• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah! I totally forgot this was a thing.

Really glad they got Bluepoint to do this. Those guys know what they're doing when it comes to remasters.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
i wouldn't mind Sony remake/remastering all their best games in their 1st party library every so often...

Awaiting Bluepoint to remake Bloodborne in 2021 on PS5!

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm going to play through Ico for the first time before I get this, so pumped since I've always heard good things about Shadow but have never played it despite having the PS3 release.

Oct 29, 2017
One of my all time favorites. After playing games with different horse controls (RDR, BOTW, etc.) it's hard to go back through it again. Really hoping horse controls are one of the quality of life improvements made.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, I just watched the TGS trailer on YT and this is what catches my eye:
ibIlIQ5.png

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The remake looks great and I'm excited but some changes makes me queasy. The complete redesign of the ruins around the world are not to my taste, they tell a story, why change it to something that looks increasingly like real-life culture ?

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I never played through this to the end before because this version looks amazing. I hope they'll add the haze/foggy look later on though.

lionpants

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hopefully the control system gets an overhaul.

Playing the remaster on PS3 was just painful. Although, I did read that the controls kinda got messed up in the transition.

JdFox17

Oct 26, 2017
Never got around to playing SotC on either the PS2 or PS3, though I've always been interested in the title. I think I'll end up picking this up. Those screens just look amazing.

checkyoufeet

Oct 27, 2017
I play through the PS2 version a handful of times a year. I think I've run through it about 20 times now since 2012. It's become a "podcast game" for me lately.

Based on the handful of recorded-off-screen gameplay videos circulating, it looks like a near 1:1 remake of the PS2/3 versions.
They added a mount-from-behind the horse animation? And maybe tweaked some of the other animations. Running looks less ballerina-ish.

Small list of some practical stuff I'm hoping comes with this release:

• Photo Mode a la Last of Us Remastered, Infamous Second Son, etc.

• Ability to completely disable the HUD

• Leaderboard for time attacks.

• Some way of keeping the Ico "I" on Agro's forehead. Not sure how they'd handle that one. Maybe upon completion it toggles?

• Cutscene selection

• Turn off Dormin Hints

• Keep the Agro Death Glitch with the loading/draw distance

• Any/all bonus material that was strung across different promo discs and press kits that Nomad and others have ripped. Those would probably be a stretch, though.