• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually having some fun with Sonic Forces, it's kind of inoffensive and bland, but OK to blast a few levels oit of every so often.. it just has so much going on your character gets lost in the debris and effects.

The side on modern Sonic levels are, by far, the worst parts.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's as if Sega said, "Let's take Sonic Generations. But instead of improving on it, we'll make the story, control and level design much worse."

I can understand the other things because Sega being Sega but why the fuck the controls are so much worse than in Colors and Gens? I don't understand how this happened when it's even the same engine.

It sucks because looks nice and there's some tolerable stuff here and there but playing it just makes me sad it's not at the quality of Colors and Gens, and it's the only 3D current-gen Sonic we had.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When I saw screenshots of Sonic Forces, I thought the game didn't look that bad. I knew people said the game was garbage but it just wasn't adding up with the videos and shots I saw.

I played the game forr two levels and witnessed how the game feels like complete garbage and now I understand. How can Sega, in a world where so many indie games make amazing feeling platftormers all the time, make a game that feels THIS terrible?

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Holy shit y'all weren't joking, Sonic Forces feels like garbage to play!

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
what the hell are these physics? how are this much worse than Colors and Generations? Seriously the momentum while jumping is fucked, sometimes feels absolutely random.
Yeah totally agree with this. Jumping feels almost like a linear height increase and then decrease. The jump momentum, arc and peak all feel disassociated from both real life and from what we've seen in previous Sonic games. It's a system that feels intuitively, foundationally wrong.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
SotC seems like it's gonna be the second dissapointment for me. Looks great, art is lovely, story and ambience is interesting... but fighting these colossus is more of a chore than fun IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Forces is a bummer.

Why does this game move so stiffly? Jumping feels bad. Like, what the fuck? It's like you jump and there's no arc and sometimes as you come down, it's like you hit an invisible wall and then drop.

How is Generations, which this game is basically a follow-up to gameplay-wise, that much better than this? It's astounding.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Shadow of Collosus.

Great game, big flaws. Its clear how far the horse physics have come in games cause that was like controlling an armed tank.

Its a fun game with one great mechanic. Not a huge fan of the traversal elements though.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been playing Shadow of Colossus and holy shit are the controls and camera horrendous. I'm about a third of the way through the game, so the controls haven't caused too much frustration (outside of some awkward platforming) , but the camera...

The game is the very definition of major elements of gameplay design being set up for the benefit of presentation over actual responsiveness and gameplay quality. The camera is almost always incredibly low to the ground and waaaay off to the right or left side. Honestly one of the worst cameras I've ever experienced in a critically acclaimed game.

Nevertheless, I love the structure and art-style of the game, so I'd still rate it pretty high so far.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I played about 10 minutes of SotC and after seeing how annoying the camera was just riding around(constantly going to either side) I nope'd out

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Tried out Sonic and don't feel its absolutely horrible....I mean its not Sonic Adventure or 2006 trash. But yea its not great either. Physics are stiff as is movement, but I at least feel in control and am completing stages without issue while hunting for red coins. Not barrelling through walls or into oblivion for inexplicable reasons.

I actually enjoyed the little intro with all the villain cameos, and also like the idea of the created avatar. Just wish it played closer to Generations at least.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I can understand the other things because Sega being Sega but why the fuck the controls are so much worse than in Colors and Gens? I don't understand how this happened when it's even the same engine.

It sucks because looks nice and there's some tolerable stuff here and there but playing it just makes me sad it's not at the quality of Colors and Gens, and it's the only 3D current-gen Sonic we had.

It makes absolutely no sense. All they needed to do was build on what Colors and Generations did well, fixing the issues. For example: Generaions had a horrific final boss fight and if you're going to do a "classic Sonic" mode it should actually, you know, feel like classic Sonic.

They somehow had even worse bosses in Forces and the controls were worse for both modern and classic.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Forces is such a bizarre game, like they really put in work on some aspects of the presentations, and some of the escalation for the set pieces seems like it came from real ambition and pride... but then the levels are just nonsense with no real build up or flow, often stopping arbitrarily, and the controls feel like you're moving a forklift around.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sonic Forces is such a bizarre game, like they really put in work on some aspects of the presentations, and some of the escalation for the set pieces seems like it came from real ambition and pride... but then the levels are just nonsense with no real build up or flow, often stopping arbitrarily, and the controls feel like you're moving a forklift around.
Iirc, they worked on the concept for 2 years and the actual game for one

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
SotC seems so like the original, I'm not sure why they even bothered remaking instead instead of just porting it. Still a great game though.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Horizon Complete Edition to be announced tomorrow. You will see. I said this many times. The fact that they annoucned this for PC will make them offer it for free through PS PLus. They did the same with Detroit back then when Quantic Dream announced their games coming to PC.

Syysch

Oct 30, 2017
Horizon Complete Edition to be announced tomorrow. You will see. I said this many times. The fact that they annoucned this for PC will make them offer it for free through PS PLus. They did the same with Detroit back then when Quantic Dream announced their games coming to PC.

Technically, nothing should be announced tomorrow since next Tuesday is still March and we shouldn't get new games for 2 weeks still.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Its getting announced on April 1st (unless if sony dont want to confuse consumers with that date lol), becasue the first tuesday of next month is the 7th. SOTC and Sonic can be added until April 6th.

Also it wouldnt be horizon becuase it would be just leaving the PSNow lineup.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Technically, nothing should be announced tomorrow since next Tuesday is still March and we shouldn't get new games for 2 weeks still.

Its getting announced on April 1st (unless if sony dont want to confuse consumers with that date lol), becasue the first tuesday of next month is the 7th. SOTC and Sonic can be added until April 6th.

Also it wouldnt be horizon becuase it would be just leaving the PSNow lineup.

Huh what? Oh no so we have to wait till next week for game announcement even if tomorrow is the last Wednesday of this month, all this because the next Tuesday (the day when games are released) iwon't happen during the next month but within this month?

Also Horizon can be announced for PS PLus if it leaves PS NOW, if not for next month, then for the upcoming months. It won't take long and it will be before the PC release anyway.

Also announcing games on April 1st? I don't think this a good idea because people will ake it as a joke if they don't want the games they gonna offer. they can offer bad games and people will take it as a joke or even good games and people will take it as a joke too.

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
Would also be a nice move from Sony to announce the games a week early even if the plan was doing it next week to help us all going through this quarantine. A lot of people can't afford to dish any more money away.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War feel like prime candidates for PS+ for the reason that they are story-heavy games and both are almost certainly getting direct sequels on the PS5.

Detroit: Become Human was tossed in as a replacement for an old sports game IIRC after enormous consumer backlash. That means it was likely planned for PS+ anyway but it's not really a convincing case that it was due to a general corporate strategy which they will use to promote the PC version of their games. Plenty of first party games have been on PS+. Not to mention Detroit also being self published by Quantic Dream on PC unlike Horizon.

I do expect Horizon on PS+ soon though and God of War within the next couple of years.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War feel like prime candidates for PS+ for the reason that they are story-heavy games and both are almost certainly getting direct sequels on the PS5.

Detroit: Become Human was tossed in as a replacement for an old sports game IIRC after enormous consumer backlash. That means it was likely planned for PS+ anyway but it's not really a convincing case that it was due to a general corporate strategy which they will use to promote the PC version of their games. Plenty of first party games have been on PS+. Not to mention Detroit also being self published by Quantic Dream on PC unlike Horizon.

I do expect Horizon on PS+ soon though and God of War within the next couple of years.

You mean within next couple of months. XD

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Nice, got an Asian PS PLUS.
Got SOTC, Sonic and MONSTER HUNTER WORLD! did not like the game when I got it, and sold it. But will give it another try in the future.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
SotC seems so like the original, I'm not sure why they even bothered remaking instead instead of just porting it. Still a great game though.

I think Bluepoint going to do Demon's Souls (or whatever that game happens to be) right after they finished SOTC has a lot to do with why it got remade instead of ported.