• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019

SFV's animations already have received plenty of praise for being so extra, but with Seth they went above and beyond.

OP
OP

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
DARKSTALKERS ARE NOT DEAD LMAO
tumblr_p5egmxkxHF1thxue9o2_r1_500.gif

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
that ain't just any Dio punch when seth succs another seth

that's the donut maker, seth kakyoins 'em

edit: it's a different move and I am a fool

Last edited:

Weeaboom

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
This is beautiful. God I loved playing JoJo's back in the day. Capcom translated the manga so well

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

If Seth really is the final SFV character, they seem to be doing a good job of being a solid send-off with their animations & reference. Hopefully they're as fun to play as they look.

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty dope and it makes me think that the Dreamcast had some really good games based on anime/manga.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Record of Lodoss War, Berzerk: Guts' Rage...I didn't even know those last two were based on Japanese comics until well after I played them.

It's cool to see a shout-out to Jojo in this game.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
It really does!

Imagine the sub stories but they are more like stand encounters instead. Could be really cool.
be funny if they went real wacky with the side stories and included characters from other Parts
after years of grueling physical therapy recovering from getting shot in the head by his own magic bullets, Hol Horse takes a relaxing vacation to japan and gets the shit kicked out of him by a gang of school kids

Oct 27, 2017
It makes me wonder if DS will ever return. SF5 had so many references to it with all the skins and now Seth having actual moves from it.
I would prefer they do DS before a SF6 (no need to rush 6 out, give DS a couple of years and then release SF6).

be funny if they went real wacky with the side stories and included characters from other Parts
after years of grueling physical therapy recovering from getting shot in the head by his own magic bullets, Hol Horse takes a relaxing vacation to japan and gets the shit kicked out of him by a gang of school kids
Agreed.

Even cooler if they worked with Araki to make a new Jojo protagonist (cause then they can give each Jojo equal story moments unlike EoH where Jotaro became the "main character"'') and created something similiar to how FOTNS Lost Paradise was. Include tons of bosses/characters and rearange them into different roles. Something like Eyes of Heaven but better executed could be really cool.

Base it in Morioh, find some excuse to merge all the parts into the game due to some stand bullshit and it would be awesome.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
This is all blatantly fake. No one would remember that Demitri is the main character of Darkstalkers, least of all Capcom.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The fact that Seth's actual body doesn't seem to be doing any punching while the punching happens points at it being JoJo, I'd think.

I personaly only played like 10 minutes of the capcom jojo game, but i think that if there was a standing multiple punches jojo stand thing the person making the game would have use that instead of E Honda.

Since this makes me think the game only has a running rushdown punch than asura is the person to go for just standing still and having multiple punches coming from your back

all i am saying is that honda must go =P

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
Did the video start by showing what's clearly a nod to Capcom vs. SNK 2's M. Bison's A-groove combo and not actually mention it?

Edit: Rewatching it I realize it was the ball moving move that they mention in the video (but not in the context of CvS2 Bison for good reason).

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I personaly only played like 10 minutes of the capcom jojo game, but i think that if there was a standing multiple punches jojo stand thing the person making the game would have use that instead of E Honda.
It's Jotaro's quarter circle forward move.

Incidently, wasn't this Jiren's deal? He's punching so fast he doesn't look like he's moving at all?
Yeah, Jiren had that too, but it had a big focus on his big Grey alien eyes.

May 21, 2018
Seth's redesign (Sethette, Sethanie, etc) is a huge upgrade. The Doll Unit body is marvelous... but its gameplay appears to be most interesting.

This will be the character that brings me all the way back to SFV (within the near future).

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the wryyyyy in the thumbnail but not the video, mmmm.

He should have had the roadrolla but with a different vehicle hahaha

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Can't watch the vid, but did they figure out where the spinning kick special came from?