• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
I just noticed that Shadow Complex Remastered downloaded an update on my PS5 and lo and behold, it works!

Thanks chair and Epic Games! Take one game off of the backward compatibility list!

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
That's great! I don't even think there was a huge outcry about it not working, so very pro-consumer move.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
EDIT: I got my answer so thank you to everyone.

Did this game have a super alt-right/racist/homophobic/all of the above creator or am I remembering something else? I feel like it's ringing a bell but I'm not sure.

I can't really look it up at the moment so I'm relying on ERA.

Last edited:

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Did this game have a super alt-right/racist/homophobic/all of the above creator or am I remembering something else? I feel like it's ringing a bell but I'm not sure.

You are remembering right. Orson Scott Card. Edit: Not game creator tho, I think the game was based on a property of his.

On a side note - it always baffles me how Chair Entertainment just seemingly completely faded away.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain

It's based on a novel by mormon author, and conservative (pro-life, homophobic, religious) all around loony, Orson Scott Card.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Pretty cool. Always wanted to play this but it was never on PS3 and it was too pricey on PS4 when it came out. Waiting for a sale like Mark of the Ninja.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

I think the Mustards wrote the game/lore but licensed the IP to OSC to write the tie-in novel? I dont think he had a hand in the actual creation of the game

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
Ffs I just beat this on PS4 for no apparent reason since it was the only game that I own that I haven't completed on the list of PS4 games that won't work on PS5.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
You are remembering right. Orson Scott Card. Edit: Not game creator tho, I think the game was based on a property of his.

On a side note - it always baffles me how Chair Entertainment just seemingly completely faded away.

Pretty sure Chair was 100% absorbed into Epic. Donald Mustard is a Creative Director for Epic now.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It's based in a world of books that was made by Orson Scott Card, but he himself has no association with the development and writing of the game.

So he receives none of the money from a purchase?

It's based on a novel by mormon author, and conservative (pro-life, homophobic, religious) all around loony, Orson Scott Card.
I think the Mustards wrote the game/lore but licensed the IP to OSC to write the tie-in novel? I dont think he had a hand in the actual creation of the game

Thanks! I thought so - I love Metroidvanias but I don't wanna give him any of my money if he's involved because he may catch the gay from me.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
That's nice! That was the only game on the list that made me think it was a bummer.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I thought so - I love Metroidvanias but I don't wanna give him any of my money if he's involved because he may catch the gay from me.

Practically zero chance of that. Again he has no ownership or stake in the game or IP, he just wrote a tie in novel. 70% of your money is going to Epic and 30% is going to Sony

Also, the game isn't based on the novel by OSC like some here are saying. He just released the novel first because it probably takes him 20 minutes to shit out one of his terrible books and the game came out later

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Practically zero chance of that. Again he has no ownership or stake in the game or IP, he just wrote a tie in novel. 70% of your money is going to Epic and 30% is going to Sony

Hey, I'd rather be sure first. Contracts are dumb and messy and I hate them (I work with them through my job daily). I try my best to limit my money conceived of homosexual sin making its way into the pants of someone so afraid of our very existence.

I'll look into it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I'd rather be sure first. Contracts are dumb and messy and I hate them (I work with them through my job daily). I try my best to limit my money conceived of homosexual sin making its way into the pants of someone so afraid of our very existence.

I'll look into it.

Yeah I felt the same way after hearing about it, which led me to check on it. No way to be 100% sure obviously, but its extremely unlikely

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I bought the game full-pricee a month ago just to play it on the PS4 before I sold the console... If I knew it was gonna be patched I'd have waited for a sale

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, I bought the game full-pricee a month ago just to play it on the PS4 before I sold the console... If I knew it was gonna be patched I'd have waited for a sale

Their evil plan worked! /s

This is great news, does anyone know if frame rate got unlocked or anything "extra"? (not sure whether it as locked in first place)

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I found it weird that it didn't work in the first place. Only played the demo on 360 super long ago, one day ill scoop this up.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is great news, and I own the game practically everywhere but Playstation. Shadow Complex is a good game.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes, the game written by Orson Scott Card, and sequel to his book empire where...
A radical leftist army calling itself the Progressive Restoration takes over New York City and declares itself the rightful government of the United States.

I mean, let's be real, Shadow Complex is a sequel to a far-right reactionary story written by a far right reactionary author.

Oct 26, 2017
I remember loving it, but I probably won't ever get back to it. Shame about the OSC connection, but it's not like the game has much of a story anyway, it's fairly generic.