• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I said I would buy in at around 50 CND.

Now I'm going to wait for 30 at this rate.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got a copy for $40 at launch and i feel robbed lol, this is why is difficult to support some games on day 1, it only takes a few weeks for the price to drop.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Developers live to basically make video games, and are rewarded with shitty release dates and in the case of RDR2 ridiculous work hours. Seeing the games price so low a month out really worries me.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Just wait for the Winter sale. It will probably be 50%+ off by then.

This is exactly why I am waiting. I think Tomb Raider games have a history of being heavily discounted very early on.

Even if I bought it at the full $60 price tag at launch I wouldn't have even had time to play it anyway. Bring on the steam holiday sale, and that 50% off off TR.

Savings come to those who wait!

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Oof. I played it at launch and got about 7 hours in and would say it's still not worth the discounted price. I might return to it eventually.

EDIT: WOW the season pass is already discounted and NONE of the season pass stuff is even released yet! Holy shit that's a slap in the face to day one adopters.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
"Following the first Weapon/Outfit drop on September 14th, Season Pass content will release on a monthly basis starting November 2018."

Basically none of the items in the season pass have even been released yet lmao

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I'll pick it up at $20 sometime after christmas at this rate.
Words to live by:
p0GHyQW.jpg

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
I regret paying full price for this. Big let down for me. Can't even bring myself to finish it.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. Awesome.

The fact that bought it last week of september for full price digital....

And isn't this like really scummy? There has not been a single piece of DLC yet...

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprising if it bombed. Found it to be completely unremarkable in every way. Spider-Man probably didn't help.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Man this game is so weird. I like it overall, but they took some of the combat criticism to heart a little too much. So they drastically reduced the amount of time you spend in combat in this game. That would be fine if instead exploration and tombs / puzzle solving saw an increase in quality. Is that the case though? Not at all. There's about as many tombs / puzzles in this game as there was in Rise, and I can't think of a single tomb I liked more in this game compared to 1 or 2. The time cut-off from combat is instead replaced with Exploration, not Tombs. In my opinion, exploration in these games (the new trilogy) is easily the weakest aspect. You're constantly flip-flopping between the map and survival instincts while your brain is on auto-pilot. Even if you set exploration difficulty to high, you can still find maps that reveal the location of artifacts / documents all over the area. Only problem is that instead of using Survival Instincts to get the locations that are already on your map, you're constantly going in and out of the map menu because the survival instincts no longer show points of interest that are already on your map. It's very poor design that just wastes time instead of providing added challenges.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Also, this is incredibly depressing for me. I still love the Tomb Raider franchise, but I just can't believe the downward trend of the reboot games since TR2013. I never thought I'd want TR to just be a more linear, simple action game like the reboot, but CD and Eidos Montreal just could not create more "open ended" adventure games that were satisfying, especially as the writing and stories just got worse each game.

The Legend/Anniversary/Underworld trilogy had its flaws, and Underworld especially felt unfortunately unpolished, but the story was still pretty damn good and had a GREAT ending that tied things up perfectly with the two prior games. There was fun game design and fire in the narrative department in CD's first trio of TR games that is just totally gone from Rise and Shadow. I'm just baffled at who approved a boring, flat sequel that floods the player with literal garbage skills/upgrades/currencies on a constant basis to facilitate combat that barely exists, and is only supplanted by a neat puzzle every 90 minutes.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After being bored to death by Rise I'm not interested one bit, but it looks like people should probably wait until Black Friday at this rate...

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Talk about a game that the world just didn't care about. Wonder what they'll do with the franchise next, and how soon.