• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
comment_1582706239rKmrjOS8qpXQuohSzXZBHe.jpg

Saw the advert at one of the Polish gaming sites.

Never played SoT, so I would love it to be true.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Is Sony trying to make SotC look even more GOAT by including Sonic forces or what?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Played SotC on the PS3, might finish it again on the Pro.
I have Sonic Forces, and let me just say that, if true, the reaction to the game from Plus subscribers isn't gonna be good...

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
A fantastic remake of one of the greatest games of all time......and a modern Sonic game.
I mean overall that makes it a great month really doesn't it,lol.

Nov 8, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus, my #2 of all time. Fantastic month if that's the case, even if a trash Sonic game is in the mix.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be opposed to that, though for Sonic it is probably more a morbid curiosity.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
is sonic forces in the so bad its good territory? lol

Anyway nothing for me as I already own SOTC on PS4, awesome remake though.

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
yikes, hope Sonic Forces is a troll or uhhh not one of the NA free game. Happy to see SotC there if that is true, game deserves to be played by anyone and everyone. Yeah i already own it physically, but digital as well is noice.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
You know that this Sotc is a PS4 remake ?
Of course
He ignored crucial context in order to imply a specific narrative. It's just disingenuous.
The crucial context is that Sony used to say something like "only 60/70+ games on Meta" and used to give us up to six games. Now the price is higher, the rule disappeared but subscribers are happy that they are getting one good game

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
You know what... Sonic Forces for "free", I'm gonna play it and maybe even enjoy it a bit. Can't be that bad... no?

Already own Shadow of the Colossus and it's a great game.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course

The crucial context is that Sony used to say something like "only 60/70+ games on Meta" and used to give us up to six games. Now the price is higher, the rule disappeared but subscribers are happy that they are getting one good game

I think you missed the point myself and others are making.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I must confess that I do actually want to play Sonic Forces but I couldn't justify paying for it.

I liked Sonic lost worlds a lot...

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Not even Sonic Mania or like a Sonic racing game? Went with Sonic Forces eh... Ok then. Ah well, SotC will be nice. Never did buy the remake.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah another Sonic, huge disappointment... I don't care about this IP and moreover this game seems bad, that's great...

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Did they really advertise like that?
Thanks to PlayStation Plus, millions of gamers can enjoy top-rated* PS3 and PS Vita games at no extra cost. We add new titles regularly as well as providing you with tons more special offers on some of the hottest titles around.

* Top rated is based on a Metacritic rating of 70+.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't really know how I feel about SotC remake. On a technical standpoint it's better (although I played on a base PS4, so it didn't really perform any better than the HD version on PS3), but for a game that was primarily acclaimed for its artistry, the remaster falls flat for me. Obviously it's better graphically, but it just feels like a super well polished version of those OoT in Unreal Engine things, which lose the charm of the original.

It's SotC though, so it's still a blast to play, and of course the original still exists, but I'm not really a fan.

Sonic Forces on the other hand is so dull. 40 second linear stages, wonky- even for Sonic physics, sloppy controls, and probably the worst music and level aesthetics in a mainline Sonic game. It's not even bad in a Sonic 06 way, it's just mediocre.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Can't argue with free games even if it's Sonic Forces lol. Will finally get to enjoy Sotc as I didn't pick it up yet

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Is Sonic Forces really that bad? I enjoyed Sonic Adventure and found Sonic Mania a bit boring so I'm possibly going to like it aren't I...