• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
capsule_616x353.jpg

👩‍💻 Developer: Eidos-Montreal in collaboration with Crystal Dynamics
📀 Publisher: Square Enix
🎮 Platforms: PC (retail, DLGamer, Gamersgate, Green Man Gaming, Humble Store, Steam); PlayStation 4 (retail, PSN); Xbox One (retail, XBL)
🏷️ Price: $38.70/€38.70/£29.92 or your regional equivalent* (Definitive Edition); $182.47/€178.47/£131.52 (Tomb Raider Collection bundle)
📅 Release date: September 14th, 2018

* Pricing on platforms/stores other than Steam may vary.

📖 About:
Shadow_DE_616X_Agnostic.jpg

In Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition experience the final chapter of Lara's origin as she is forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be. Combining the base game, all seven DLC challenge tombs, as well as all downloadable weapons, outfits, and skills, Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is the ultimate way to experience Lara's defining moment.

Survive and Thrive In the Deadliest Place on Earth: Master an unforgiving jungle setting in order to survive. Explore underwater environments filled with crevasses and deep tunnel systems.

Become One With the Jungle: Outgunned and outnumbered, Lara must use the jungle to her advantage. Strike suddenly and disappear like a jaguar, use mud as camouflage, and instill fear in enemies to sow chaos.

Discover Dark and Brutal Tombs: Tombs are more terrifying than ever before, requiring advanced traversal techniques to reach them, and once inside they are filled with deadly puzzles.

Uncover Living History: Discover a hidden city and explore the biggest hub space ever found in a Tomb Raider game.

SOTTR-Combat1-616x213_-_Copy.jpg

📷 Screenshots:

🎞️ Trailers:
Teaser
The End of the Beginning
Louder than Words
Treacherous Traversal
A Stunning World
Deadly Tombs
Combat Tactics
Underwater Survival
Takedowns
Makeshift Arsenal
Know Your Enemy
PC Technology
Smart and Resourceful
Shadow of the Cute Raider (joke trailer in celebration of National Dog Day)
Challenge Tombs and Puzzles
TV Spot: Become the Tomb Raider
Acrobatic Traversal & Brutal Traps
Tomb Raider: The Story so Far (story recap)
Xbox One X Enhancement Highlights
Vibrant Locations
Tobii Eye Tracking
Launch
Accolades
Adventure Awaits
RTX
Definitive Edition

✍️ Reviews:
Era review thread
Metacritic - PC (77)
Metacritic - PlayStation 4 (75)
Metacritic - Xbox One (82)
OpenCritic (80)

Last edited:

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to finally Become The Tomb Raider (tm)

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think this game got lost in the hype of other big fall games, but seems to be great nonetheless. Probably not gonna play it immediately, but surely sometime in the fall/winter.

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
Was going to platinum God of War before starting this on PC tomorrow but #@£# that Valkyrie Queen so hard. Almost destroyed my controller....

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any PC benchmarks at all?

Anyway, lookin forward to it. Pre-loaded a few days ago.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
I'm loving the game, really enjoyable, worse thing I did was start this before finishing Spider-Man because now I am stuck trying to juggle the two of them :p

It's a really gripping game, once I get started just want to keep playing, I'm loving how refined everything else and it's clearly the best of the 3 in the technical departments.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we set NG+ to a new difficulty? I'll do first playthrough 100% then NG+ on hardest for the trophy.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Canceled by Steam pre-order and went with the XBX. Gotta experience this on 4K (also I'll buy Odyssey on Steam because the XBL version is $20 expensive than the PC one for some reason).

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DX 12 vs DX 11 is really doing some work here for both GPU manufacturers this time. I'm a bit surprised tbh.
Got the "normal" Steam version though, so it's Friday till I can test myself. The previous game runs beautifully around 80-110 FPS on my setup. Really hope this one performs just as well.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
i wish square would say when the steam croft edition unlocks..

Someone in the Steam Community hub said he was told 5pm PT by Squeenix's Twitter account, but I had a look at the tweets/replies section of both Squeenix accounts as well as the official Tomb Raider account and saw no such tweet.

Edit: Err, AM, I mean, not PM.

Last edited:

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I tend to buy my Xbox points from CDKeys to make that difference much smaller. You don't save lots, but enough to make a difference.

I live in Turkey mate, buying anything with American dollar or English pound would be financial suicide.

Turkish store is usually the cheapest one out there. But some games tend to be more expensive, although they are still cheaper compared to the other stores. For example, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is $32 but Red Dead Redemption 2 is $57, and Darksiders III is $22.