks hype but man, G most likely being Q really bums me out. I always wanted to know more about Q but G completely falls flat for me (not talking gameplay wise obviously).

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That Tiger Shot spam is giving me traumatic flashbacks.

So I guess Tiger Charge just turns him into vanilla SF4 Sagat?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Well, when I woke up today I didn't expect that we would be getting both characters today!

This is awesome, so glad I got the season pass.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
An instant reveal + release for G, I was almost expecting it. Now, for both characters? Amazing move by Capcom. They've been performing incredibly for quite some time already.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Both trailers were good. Easily being the best season 3 trailers. I look forward to trying out both. Im more particularly on the side of wanting to play G more as ive never played Sagat long in any Street Fighter game up till now and I can't imagine that changing now really.

Also, the Sagat stage is awesome. Bout time we got another one. Need more!!

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Sagat looks good. I'm going to try him out since he fits my style. I probably won't play G much if at all but I found him to be the far more interesting character. Unlike Falke or other new characters, I was really impressed by what I saw from him.

I'm glad they're both out by now, especially Sagat who was supposed to be the last character. Now if someone wants to pick him up, they have time to really do damage with him. Before nobody was going to switch to Urien or Zeku with only 1 month left before Capcom Cup. Give someone like Bonchan 4 months with Sagat before Capcom Cup, he might actually make the switch if Sagat is good or at least decent.

Alchemist

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're both out by now, especially Sagat who was supposed to be the last character. Now if someone wants to pick him up, they have time to really do damage with him. Before nobody was going to switch to Urien or Zeku with only 1 month left before Capcom Cup. Give someone like Bonchan 4 months with Sagat before Capcom Cup, he might actually make the switch if Sagat is good or at least decent.

It's already happening

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Sagat looks good. I'm going to try him out since he fits my style. I probably won't play G much if at all but I found him to be the far more interesting character. Unlike Falke or other new characters, I was really impressed by what I saw from him.

Bonchan IS Sagat. He's gonna play him for a long time no matter what.

Deleted member 3853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought a new stick yesterday morning and figured I'd main a new character to get back into the game. Sagat looking sick so I think I'll go with him instead of anybody else I was leaning towards. Good timing.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck you Capcom you had 1 dope track with the G trailer song and you wouldn't put it in game. Instead we have to endure Ed's rap theme

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Man with all these dumb (to me) characters I'm totally itching for a SFVI that takes the SF3 route in terms of cast :o(

Sagat is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.