• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooooh I should not have clicked on the Playstation video while Im playing Rise of the Tomb Raider...

GOOD JOB LARA.

beeswax

Oct 30, 2017
Slightly more excited for the game after seeing these. Is it just YouTube destroying all the detail or does the underwater swimming section look like there's no actual water? The complete lack of bubbles/silt/floating particles made it look like when you clip underneath a water texture in a game where you can't normally go underwater.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
This scene made me REALLY excited for the game:

Thank god there will be more supernatural elements in this game.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We did this 22 minutes 4K video playing it on Xbox One X (Italian dubbing) https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rqdf9

There's a mix of several sections captured during a 5 hours session, IMHO showing great graphics!

No idea why the original reveal was so terrible, because the game is looking fantastic now:

43058778405_b2144b0c41_o.png

43058778245_11f0bbb433_o.png

43058778045_7a06a557be_o.png

43058777995_65887d6db3_o.png

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Omg you can hang up bodies of soldiers so their buddies panic and make it easier for you to take them? Damn she ain't playing around this time

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I love the setting. I know I'm nitpicking but it would have been so cool if Lara had a new hairstyle for this one to add another distinct feel to the game, instead of having the exact same look as before. A shorter hairstyle would have suited a more survival based experience this time around.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Only watched the first minute of the PS Underground video, and I am just thrown off by why the swimming portion looks like Lara is not in water at all. Maybe unfinished, but that threw me off. Back into some more

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Only watched the first minute of the PS Underground video, and I am just thrown off by why the swimming portion looks like Lara is not in water at all. Maybe unfinished, but that threw me off. Back into some more

it's intentional. There's a lot of underwater exploring, and they didn't want to make it feel obnoxious like most other games.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Only just started TR2013 - it's fantastic, but this looks amazing. Spidey is my priority though, but it gives me time to finish TR and Rise before this.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
TR13 sold over 10 mil and Rise sold over 7 mil. The only AAA competition it has is Spiderman, which is only on a single platform. It'll be fine.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

it looks super weird. antigravity cave "swimming" confirmed?

seriously though, where's the underwater atmosphere? the bubbles, bits of plankton and shit floating around, the things that give the body of water some actual volume? it looks so strange.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Excited for this but being sandwiched between Spidey and AC/FH4 in early October means that I'm just gonna wait until black Friday sales.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yeah, there's no way I'm getting to this anytime close to release, between Dragon Quest XI, Spider-Man, and the Xenoblade 2 DLC, which are all higher priority for me.
There is only one game there that is going to give Lara any cause for concern in the West, and it's only on one of the three platforms this is releasing on.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
So now I can legally say that:

- First hour is boring RotR re-hash
- Later on the game becomes better and then amazing, when the handholding and tutorials stop
- It's NOT open world
- Many hidden Crypts and optional Tombs; all are very different visually and have different challenges, I love that aspect of the game
- Combat is a little bit more challenging, I think Lara dies a bit faster, which is good. I don't want to be a Rambo, running & gunning people
- optional quests have stories and they don't feel forced into the game
- Looks great on XOX

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't care for Spiderman, so I'm embracing this Day 1 with open arms.

Got my ticket for the hype train!!
tumblr_lwkm2cu2g61r83a80o1_500.gif

Nov 7, 2017
Finished up ROTR a couple months ago and ready for this. I wish Spider-Man wasn't releasing the week before. Too many games!

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So now I can legally say that:

- First hour is boring RotR re-hash
- Later on the game becomes better and then amazing, when the handholding and tutorials stop
- It's NOT open world
- Many hidden Crypts and optional Tombs; all are very different visually and have different challenges, I love that aspect of the game
- Combat is a little bit more challenging, I think Lara dies a bit faster, which is good. I don't want to be a Rambo, running & gunning people
- optional quests have stories and they don't feel forced into the game
- Looks great on XOX

All sounds great to me. Really looking forward to this!

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Looks really nice visually but it's not doing much for me. Curious to see how well it performs.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit! This looks real good. My decision to get this or spider man is becoming harder by the day

Is this going to 2160p on ps4pro?

AlexxKidd

Banned
May 23, 2018
I will play this at some point. Not right away because Spidey and DQXI, but I'm sure I'll get around to it. I'm of the older generation who feels the older games were better, more rewarding and despite the smaller size actually felt "bigger." Tomb Raider and Rise, because they were "open world," basically had Lara running back and forth across the same two or three environments the whole game. Tomb Raider 2 back in the day had some GLORIOUS stages and variety. Like the venice stage, riding the jet ski, riding the snowmobile! I mean, there's NOTHING like that in these newer games. The reboot just feels "by the numbers."

That said I'm a big fan of Uncharted and this helps me get my fix. I find you will appreciate the reboot series more if you go in knowing it's an Uncharted knock off instead of going in expecting true "Tomb Raider." I do find it encouraging that this one is NOT open world however, which makes it more like Uncharted than even the first two, but again, I like Uncharted so sign me up.