• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers obviously for people who never played the game. If you didn't, I wouldn't recommend watching it (besides the first minute maybe) since it's a great moment of the game.

Once again Bluepoint did a fantastic job.
Can't wait to get back into this world. Didn't play the PS3 remaster so my last time was on PS2, quite a while back.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
SERIOUSLY, Wander just riding Agro in the forest... looks fucking amazing. There's no chance I'm defending the original now (graphicswise).

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
It's ridiculous how much better it looks. The forest area is on par with Endor in Battlefront, lol.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I hope PS5 includes the PS4 Pro enhancements too for these games

Im gonna stick with PS4 Slim no interest these mid cycle consoles like X or Pro for this gen I don't need more pixels

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great and I like that the person playing knew what they were doing. Too bad they didn't show the REAL speedrun technique. :P

(Dang, posting a video from the PS2 version really shows off the difference two console generations make)

They changed the bow shooting sound effect, which is kinda weird when it seems like everything else uses the same sound effects.

edit: also noticed the lack of a HUD, I hope that's a feature we get to have. The original's HUD was pretty ugly.

MidiPour

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I don't think we have anything to worry about in regards to this remake spoiling the experience of the original game.

ninecubed

Oct 27, 2017
They've done an incredible job with this based on what they've showed so far. The forest just looks... amazing. Can't wait to try it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Animation, physics and gameplay looks sufficiently close to the original. Except for the cloth physics, sorry, that stuff just looks weird, compared to the original or not.

Have they made it easier to one-cycle 13 though? Probably for the better, since it did nothing but stretch the battle.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Breathtaking.

I mean, god damn.

I'm so glad this masterpiece is getting the AAA exposure it deserves.

Hopefully Sony doesn't skimp on marketing the living shit out of it because this game is a cornerstone of our medium; it's also exclusive to PlayStation and unmistakably Japanese.

(Hopefully this time the 3rd Colossus time trial isn't utter fucking bullshit like in the PS3 version)

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you didn't played the game, don't watch the video. Is one of my favorite gaming moments in my life and it would be a shame if you got spoiled.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
I was not expecting a graphical overhaul, amazing. HDR implementation makes this even more appealing.

Never have I thought I'd ever triple dip for a single game. We got a release date?

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
We've got some off-screen gameplay that we filmed at Sony's press event today. Game was running in HDR (amazing HDR implementation btw) so our camera simply couldn't do its job correctly so expect some bad contrast and stuff. Still, the amount of details is staggering. Amazing work by Bluepoint for sure!
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_pgw_shadow_of_the_colossus_video-19657_en.html
Nice, I was just wondering if it would support HDR properly now especially with the fake blown out contrasty stuff they did with the original.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We've got some off-screen gameplay that we filmed at Sony's press event today. Game was running in HDR (amazing HDR implementation btw) so our camera simply couldn't do its job correctly so expect some bad contrast and stuff. Still, the amount of details is staggering. Amazing work by Bluepoint for sure!
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_pgw_shadow_of_the_colossus_video-19657_en.html

Nice, thanks. Some of it looks so different I barely recognize it.
45nmuHC.gif

Wander running and jumping
4PuOC0H.gif

ObW6jsG.gif

And most interesting, the new interface in action
Om3kNib.gif

Still a bit of an eyesore. I think I may prefer the pink color scheme. I guess that the circle doesn't grow anymore, rather it grows a weird appendage as it's upgraded.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
supersampling for us 1080peasants I hope

That's my biggest worry right now. :( I want it to look as pretty as in all these videos and screens on my Pro too. Kinda feeling like a second-rate PS4 Pro owner here, lol. Unfortunately The Last Guardian had no downsampling... I hope that's no indication for what's going to happen here.

In case you guys missed the beautiful screenshots which were also published:

shadow_of_the_colossus_paris_games_week_sceen_7.jpg

shadow_of_the_colossus_paris_games_week_sceen_6.jpg

shadow_of_the_colossus_paris_games_week_sceen_2.jpg

shadow_of_the_colossus_paris_games_week_sceen_3.jpg

shadow_of_the_colossus_paris_games_week_sceen_9.jpg

shadow_of_the_colossus_paris_games_week_sceen_8.jpg

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh sheeit BP has learned from their mistakes, Wander doesn't flail around anywhere near as much when he's on colossus #3 compared to their PS3 port. Now if only they would somehow patch that one...

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
That's my biggest worry right now. :( I want it to look as pretty as in all these videos and screens on my Pro too. Kinda feeling like a second rate PS4 Pro owner here, lol. Unfortunately The Last Guardian had no downsampling... I hope that's no indication for what's going to happen here.

In case you guys missed the beautiful screenshots which were also shared:

Insane. In many ways, it is going to be like playing it for the first time again. This sets the bar on what a 'remake' should be. Nothing else comes close.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Just breathtaking. Looks different artistically, but they've retained enough for my liking. Thank you Bluepoint. You continue to dazzle us! Hopefully the team will be able to move on to produce the next great remaster+ project... Shenmue.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
jett love your analysis and comparisons of the SoTC it's always interesting to see how well they are keeping to the source material yet still overhauling it for the remake and noting some changes etc

Bluepoint remaking a game piece of history they should do this the best it can be possible
That's my biggest worry right now. :( I want it to look as pretty as in all these videos and screens on my Pro too. Kinda feeling like a second-rate PS4 Pro owner here, lol. Unfortunately The Last Guardian had no downsampling... I hope that's no indication for what's going to happen here.

In case you guys missed the beautiful screenshots which were also published:

Wallpaper material thanks!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Ridley

Oct 28, 2017
Utrecht
Wow this looks amazing. I also hope the a better framerate means some more responsive controls.

And also, modern controles. Using triggers for the Bow. The original was geat, but it controlled like shit.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Still a bit of an eyesore. I think I may prefer the pink color scheme. I guess that the circle doesn't grow anymore, rather it grows a weird appendage as it's upgraded.

oh please yes, the endurance bar taking a whole corner as it grew was so tiresome when you wanted to enjoy the scenery and the staging