• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind seeing Eidos having a crack at Tomb Raider. I liked the level design and hub world in Mankind Divided.
Bets on there being a Jensen skin with her arms?

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It says: "Exclusive extended gameplay" not trailer.

Oh now they say that gameplay won't be streamed. WTF, why?
3c9521e1f38c7b808f1254e6b54b7641.png

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
While Uncharted always had mediocre writing held up by a good supporting cast with Nathan being a boring trope bonanza it still NEVER ever had writing as terrible as Rise where we had a char who was made to believes he has stigmata on his hands as an act from god and not from the sister who came into his room and cut them into his hands without him waking up.

Now that's some dogshit writing my friend.

I find both equally boring/bad to be honest. But still havent finished rise.

UC characters are better written for sure (people can remember sully and elena without using wikipedia) but Drake is so annoying as a protagonist that i take points out of Uncharted for it

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
If they're not showing gameplay, then the wording on that tweet is bullshit. "Official reveal and full trailer" suggests two different things.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
While Uncharted always had mediocre writing held up by a good supporting cast with Nathan being a boring trope bonanza it still NEVER ever had writing as terrible as Rise where we had a char who was made to believes he has stigmata on his hands as an act from god and not from the sister who came into his room and cut them into his hands without him waking up.

Now that's some dogshit writing my friend.
Uncharted had mediocre writing? Those characters were oozing charm and fun.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool.

The gameplay reveal is from Square. That panel is from Tribeca. They're are completely separate things.

Oct 26, 2017
No gameplay would be a let down but there have been games before that were simply teased with CGI and gameplay at E3. Either way looking forward to tomorrow.

Nice that we have a time now too.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I am really curious to see how they will deal with what happened to Sam in the comics. Also it would be great if Shadow would finally commit to the whole Lara X Sam thing that has been hinted and speculated about but they will probably keep Lara's sexuality completely ambiguous as to not offend anybody.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SE has always been really big on having their games have a steelbook version lately which I'm fine with.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Well pratchett's not writing this game I'm pretty sure so there's that at least? Maybe these characters won't suck this time?

Keep in mind the writing team for the newer Tomb Raider games has been a team effort of three different people. Also I am pretty sure the devs at CD hadn't exactly given them a lot of room to fit much story into their games. I am hoping that this changes with Shadow.

Also Pratchett was responsible for the pretty great comic books that do quite a bit to make some of these side characters a more interesting. Worth checking out if you ever have the opportunity.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to the CGI trailer with cutscene footage and split second snippets of gameplay where get to see part of a jump.

Oct 26, 2017
Really hope this game will have some of those dark parts again like the 2013 game had. I really liked that. And as others have said some horror elements, why not.

Oct 30, 2017
Cant wait for the finale of her origin or what the fuck that supposed to mean.

Nobody asked for three games for a origin story.
I pray they be done with this arc with this game.... because seriously the old badass cool Lara who was a true icon needs to have a comeback, this doesn't feels like her at all.
should've been a red case.
tBtIgvX.jpg
For special edition yes... for standard edition no it will ruin the flow of my collection :p

Oct 26, 2017
Up? That's... not what I see. She seems to have got less curvature around the hips as well, judging by this render. Nothing new under the sun in 2018, curves are teh evil now.

Her new face reminds me about Milla Jovovich. No complaints there!

I didn't notice the hips but yeah, I find these changes all rather unnecessary, just like the face. I guess we'll see soon enough how this translates ingame.

But it's definitely clear that ever since the reboot they toned down with making her too much like a sexbomb or whatever. Even though the reboot did still have certain physics applied that Rise didn't anymore, lol.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But it's definitely clear that ever since the reboot they toned down with making her too much like a sexbomb or whatever. Even though the reboot did still have certain physics applied that Rise didn't anymore, lol.
All the violence and torture is fine but a bit of skin is immoral, it use to be the opposite with the classic games. People use to complain about all the animal and human killings but liked the sexualised Lara marketing.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Lara in new games is fucking ugly, like an empty NPC. This is the 3rd game and they still don't have character designers.

Xenon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this isn't being done by the same team as 2013 and RotTR? That would be disappointing.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
what the hell does a cosplay ambassador even do

discuss important matters of cosplay utility in cosplay UN conferences?