• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was looking to purchase SoTC so this is good for me, and I'm quite looking forward to playing Sonic Forces personally.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Have they abandoned the minimum Metacritic score thing? Wasn't it 70+ only or something?

This was never a thing, they used the Top Rated buzzword and added an asterisk explaining that Top Rated meant 70+ on metacritic once and people just assumed it was a requirement... But they've given games within a wide range of Metascores since the first week of the instant game collection.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
This is a damn modern Sonic game?

did an intern animate this in SFM?
What do you mean?
Sonic-Forces-Cutscene-22-Hey-Infinite-long-time-no-see.gif

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Amazing month.

Bought SotC last month but what can you do. My streak was 10 years of not buying a game just before PS+ offers it so thats fine.

Especially since Sonic Forces the best game of this generation after Knack 1 and 2 is being offered this month.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Always wanted to try Sonic Forces so I'm looking forward to it!

SotC has always seemed a bit interesting but never go to try it either. Great month for me!

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
I already own SotC but Sonic Forces is something I would have bought for cheap, so it's okay having it for free.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Played the original SotC and the remake, but never finished either. Actually wanted to get this in order to see if I could finally complete it.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Isn't Forces in the 'so bad it's good' camp along with Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Forces in the 'so bad it's good' camp along with Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom?

Not really. Boom and 06 are downright broken and horrible to play, the only other Sonic game I'd say approaches those two stinkers in "quality" is Shadow the Hedgehog. Worst you can say about Forces is that it's obviously rushed, painfully unambitious, and a clear step down from the Boost trilogy.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you're definitely making me want to play it, nice short easy game. Curiosity may get the better of me but there are problem a dozen other games I should play instead.

Shadow of the Colossus is a good one though, already got that but a pretty great addition all the same
Nah I wouldn't call it "nice and short" because it still feels so long when all the cutscenes are longer than how much you actually play. It's pretty funny to watch though so have at it I guess.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't own either, so I'm extremely cool with this. Always wanted to see what's the actual deal with Forces.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
PS Plus went from 6 games to 2. And this month, one of the games is reviewed extremely poorly.

Great that SotC is available on Plus. Too bad I bought it 6 months ago for $9.
this + Sotc is the second rerelease of a 15 year old game, with the first rerelease already being featured as a psplus offering. 7 years ago

nope sorry, it's gonna take much more than sotc to ratepsplus anything more than a mediocre service.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Yay! I bought my son Sonic Forces last week and tomorrow my second hand copy of Shadow Of The Colossus arrives in the post!!

lol fuck.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I'm fine with this. I've considered $10 Sonic forces a few times. I know it won't be great game, but theres always been fun to be with any Sonic that I have played.

And I'll gladly take SoTC- dabbled in the PS2 version back in the day and didn't get far (because it did kind of chug on that hardware), but playing again in 4k, running at a solid frame-rate- can't wait!.

Zimmy64

Oct 29, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
I just played Sonic Forces. IMO it's in so bad it's good territory. I LOLed several times while playing it. It's also the most technically competent and polished 3D sonic game.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Was tempted to grab the remake of SOTC so many times from the store, it fillany paid off to wait. Already own the original on PS2 so will be great to play the remake of one of my favorite games.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Don't care for sonic but SoTC remake is one of the best games this gen. Hope everyone on plus gives it a try.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Great! I bought The Last Guardian a few months ago (played it on launch and sold after beating it) so I am glad they are giving the other masterpiece from Ueda!

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, SotC is a great game but it was on sale a few days ago. PS+ has been terrible for quite a while.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sonic Forces is hands down the worst Sonic game ever. I went into it with an open mind like, yeah it's memey and that's quite funny and I really LOVED Generations. But Christ it's just very bad.

Ive been meaning to buy SotC so I'm happy with that.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Sonic Forces.

Well, there goes any argument that PS+ instant collection games require some sort of minimum metacritic store.

I already own the disc for PS4 Shadow of Colossus. It's a fine game but March is dead month for me.