• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
31302006_698465850277657_1551876953693224960_n.jpg

It looks like Sam and Reyes are coming back:
The survivors and ultimate survivors of Yamataï Island, Sam, Reyes and Jonah will join the fearless archaeologist in this adventure that will trace the crucial moment when she will become Tomb Raider ...

Editions:

DbuQN7gXkAAYRiq.jpg

DbuXSD4WAAAlSvW.jpg

DbuZZFYX4AE4kdQ.jpg

I will be updating this thread with more info as it becomes available.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played both the first two games and I cannot for the life of me remember who Sam, Reyes and Jonah are.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the box art leaked too. Looks like the same art of Lara in front of eclipse

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
She looks like she got a hollywood makeover, that's for sure. I don't think this is a render at all, just promo art.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
I really like her look on the art, soon she will have more redesign than Jill Valentine.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why change her face? Did they not think she was "attractive" enough?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Kind of wonder if the whole thing with Sam in the comics would be brought up?!:P Doesn't really need to be mentioned by this point.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Like someone else said it's probably just for the magazine. But in my opinion this looks MUCH better compared to her Rise look.

Also

Looks VERY different:

She never looked like that in the game. Since first reboot art, her face is constantly different, i guess because multiple artists are doing them.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
I think that cover looks more like fan art than actual Lara Croft from the game. Is that an official image from the studio?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
the more I look at it, the more I think its just something done for the magazine. Her Rise ingame model was the closest rendition of Camilla Luddington's features yet, due to the improved tech, I doubt they'd change it too much now.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really looking forward to this. Game was third on my list of known 2018 releases after GoW and Spider-man. Couldn't care less what they do with her look.

Stilton Disco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Looks more like the proper old Lara, so I'm digging it.

Not happy about the insufferable side characters returning, but hopefully they'll all get put in the ground this time and we can move on.

I really hope they cut down on the collectathon busy work and repetitive side quests. RotTR was an absolute slog in sections.

Saying that, I'd just settle for Lara to stop whinging and actually start enjoying herself again. I miss the sarcastic, mystery hunting adrenaline junky.

If we get another round of inane self deprecation and masochism as she slogs through something she's only doing because she has to I'm giving up.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
I love that she will become the Tomb Raider just in time for the series to be shelved due to western Square Enix being allergic to single player games.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
The survivors and ultimate survivors of Yamataï Island, Sam, Reyes and Jonah will join the fearless archaeologist in this adventure that will trace the crucial moment when she will become Tomb Raider
This is so very painful.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's always looked different in art they've done. I'm not bothered by it + she looks great. It reminds me of Classic Lara in a way.