• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I think missing the Core style will always be the hardest. The direction Crystal Dynamics went with Legend was wonderful as well. The Reboot always felt like the gritty combat focus didn't allow for Lara as a character to evolve into the character a lot of us wanted, but each direction has their strengths.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I am actually rather surprised not many people seem to be fond of Rise.

I thought it's a fantastic game and I enjoyed it very much. The story about the prophet, the Baba Yaga, the Trinity stuff, etc etc, I thought it was all handled well.

Maybe I am just easily pleased, haha.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know CD well enough and i can say that they wont relese worse or less impressive game than Rise. Just my opinion.
CD?

0a9b8d0c941135515c4953ae9496fef8b4b9e50bfe70a24e353d6cf7c25daa07.jpg

arcticice

Oct 31, 2017

I thought it's a fantastic game and I enjoyed it very much. The story about the prophet, the Baba Yaga, the Trinity stuff, etc etc, I thought it was all handled well.

I liked Rise as well. Not because of the story though.i liked the pacing. It was well balanced between combat sequences, puzzles, climbing, and stealth sections. I hated Uncharted 4 for the same reasons - it had really bad pacing. It was either action after action, or endless climbing sequences.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017

I liked it as well, more than the reboot. The larger scope of the hubs and better implementation of tombs added a lot for me. Lost Legacy took this style of hub exploration even further and I was hoping Shadow would expand on it as well.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

i liked it too, story was a little bland but remembered me of the 80s/90s action movies that i like, its just dumb fun. and the gameplay and world was good in my book. i personally liked it more than Uncharted 4 and see it as the better Uncharted gameplaywise..

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

keep in mind this forum isn't neccesserily a represenation of the masses - Rise was very well received by both critics and players alike in general.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of these comments make no sense. This is the third game in a reboot series that was planned to span three games. Why are people expecting a vastly different game?

As far as the screenshots are concerned, I'm surprised by the obvious jump in the graphical quality - again, weird that some people can't see that?

It's almost as though some people here 'want' to see this game fail.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Some of these comments make no sense. This is the third game in a reboot series that was planned to span three games. Why are people expecting a vastly different game?

As far as the screenshots are concerned, I'm surprised by the obvious jump in the graphical quality - again, weird that some people can't see that?

What jump in graphical quality? Have we seen gameplay? Those leaked screenshots don't look better than Rise but they're also bad quality images.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New info:

-The game starts in Conzumel and it's el dia de los muertos
-Lara can use mud to hide
-The enemies have a mistrust gauge during infiltration sequences
-The tombs are more vertical
-She can run on walls with a rope
-Lara can talk with the npcs in the village
-Underwater fights

It sounds like game will be different/improved enough compared to Rise. Especially tombs and stealth.
I dunno if the typo's yours or from the source but its Cozumel, not Conzumel. Also its "día de muertos", I dont understand why non spanish speakers insist on adding an unnecessary "los" to día de muertos. I've seen it too man times.

And of course its set during día de muertos. Its starting to become a cliché. White foreigner visits Mexico? Look at the time! Looks like its gotta be día de muertos!

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's almost like people go into something they know they'll already hate just to hate it

dosh

Oct 25, 2017

The father/Trinity storyline was quite uninteresting, and rather shoehorned honestly.

That's what I don't understand about Rise: given how the reboot ended, they had a lot of cool directions to choose from and they decided to go with "mysterious-organisation-that-basically-wants-to-dominate-the-world n°4653" and have Lara find out that it was all tied to her father all this time.

There are so many things Lara could do instead of fighting generic mercenary types.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I dunno if the typo's yours or from the source but its Cozumel, not Conzumel. Also its "día de muertos", I dont understand why non spanish speakers insist on adding an unnecessary "los" to día de muertos. I've seen it too man times.

And of course its set during día de muertos. Its starting to become a cliché. White foreigner visits Mexico? Look at the time! Looks like its gotta be día de muertos!
I'll take it if people's image of Mexico goes from "tiny desert cartel town" to "día de los muertos" to be honest. Baby steps! Also Conzumel sounds pretty tasty :P

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018

I only copy-pasted that info.

arcticice

Oct 31, 2017
People earlier in the thread: "It looks the same, no changes at all."

People after seeing the changes: "why have they added these, remove them"

Oct 26, 2017
I just love how they took the Bethesda approach with this game. Announce it and release it the same year. Rockstar take notes, take many please, lol!

Hopefully the game has a good balance between exploring and action. Give me interesting tombs and outdoor locations to explore and some good puzzles with at least a bit of a challenge to them.

I see people being sad that there will be plenty of combat again, but that's part of TR now and I don't mind it. Those new things like hiding in mud also sound cool. I kinda want to stay away from more new info but at the same time I am too curious.

Some scans are out, looks like she might be wearing shorts in one shot

I'd like to see these.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This photo really dampens my excitement, looks straight out of RoTTR, I was hoping for something innovative but it's more waist high covers I guess. I just hope they expand on the tomb raiding they introduced in the last game, they were by far the best part of the game.
82xkkgtsbuj8.jpg
I distinctly remember place that looks almost identical to this screenshot in RotTR or maybe TR 2013. I feel like TR reboot formula is quickly becoming stale at this point.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see anything I didn't see in first two, Just more of the same what a let down

Uncharted took Tomb Raider, added graphics and cinematic gameplay and made two sequels. Tomb Raider took Uncharted, added survival gameplay and made two sequels. If this game will be the trilogie's Uncharted 3 that is good enough for me.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
DAMN the mud in the trailer from the other thread! Predator style

scan links were sent to those who asked btw

Demogorgon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I played both the first two games and I cannot for the life of me remember who Sam, Reyes and Jonah are.

Same as the Japanese girl in the first game that they were trying to sacrifice to the sun god. Jonah was the black dude who had a small role in both the fist and second game. No idea who reyes is but i thought everyone else died.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if the reboot games shit on everything that was Tomb Raider and pretty much alienated the fan base and want to play an actual TR game and not Uncharted 5.

Well, this is the third game. We've known this for a good while. It's time to either let it go or just be senselessly whining about the same fucking shit forever. Many have taken the later path as evidented by by TR threada

Oct 26, 2017
So today we can expect previews too? With the trailer now out there and no gameplay as expected hopefully we can read what the press so far thinks of it.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if the reboot games shit on everything that was Tomb Raider and pretty much alienated the fan base and want to play an actual TR game and not Uncharted 5.
You may have not liked it and I'm sure some fans were indeed alienated but fact of the matter is TR2012 is the best selling TR in the franchise after years of languishing in mediocrity. So easy there with the hyperbole.