• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Agram

Oct 25, 2017
sotc-ot_02p8pj9.png

dividerj4sf7.png

MEDIA
E3 2017 Reveal Trailer
Story Trailer
Comparison Trailer
Photo Mode Walkthrough
Kow Otani Interview

dividerj4sf7.png

LINKS
Review Thread
Photo Mode Thread
Trophy List
Digital Foundry tech analysis

dividerj4sf7.png

STORE
Vinyl Soundtrack
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
Special Edition (Currently unavailable)
Special edition includes: box, steelbook, artist postcards, printed manual,
in-game items, two PS4 themes, world map, colossi stickers

dividerj4sf7.png

TIPS
-eating fruit hidden in trees increases your health and eating silver lizard tails increases your stamina
-you don't need to continually mash the triangle button to make Agro go faster, just holding it will make her reach and maintain max speed.
-Agro has AI of her own, when traversing crevices and twisty paths you only need to hold triangle and she will navigate those obstacles on her own. You don't need to wrestle with the reins.
Trophy Guide
-(to be continued, WIP)

dividerj4sf7.png

GIFS by SunhiLegend
dQgTqF7.gif

z1pUtOY.gif

GTrrKHo.gif

noMRiqJ.gif

Last edited:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great OP. Looks classy! Can't wait to get my hands on the game. I haven't played SOTC since the PS2 release.

Derp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought performance mode was also 1440p? I got confused by the DigitalFoundry article since they didn't mention any resolution metric for Performance mode.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I'm drooling at those gifs. Anyway, I won't get my copy until the next week, so, I will hate envy everyone who has a copy this week. Specially those playing this for the first time :'(

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait.

You missed a trick with that OT title though. Monster, Hunter, World was genius.

Otherwise, great work on that OT

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Great job - the OT has the perfect amount of class.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the game again.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Comparison posting repost, from the review thread:

Resolution mode vs Performance mode.

"5 Screenshots and you definitely see the huge difference in clarity. They did an amazing job in performance mode, I can't have enough respect for this, unbelievable, but this game is the ultimate proof that nothing can top super sampling, not even the best anti aliasing and IQ on 1080p.

5 Mouse over screenshot comparisons, right here.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/130825/picture:0

Here are two of that 5 screens in resolution mode for you.

EGEH3bz.png

1Ijpjf9.png

The second one is an absolute eye opener in comparison, in my opinion."

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
prob one of my top 3 favorite games of all time. I'm ready with the LE pre order.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
It's the weirdest thing. The original game is one of my favorites of all time, and I had already sold my PS3 when the HD port released, and yet I'm not all that excited about this remake. I think the reason is somewhere between "I played the original too much" and "I have too many games I'm trying to play on my PS4 at the moment".

I'll probably get this around the time it goes on sale, unless I'm caught up in something else.

OP
OP
Agram

Agram

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful OP. Can't wait!

Edit:
Looked at the trophy list. A couple of those are ridiculous.
Trophies are harder, just look at new HTA times:
Valus - 2:45 (-5)
Quadratus - 4:30 (0)
Gaius - 6:30 (+1:30)
Phaedra - 6:15 (+1:15)
Avion - 4:15 (-1:15)
Barba - 6:00 (-30)
Hydrus - 7:30 (-30)
Kuromori - 7:00 (-30)
Basaran - 5:45 (+15)
Dirge - 4:30 (-30)
Celosia - 4:15 (-1:15)
Pelagia - 9:30 (-30)
Phalanx - 10:15 (-2:45)
Cenobia - 8:15 (-45)
Argus - 10:00 (-1:30)
Gaius got the biggest bump, but Argus, the second worst HTA, got -1,30 off. Weird decisions but Wander should be easier to control than in PS3 remaster.

Rango

Oct 29, 2017
Good stuff on the OT. First time playing this game and very excited for it!

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it digitally and (accidentally) bought two copies of the special edition, so I think I'm set. 9pm tomorrow can't come soon enough.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful OT

I originally was going to buy it on day 1, but I decided to hold off buying until I get a 4K TV and a PS4 pro(hopefully by 2019), since this a game I want to experience again in it best way possible. One of the best game I have ever played.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
And here two more screenshots.
Hope you don't mind my repost in the official OT, thought some people only look in this thread and I wanted to have my best shots and gifs in here.

eTjdleo.png

wZcdrRB.png

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
does anyone know if Bluepoint removed any of the crazy glitches that allowed super fast speed runs?

like for one of the colossus, I don't remember which number, but the one that swings a giant sword down at you at the start of combat... in the original version, you could hop on the tip of the sword, then get a huge launching boost effect when it raised the sword back up and you might land right on top of its head lol

OP
OP
Agram

Agram

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know if Bluepoint removed any of the crazy glitches that allowed super fast speed runs?

like for one of the colossus, I don't remember which number, but the one that swings a giant sword down at you at the start of combat... in the original version, you could hop on the tip of the sword, then get a huge launching boost effect when it raised the sword back up and you might land right on top of its head lol
That wasn't a glitch, it's game's weird physics. You HAD to make that jump if you wanted to complete Hard Time Attack so I think it should be possible in the remake as well because they didn't touch the physics.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That wasn't a glitch, it's game's weird physics. You HAD to make that jump if you wanted to complete Hard Time Attack so I think it should be possible in the remake as well because they didn't touch the physics.

Not on PS2, that jump was never necessary. I don't know about on PS3, never bothered doing the time attacks in that f'd up version.

OP
OP
Agram

Agram

Oct 25, 2017
Not on PS2, that jump was never necessary. I don't know about on PS3, never bothered doing the time attacks in that f'd up version.
Forgot about PS2, but PS3 HTA is the hardest thing I have ever completed in a video game.
The only person there with taste :*
ty
I didn't do that jump in hard time attack on PS2 or PS3 and still beat it.
I didn't know that was even possible on PS3 lol