• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider |OT| That Belongs in My Manor

Oct 27, 2017
Deadly Obsession is total bullshit. The game isn't really hard, but it can be long between checkpoints and the game loves to bug out and randomly kill you.

Not a problem on lower difficulties where you are checkpointed every ten steps, but I've been set back an unreasonable amount twice now, last time because when jumping onto and sticking to a climbable wall, Lara got stuck in place and wouldn't move. After a bit of trying to climb she just fell down to her death. I didn't press any buttons. She just fell off by herself. Not fun.

I just wanted to get that off my chest. Game is perfectly OK otherwise though. It's one of those games that kinda good most of the time, but never really reaches the potential that I think the franchise has. I hope they do some serious thinking about how the game plays for the next entry. Maybe look at Mirror's Edge for inspiration. I want to figure out how to use my moves to get places, as opposed to trying to figure out what the designer wants me to do, because that's the only thing that'll work.