• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that exactly what happened with LiS?

Regarding Max's sexuality? Doubt it. I'd even say they made it even more "put upfront" than initially planned :3

The biggest thing Square asked to change on Life is Strange is the age of the characters (from 16-17 to 18 and more).

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes...Not really like how many "editions" this games has, even though it's pretty standard. Guess I'll be waiting a year or so for the complete edition as-per tradition.

Oct 26, 2017
Personally I see absolutely nothing groundbreaking about making Lara a lesbian. It wouldn't really add much to the story at all. I can easily do without her and Reyes for the next one. It leaves room for maybe new allies, more interesting ones.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that exactly what happened with LiS?

Life Is Strange is an original IP and independently developed game that Square Enix didn't give a shit about. Lara Croft is an iconic character who is extremely popular with the male gaming fanbase. There's obvious brand damage that could be done by making her gay.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I see absolutely nothing groundbreaking about making Lara a lesbian. It wouldn't really add much to the story at all. I can easily do without her and Reyes for the next one. It leaves room for maybe new allies, more interesting ones.
Your all so focused on her being a lesbian that your forgetting she's clearly Bi.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm truly surprised by some comments here. Unless my memory is failing me did we see Sam at all in Rise? Or Reyes? Why would they all of a sudden appear in the last game? I for one wasn't expecting them at all. It's really no big deal at all. :)

Your all so focused on her being a lesbian that your forgetting she's clearly Bi.

Honestly it's more of a matter that I don't care at all about. I really don't need any of that in these games to be honest.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Not really sure what to expect from this game.

Was pleasantly surprised by the first new one (was worried it would just be a Uncharted ripoff, but I enjoyed the gameplay far more enjoyable than I expected and I liked the open areas you got traverse and explore, and even found the story reasonably engaging), but the second one was kind of a letdown.

Just didn't enjoy the progression as much, thought the story sucked, and something about the gameplay didn't click with me as much as the first (maybe it was the level design or weapon types, or something, never quite put my finger on it).

I really hope I like this one as much as the first (or even more ideally).

Oct 26, 2017
Considering some of the complaints people have with Lara as a character it would probably do good to explore it.

Meh, she could use a bit of sense of humor maybe, maybe slightly like Nathan Drake? But for all else I think she's fine. I honestly never had a problem with the new Lara, not at all. Her friends on the other hand except for probably Sam and Jonah are an extremely uninteresting bunch.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
What was the response?

I'll paste her quote, taken from https://killscreen.com/articles/tom...first-and-why-she-wanted-make-lara-croft-gay/

I've seen a number of threads about Lara's relationship with Sam that suspect there's something more going on under the surface. With Faith as well. I've seen an entire essay about how I have a "gay agenda." That was an interesting take on it, and not necessarily something that I'd considered.

There's part of me that would've loved to make Lara gay. I'm not sure Crystal would be ready for it! But we've not spoken about it directly, either. Who knows what the future might hold? It is a bit of a minefield.*

I'm guessing it was never seriously considered, but I doubt CD and/or Square-Eidos was willing to push the envelope back in 2013.

I'm truly surprised by some comments here. Unless my memory is failing me did we see Sam at all in Rise? Or Reyes?

No, Reyes is taking care of her daughter, and Sam's fate was already discussed.

That being said, Sam, at least, is still a target for Trinity, so if the game DOES revolve around defeating them, it's likely she'd be a target for Trinity to pursue to hold as a hostage to get Lara to stop.

Plus, we still need 'someone' to be the setup for Lara's butler and weapons manufacturer - and Jonah's even more bland than Sam or Reyes is.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Life Is Strange is an original IP and independently developed game that Square Enix didn't give a shit about. Lara Croft is an iconic character who is extremely popular with the male gaming fanbase. There's obvious brand damage that could be done by making her gay.

Nobody cares about people who think that way though.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Where's the switch version

giphy.gif

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like this confusion about whether her friends are returning or not at all. Camilla pretty much says they aren't . I wouldn't mind though. Give her new allies, new people. Also after the ending of Rise I wouldn't really expect her friends to come back.

Where did they even go to after TR 2013?

After Tomb Raider, Reyes went back to looking after her daughter, Jonah started working as a stage director on Broadway, and Sam was just doing normal life things with Lara, until they all had to return to Yamatai again to rescue Sam who was kidnapped by a faction who wanted to revive Mathias. Jonah and Sam then went on another adventure with Lara in Mexico to rescue Grim's brother from mercenaries.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
A few things. They changed her face to more closely match PC because Xbox One X will be the lead platform. Also, it looks like MS getting the marketing for this game is confirmed, though that isn't much of a surprise

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody cares about people who think that way though.

The gaming industry is still utterly terrified of Gamergate and their ilk. Nobody wants to push the envelope. Same reason why blockbuster movies don't feature queer leads. It'll be another decade or more before they start to appear in numbers.

Oct 26, 2017
After Tomb Raider, Reyes went back to looking after her daughter, Jonah started working as a stage director on Broadway, and Sam was just doing normal life things with Lara, until they all had to return to Yamatai again to rescue Sam who was kidnapped by a faction who wanted to revive Mathias. Jonah and Sam then went on another adventure with Lara in Mexico to rescue Grim's brother from mercenaries.

This was in the comics? And after that came the happenings of Rise?

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
The gaming industry is still utterly terrified of Gamergate and their ilk. Nobody wants to push the envelope. Same reason why blockbuster movies don't feature queer leads. It'll be another decade or more before they start to appear in numbers.

Sorry, don't see it. If anything there has been more and more efforts to create a more diverse environment in gaming in recent years. Things are only improving.

A Lesbian Lara wouldn't be too much of a surprise to be honest (although they probably will make her Bi anyway).

Oct 26, 2017
By the way, it says Eidos Montreal and Crystal Dynamics. So it's not like CD didn't have a hand in this at all.

I assume CD was already making it until SE said guys it's time for you guys to start working on Avengers.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure, but we had threads upon threads years ago comparing how much more toned and fuller he looked in the chest, as well as the physics on his chest hair, plus lots of cries for shirtless Drake skins, so...
Yeah I don't get what's the big deal, that discussion always comes up, it's just polygons and curves. If I draw a hero type of guy I'm 100% boosting his male features as well, arms, shoulders, leg muscles, chin, beard, chest etc. And if I draw a girl I'm boosting her female features as well, round hips and thin waist or fuller bossom. maybe not both at once but definitely one or the other. Why wouldn't I?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a joke that people wanted a hot Lara and big boobs. Turns out people really still want that.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes...Not really like how many "editions" this games has, even though it's pretty standard. Guess I'll be waiting a year or so for the complete edition as-per tradition.

I mean, feels pretty standard for big game releases to me. Regular edition, deluxe edition with season pass and other trinkets and then edition that is that with a statue.

Giudecca

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly, there would be much more controversy in giving Lara a male love interest than a female one if they went that route.