• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Could this be Berserk?

• Sure

Votes: 59 10.7%
  • Nah, you are just crazy

Votes: 337 61.2%
  • It's actually Devil May Cry 5

Votes: 155 28.1%

• Total voters
Feb 19, 2018
How would you explain old japanese in the background tho?
Berserk has no japanese language in universe and those are not runes.
This. It's either a new Kuon, a spirital successor to it or something entirely new and unrelated to established From IPs (including Bloodborne), with Tenchu being the only possible exception and that would be quite a stretch.
The horror vibes really point to the former two though.

Last edited:

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
My hype level continues to rise. Whatever this new game is, I feel we may not be as fully prepared for it as we may think!! Can't wait :-)

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just don't think it makes sense after Nioh. It just doesn't make logical sense for them to go "we made a Dark Souls game but in a samurai setting with Japanese mythology as the focus point" after Nioh came out. It would either feel like a copycat or a spiteful attempt to replicate what Team Ninja already did.

Souls doesn't need to play the copycat game. It's better than that.
I honestly don't think they'd even be reminiscent tbh. They'd go batshit insane, and it'd easily be their own thing.

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I still dont understand this, every souls fan I've spoken to wants a sequal it will sell so well much more than a kuon remake/re imagining anyway
Bloodborne is one of my favorite games of all time, and yet I don't want a sequel. I want From to take their fantastic level and creature design, and apply it to a new genre. That would be far more interesting to me than a Bloodborne sequel.

Basically, I want to see what their take on a reimagined Kuon would look like.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Apparently there's an event aimed at retail named Destination Playstation where it is said the trailer is indeed Bloodborne 2. People that attended to that event had talked about this game and others.

I'm no insider or anything, this is like 3rd hand information and I have no idea if it's actually true. And I have been trying to search for info ever since I heard to see if it pans out, but all the data I could confirm has been leaked way before.

So, I'll just post everything I heard from the event other than it being BB2:

- Demons Souls remaster is coming
- Splinter Cell is real and won't be exclusive (timed or otherwise) to xbox
- Just Cause 4 for December this year
- RDR2 and Shadow of Tomb Raider look insane even on base Ps4 (But when he told me about that both had been leaked /announced)
- ACO would be in egypt and details from the gameplay and bosses (but that had all been leaked before he told me)
- Ps5 devkits are indeed being distributed, aiming for 2019/2020 and Sony is looking for universities to have the devkits to have more (this one a friend of mine that studies in a university that I won't name said their university was applying to this program, but didn't received anything yet)
- Destination Playstation being the name of the event (I searched and found out there was an event named that... in 2013. No evidence of newer iterations of those events)

Again, I'm not insider or anything, just hearing from friends that work at retail, but it all could be the same source., or even he might use his position to fabricate rumours. Take it with a giant pile of salt because not even I believe him yet, but just in case...

Edit: To make myself clear: The source are online gaming friends that I never met in real life (but play with them frequently). That claim that works at a big retail in Brazil, and another that attends to one big university in Canada. Like I said, I have no way to confirm if even they are telling the truth about where they work/study, let alone their info lol.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
People keep saying Kuon/Tenchu sequel but those ips wouldn't be in their current predicament if they were such hot sellers. At most it'll take inspiration from them which isnt anything new either as the Souls games also take inspiration from Froms older titles.

Llazy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there's an event aimed at retail named Destination Playstation where it is said the trailer is indeed Bloodborne 2. People that attended to that event had talked about this game and others.

I'm no insider or anything, this is like 3rd hand information and I have no idea if it's actually true. And I have been trying to search for info ever since I heard to see if it pans out, but all the data I could confirm has been leaked way before.

- RDR2 and Shadow of Tomb Raider look insane even on base Ps4 (But when he told me about that both had been leaked /announced)
- ACO would be in egypt and details from the gameplay and bosses (but that had all been leaked before he told me)
- Ps5 devkits are indeed being distributed, aiming for 2019/2020 and Sony is looking for universities to have the devkits to have more (this one a friend of mine that studies in a university that I won't name said their university was applying to this program, but didn't received anything yet)
- Destination Playstation being the name of the event (I searched and found out there was an event named that... in 2013. No evidence of newer iterations of those events)

Again, I'm not insider or anything, just hearing from friends that work at retail, but it all could be the same source., or even he might use his position to fabricate rumours. Take it with a giant pile of salt because not even I believe him yet, but just in case...

Edit: To make myself clear: The source are online gaming friends that I never met in real life (but play with them frequently). That claim that works at a big retail in Brazil, and another that attends to one big university in Canada. Like I said, I have no way to confirm if even they are telling the truth about where they work/study, let alone their info lol.
Holy shit

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

Why would they give it to universities?

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden

vFXgT3PiFGFU8oAGAlXObeeq9InfqQ7rQjHuzWe0rHI.jpg

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Why would they give it to universities?
Short answer: Supposedly they are trying to get fresh new students in the Ps ecosystem, so new people entering the market can already find a place at them.

It went like this (somewhere around mid last year I don't even remember the date because it was so uneventful at the time): We were playing, he casually dropped that he works at a big retail here in Brazil and that he just attended to a Sony show that pushes new stuff coming. He said he had fresh new info on ACO, but all his stuff had already leaked... He talked about Shadow of Tomb Raider, but then I said it leaked already as well. Then he told me about Demons Souls remaster and Bloodborne 2, and that Sony would be delivering the first kits early 2018.

Then when we were watching, as a group, TGAs and the trailer started rolling he said it was the trailer he saw as BB2, I questioned him why no Sony on the trailer and him: I have no idea.

Then earlier in the year, when the rumors started popping up about Ps5 devkits being sent I'm with another friend playing, he enters the group and says he was also right, then the other player drops: It's true I study at that university in Canada, and Sony has a program that is trying to get universities to gather talent early, our university applied but we still haven't got any devkit. I was like: you are both shitting me, and that was basically it

Then the leak of SC happened and he told me it was truth, so I said to him: C'mon, you are like only saying stuff that is already leaking, tell me something new, and he said: Just Cause 4 december this year, I think that haven't leaked anywhere.

Then I spent a couple of weeks searching for this event and Just Cause 4 and found nothing, and would let it go.... Then I saw this thread and think: Why not.

That's pretty much it XD

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Killing 1000 demons =\= Killing 1000 types of demons

He's killed tons of different kinds of creatures from possessed animals to skeletons on wagon wheels to ghostly spirits and so on. Throw in things like the Kushan forces, the different human factions and of course the apostles and apostle spawn and he's taken on a ton of very different styles of foes. That's part of the greatness of Berserk is Miura has come up with so many great foes, monsters and so on.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Just Cause 4 this year would be pretty soon so if that comes true then I guess the rest will be a little more credible.

Until that time... see above pic of salt lol.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's gonna be Kuon.

And that isn't Guts' hand, it would need to be a hollow chamber that fires as a cannon, and it doesn't have a kunai or a giant f'n bone.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
He's killed tons of different kinds of creatures from possessed animals to skeletons on wagon wheels to ghostly spirits and so on. Throw in things like the Kushan forces, the different human factions and of course the apostles and apostle spawn and he's taken on a ton of very different styles of foes. That's part of the greatness of Berserk is Miura has come up with so many great foes, monsters and so on.

and how are you going to make them fit since they appeared over the course of dozens of volumes ? Separate them by arcs and there is pretty much nothing. Both Berserk PS2 and Musou tried to treat roughly the same arcs and we got an abysmal low level of enemy types, 80% of them being some riff on goblins. Evidence doesn't support it, and Kushan forces are just nimble humans at most, hardly what I call different enemy types.

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably Kuon as people have speculated. I believe Miyazaki talked about exploring different styles of games after Dark Souls 3. What better way than revisiting an old IP they have and bringing it back to life in a new way? There's also a severe lack of games in the AAA horror genre.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
People keep saying Kuon/Tenchu sequel but those ips wouldn't be in their current predicament if they were such hot sellers. At most it'll take inspiration from them which isnt anything new either as the Souls games also take inspiration from Froms older titles.
Yeah.

I remember I thread about games you were shocked to find out who made them. One of my favs games years ago was Kings Field.

I remember another thread about games you want remade, kept seeing Kings Field come up. Only real difference between the souls games and it is first person.

So yea, I get what you and others are saying.

Still, Tenchu would be nice.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that it might not be is crazy. Why would they make it seem so much like bloodborne if it wasn't?

Its like the argument that smash switch is a port. Why would they advertise it as a new game if it wasn't?

What's in that teaser that makes it seem so much like Bloodborne (aside from the blood)?

It looks like it's based in Japan. The sound of the device is very similar to a sound effect that plays in Kuon. I think it'll be a new IP that's essentially a reimagining of it.

Supreme Leader Galahad

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Short answer: Supposedly they are trying to get fresh new students in the Ps ecosystem, so new people entering the market can already find a place at them.

It went like this (somewhere around mid last year I don't even remember the date because it was so uneventful at the time): We were playing, he casually dropped that he works at a big retail here in Brazil and that he just attended to a Sony show that pushes new stuff coming. He said he had fresh new info on ACO, but all his stuff had already leaked... He talked about Shadow of Tomb Raider, but then I said it leaked already as well. Then he told me about Demons Souls remaster and Bloodborne 2, and that Sony would be delivering the first kits early 2018.

Then when we were watching, as a group, TGAs and the trailer started rolling he said it was the trailer he saw as BB2, I questioned him why no Sony on the trailer and him: I have no idea.

Then earlier in the year, when the rumors started popping up about Ps5 devkits being sent I'm with another friend playing, he enters the group and says he was also right, then the other player drops: It's true I study at that university in Canada, and Sony has a program that is trying to get universities to gather talent early, our university applied but we still haven't got any devkit. I was like: you are both shitting me, and that was basically it

Then the leak of SC happened and he told me it was truth, so I said to him: C'mon, you are like only saying stuff that is already leaking, tell me something new, and he said: Just Cause 4 december this year, I think that haven't leaked anywhere.

Then I spent a couple of weeks searching for this event and Just Cause 4 and found nothing, and would let it go.... Then I saw this thread and think: Why not.

That's pretty much it XD
Wow those are some heavy scoops you have there mate.
queria ouvir essa histĂłria ao vivo no discord

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
What's in that teaser that makes it seem so much like Bloodborne (aside from the blood)?

It looks like it's based in Japan. The sound of the device is very similar to a sound effect that plays in Kuon. I think it'll be a new IP that's essentially a reimagining of it.

Thats a huuuuuuge stretch if I've ever heard one lol.
Those sounds aren't anywhere near each other.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was Berserk when he described one of the projects he was working on. After the teaser, I doubt it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

I want to believe but that all sounds like a load of bull, especially if they haven't hosted that event since 2013.