• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Your asking people not to apply logic and take rumour as fact. The "media bias" angle used to be restricted to the crazy YouTube channels. Now it's being applied to any critical thinking or general criticism.

I know right? Those studio heads, always starting "rumours" from the horse's mouth about the games they are developing. Era, with its rock solid track record in regards to how games will run on X, has the real facts.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34239

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
Wolfenstein 2 and Battlefront 2 both run dynamic resolution that often sits at native 4K and are both 60 FPS titles. So no.
One game is corridor shooter the game by one of the most renowned devs in the pc space and the other a liner game by a dev known for pushing tech with their engines. Neither of those games often sit at native 4k and they don't have the scale of ROTR. Furthermore, a competent dev in Nixxes could only get to 1080p 60fps on the XBX. This tells me one of three things, either the visuals will take a hit or, the scale of the game will take a hit, or the dev misspoke. Built from the ground up for the XBX means nothing when the XBX still has the same Jaguar cpu as the other consoles.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I guess I don't see how/why that makes a difference? The 360 version was announced a year before release, and came out the same day as the One version. Regardless of who handled the 360 version, the design and roadmap of the game was decided by CD when developing the One version with the 360 version in mind.

That will not be the case this time.
yes, thats what i said. but you know..opinions. i 100% believe rise was cross gen.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
980ti is 5.5tflops, right?

Either way, nobody said anything about it being flatout Ultra settings. Only crazy people use Ultra settings as a first base metric of performance.

Nvidia flops are calculated completely differently than AMD flops

A 980ti is well above the xbone x's gpu and powered with a modern cpu it smokes the X in graphical capabilities which is why 4K'60fps on the X sounds like bs in a semi-open world title running on the awful jaguar cpu. Unless there are significant graphical cuts on that setting or its actually 4K(inda) with variable framerate that barely reaches 60fps then Its far fetched to believe that the X version runs native 4k at a consistent 60fps.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Not really, no. The 360 version comes embarassingly close.

...what?

Just so I'm not being unclear, it's a common enough opinion that RotTR is a generational showcase game that the first half of your reply seems overly dismissive, and the second half comes across as nonsense in either of the two interpretations I can put together.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can see them implementing a 4k60 mode which essentially will be an unlocked framerate mode which makes sense, especially when they support vrr. It will reach its goal but of course not locked. Actually only a few games have that locked this gen.
It will potentially mean that the X version will offer a huge variety of different presets to choose from.

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is one of the reasons I bought the X. After the great update to ROTR, I knew they'd really deliver. Can't wait

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Highly doubt it will be native 4k

But I completely believe the game will look great on XB1X

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
This likely 1 of 2 modes that will be available. If it is indeed 4k 60, than .. damn.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't confirm if it's native though...that's like, crucial information when you say a game is 4K imo.

Checkerboard does a solid job, so even if it's not native I could deal with it pretty much.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Not very likely...
But a 1080p/60fps mode is good enough in my opinion! I always assume we'll just get 1080p/30fps on the originals and 4K/30fps on the upgrades.

Deleted member 6733

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell. Awesome stuff if they pull it off. And if they do, I'll be back in this thread with a smile on my face!

I'm proper looking forward to the game, I'm currently ploughing through the last parts of Rise.

Also, weren't there people on Era who were so damned sure the X wouldn't output true 4K? Lol.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first pages of replies in this thread is embarrassing. Constant salty snark.

Yup. Unless the game in graphically a downgrade, full 4k 60 fps is a pipe dream. Hope people don't really expect that lol. It's a 6 TFLOP GPu, not 12+.

Unless maybe they mean an unlocked fps that hits 60 when you look at the sky or the ground.

The GPU being 6tflops instead of 12 has nothing to do with whether it will hit 60fps at 4k.

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
A good 4kCB vs native 4k is very close in terms of IQ and detail resolved. Who cares if it isn't native 4k, 4kCB@60 fps would be impressive as hell. In fact, i hope most next gen games used 4kCB as opposed to native 4k.

I've no reason to believe this isn't the case... if it isn't true, surely the developers must understand the blow back would be quite large.

Constantine

Oct 27, 2017
980ti is 5.5tflops, right?

Either way, nobody said anything about it being flatout Ultra settings. Only crazy people use Ultra settings as a first base metric of performance.

Friendly reminder that TFLOPs are not comparable when it comes to hardware with entirely different architectures. A 6 TFLOP Nvidia card is not equivalent to a 6 TFLOP AMD card.

Constantine

Oct 27, 2017
Unless SotTR is getting built from the ground up to run at 60fps. I don't see how its possible for the X1X to hit Native 4K @ 60fps assuming the game is at the very least as demanding as RotTR. The hardware just isn't there for X1X. It couldn't even hold a stable 60fps on RotTR. I guarantee the guy meant it can do 4K and 60fps independently of one another. So in other words, a 4K mode, and a 60fps mode.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is one of the reasons I bought the X. After the great update to ROTR, I knew they'd really deliver. Can't wait

Prepare for disappointment.

Why would you expect the tech to be disappointing when the new game is being built after the specs are known and accounted for?

You expect native 4k and 60fps? Ok.

No, I don't particularly, but that's totally apart from what you said and who you were responding to.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be very surprised if they went for 60fps, just because they could stick with 30fps and push the graphics further. Let's see how it goes...

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Yikes, that sounds kinda weird. Hopefully they push some high end tech on pc like they did with rotr.

Ultranist

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): System warring, previous infractions for the same behavior.
4K60 is exclusive for PC/PS5

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
Sounds great. While I'm not expecting native 4K locked 60, it would be amazing if they can get even close with medium/high graphical settings.

SotTR, Read Dead 2, and Battlefield pretty much cover my holiday gaming this year on my One X. Can't wait.