• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
Mlmaf7i.png

download link : https://translate.google.com/transl...?searchtype=001&type=view&bno=160&searchtext=

In the data from the Korea Game Rating Board, it found that the "Definitive Edition" had already rated

The data shows a list of games classified every month.

As far as I know, the version has never been officially announced.

p.s this data is .csv

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense that they would wanna try again - the game kinda got overshadowed last year. Maybe this re-release can change some minds.

Has to be priced right though.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
For anyone interested, the normal edition of the game is on sale for $19.97 on PSN right now.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
What are they "trying"?

This is a standard procedure, when a game gets all the DLCs, they did it with the original Tomb Raider, ROTTR and now with SOTTR.
It's still a cost. Production , manufacturing , trailers cost money. If they didnt thought it would be worth it they couldnt care less

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im replaying it right now and its a really solid game. It goes back to the horror vibes that the first few tomb raider games had, alot of the challenge tombs are eerie as hell

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I played through the whole main campaign. How was the DLC? Is it worthwhile if I enjoyed the campaign/tombs?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I played through the whole main campaign. How was the DLC? Is it worthwhile if I enjoyed the campaign/tombs?

Actually, yeah. It was seven (or eight? not sure, I think there was one more coming maybe?) side quests directly tied to one additional tomb each. As individual piece of content they could come off underwhelming, but when they are embedded into the main game (or if you play them in one go after the fact like I did) they are actually a lot of fun.

Give the game a chance, guys. If you, like me, always kinda begrudged the way Tomb Raider kinda turned into Uncharted with the Reboot and liked the improvements they made with Rise, then this game could absolutely be for you. There is a way bigger focus on exploration, puzzles and platforming this time around and that is truly what Tomb Raider was always about for me.

Also, consider turning off all the "you can climb this way"-markers in the difficulty options. You know, how Uncharted always turns cliffs you can climb yellow or whatever color? Tomb Raider did the same thing, turning everything you can climb white. Turning that off completely changed the game for me and made it so, so much better.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Actually, yeah. It was seven (or eight? not sure, I think there was one more coming maybe?) side quests directly tied to one additional tomb each. As individual piece of content they could come off underwhelming, but when they are embedded into the main game (or if you play them in one go after the fact like I did) they are actually a lot of fun.

Give the game a chance, guys. If you, like me, always kinda begrudged the way Tomb Raider kinda turned into Uncharted with the Reboot and liked the improvements they made with Rise, then this game could absolutely be for you. There is a way bigger focus on exploration, puzzles and platforming this time around and that is truly what Tomb Raider was always about for me.

Also, consider turning off all the "you can climb this way"-markers in the difficulty options. You know, how Uncharted always turns cliffs you can climb yellow or whatever color? Tomb Raider did the same thing, turning everything you can climb white. Turning that off completely changed the game for me and made it so, so much better.

Sadly how much turning off the guides in TR change the gameplay is vastly overrated, just like the "exploration mode" in AC Odyssey. Its still very much obvious which parts you can climb and which you cant specially because its pretty hard to deviate from an "optimum path" anyway since there are very little "useless" platforms and paths to take. Plus even with it off theres a weird thing where you can see it but without it being there, its hard to explain exactly, but you still feel certain platforms and paths would be painted white even if you turn it off

Its a much better and open game than Rise and TR2013 i agree with you here

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly how much turning off the guides in TR change the gameplay is vastly overrated, just like the "exploration mode" in AC Odyssey. Its still very much obvious which parts you can climb and which you cant specially because its pretty hard to deviate from an "optimum path" anyway since there are very little "useless" platforms and paths to take. Plus even with it off theres a weird thing where you can see it but without it being there, its hard to explain exactly, but you still feel certain platforms and paths would be painted white even if you turn it off

Oh sure, though I wouldn't agree with you that there are no additional paths to take. Especially in the various hub worlds there are often several ways to get around. But yeah, you can of course still see which platforms you can climb and which you can't, anything else would be incredibly frustrating imo. The same goes for the best titles in the genre like PoP Sands of Time. The reason I think the game still profits immensely from turning off the markers is because it makes the world so much more believable. With the markers, everything looks like a video game level and you almost automatically ignore anything that isn't glowing white and thus not clearly marked as interactive.The incredibly complex, beautiful, sometimes realistic environments are largely ignored in favor of concentrating on the previously marked paths. Turning off all the markers (and waypoints) made me actually immerse myself in the level and explore them on their own terms, instead of just looking for the next obvious markers or HUD elements.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
So if someone wants to play the game in a near future it's better to buy the game now since the "Definitive Edition" (Croft Edition) is $30.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I hope a definitive edition with all the DLC gets released, since I've been holding out on the original despite seeing some good sales for it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Probably the best way to play it. DLC was really odd to go back to after beating the game as all of it but one is taking place before the end of the game

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
I liked the game but the final boss fight ruined the game for me. Now I have no desire to visit any DLCs anymore seeing that I have no intention to finish the final boss fight.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Probably the best way to play it. DLC was really odd to go back to after beating the game as all of it but one is taking place before the end of the game

One occur after the end, the sixth one iirc. But yeah, playing all these new missions after beating the game was weird, I didn't like that way to handle DLC from Eidos Montréal. Rise definitly had a better post-launch content.

Endurance mode when.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
So will this be the Croft edition just with a new name? Doesn't the Croft editiion already include all the DLC?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Not for Switch, I believe.

I promise, if Eidos/Square Europe brings at least one game to Switch, I'll buy it twice, one for my each console.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Eh, the game wasnt that good for a "Definitive" version.
I think Tomb Raiders time has passed. Either reboot it again, or just leave it alone.