• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/09/13/miyazaki-talks-dark-souls-3-freedom/
Because of the character of Bloodborne's gameplay, its battle style, as well as the role-playing elements, it's limited compared to the Dark Souls franchise. It doesn't necessarily mean Bloodborne was bad. However, while working on [it] I realised, I want to [create] something which has a wide range of battle styles, or features magic, or those things which allow players to wear awesome armour. Those elements are what actually made me come [back] to the Dark Souls franchise.

He knows!

Oct 26, 2017
Was it ever clarified why during the Mixer stream of TGA this game trailer wasn't shown? Some people seem to think that's an indication of it being PS4 exclusive.

Even if it's indeed a multiplatform game, Sony can definitely reveal it during their show. After all they did say there will be third party announcements. No way do I believe it's a Xbox exclusive. I kinda think we would have known by now.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Not sure what you mean. FromSoft self-published their stuff, generally, with SEGA handling international distribution. Like, you do consider Deep Silver to be the publisher for Persona?

You are listing 4 games as signal of MS-FROM history together when only Ninja Blade is something together.

It's like saying that Sony and Platinum have an excellent history together because there are a lot of Platinum Games on PS, when the truth is that all are thanks to external publishers.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Thank Bloodborne for making Souls even more popular... the first two games definitely didn't sell like that.

Lol.

DS1 sold 3 mil copies on Steam alone.
DS2 sold 2.7

...and that's just steam data not counting consoles.

The BB cool aid is real.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/dark-sou...n-shipments-dark-souls-series-tops-13-million

That was in 2016 when DS3 bearly lanuched so it's prolly even more now. The final steam numbers before SteamDB plug was pulled were:

DS1 PTD 3 mil
DS2 Vanilla 1.20 mil
DS2 SOTF 1.5 mil
DS3 2.62 mil

Last edited:

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Its a new IP that will not copy the Soulsborne formula, will be multiplataform, probably showing up on Sonys Press Conference, if anyone is expecting something super diferent to this, bad news.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are listing 4 games as signal of MS-FROM history together when only Ninja Blade is something together.

It's like saying that Sony and Platinum have an excellent history together because there are a lot of Platinum Games on PS, when the truth is that all are thanks to external publishers.
Fair point.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
The only thing I'm expecting to happen is tantrums.

Can't say what they'll be over, but they're gonna happen.

Madsenpai

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Lol.

DS1 sold 3 mil copies on Steam alone.
DS2 sold 2.7

...and that's just steam data not counting consoles.

The BB cool aid is real.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/dark-sou...n-shipments-dark-souls-series-tops-13-million

That was in 2016 when DS3 bearly lanuched so it's prolly even more now. The final steam numbers before SteamDB plug was pulled were:

DS1 PTD 3 mil
DS2 Vanilla 1.20 mil
DS2 SOTF 1.5 mil
DS3 2.62 mil
You said ds1 alone on pc surpassed bb. This article has no proof on that.

Mistle

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I just finished Bloodborne today, it was my first Soulsborne game. Went in blind and stayed blind until NG+ (which I also completed to do the things I missed). Honestly one of the best games I've ever played. I wish more games followed the design philosophies that made it so great. It puts so many games to shame honestly. It's what I've been wanting out of a game for so long. And it was like A+ cosmic horror on top of that? I had no idea when I started, pretty much the box art was all I knew of it haha.

So yeah, to be actually on topic, I would love if it's Bloodborne 2. I'll get to be a part of the community when the secrets are yet to be discovered. Sounds fun

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
If I had to choose between a new IP or Bloodborne 2 I would pick the new IP every single time. Bloodborne was good, but I don't want to go through the same thing with the same restrictions. I want magic in these games and I don't like how Bloodborne did its magic. Also, Miyazaki should do new things, not more Soulsborne.

Oct 27, 2017
If I had to choose between a new IP or Bloodborne 2 I would pick the new IP every single time. Bloodborne was good, but I don't want to go through the same thing with the same restrictions. I want magic in these games and I don't like how Bloodborne did its magic. Also, Miyazaki should do new things, not more Soulsborne.
Same. I feel like it was a big step backwards in build variety. I'm glad that even Miyazaki himself felt the same and he had the courage to say it, despite the huge critical success.

Yep, fuck Miyazaki for saying that.
As much as I love him, this is an unforgivable remark about his Magnum Opus and my most favorite game of all time. He was the chosen one!
Tell me this is a joke post,please.
The fact he is so open to criticize his own game makes me feel even more respect for him.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I've never played a lot of their games, never even tried Armored Core for example. I played some DS1 and 2, but didn't quite get into them as everyone else did. But I played and platinumed Bloodborne in around two weeks time because I loved it so much. Would love to see it getting a sequel at some point.

However Im on team literally any other game than Souls/Bloodborne for SDT.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool art by LoneCorkonian!

shadows_die_twice__by_lonecorkonian-dbwitc0.jpg

1518632660156.gif

Ubiblu

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
I'm fairly confident we aren't getting BB2, but hoping this game plays like a Soulsbourne. Plenty of people are sick of the formula, but I'm not one of them.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Can't wait for this game,it's certainly a dark fantasy action game and most possibly open world.

Also,I think that it is a PS exclusive,since people mentioned that the Xbox stream of VGA had advertisments in the stream during the teaser's appearence. If that's the case,then it's a 100% PS exclusive

Oct 25, 2017
No I didn't, read again.

But to answer you anyway, DS1's PC numbers as of Jan 12/18 was a bit over 3 milion copies. We don't have any recent numbers on BB(last was 2.92).

Must be disproportionately higher sales on PC because shipped numbers as not long after DS3 released were 13 million shipped for DS altogether with 3 million of those being DS3. I think shipped included digital sales. 13 million in 2016 about month after releases still isn't high for three games. It's probably closer to 515 or 16 million now, but that's still only an average of around 5 million per. Hardly waaaay more which was my point.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I feel like this game is not going to be at E3, looks like they were literal when they said "more in the next twelve months" or something like that.

Personally I won't expect but it'll be cool if they show it.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean they said Bloodborne 2 isn't something they are working on, but that teaser had some sort of a trick mechanism and lots of blood...

I dunno

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, seriously. It's such an incredibly flawed argument.

Everything what Omnipotent said up until now leads me to believe this will not be an exclusive for either console manufacturer. There are 2 FROM games though that get their reveal at E3 (also based on what Omni said), so it's pretty safe to say one of them will be at the XBox conference.

My guess is: Shadows Die Twice at Microsoft and Armored Core at Sony (with an exclusive VR mode or something).
One game this E3, that being Shadows Die Twice, and just to put this argument to bed:
Shadows Die Twice is NOT an exclusive.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Even before Omnipotent said it wasn't exclusive, why would anyone think the game had become a Microsoft property? I mean it's not like From has no say in the decision. Why on earth would they agree to that when they, by all accounts, seem to have a very good relationship with a multi-platform publisher (Namco Bandai) that would bring them to a much wider audience?

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not? It's not like MS had a show the following day and decided not to show Shadows Die Twice teaser, right? They don't have their own event, meaning they could tease titles at the VGA. Not every title their has to be multiplatform.

Why not having it as a PS4 exclusive? It's the same thing. The project being shown at VGA means it's a 50/50 chance for it being a PS4 or Xbone exclusive.

It's most likely a multiplatt.

Based on recent FromSoft history, when it comes to exclusivity, it's most likely a game is a Playstation exclusive if it has to be exclusive. Japan Studio and FromSoft also have a very close relationship.

One game this E3, that being Shadows Die Twice, and just to put this argument to bed:
Shadows Die Twice is NOT an exclusive.

There we have it.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
And Sony already has 2 FromSoft exclusives, MS does not, so in that view, if it's an exclusive, the chance is higher it's a Sony exclusive.

MS being the marketer of some FromSoft games has nothing to do with the chances of SDT being a MS exclusive considering all of those also sold much better on PS.

Phil like to hint at a lot of things.

To your first point, that also means that it's not an Xbox exclusive either.
Otogi and Ninja Blade are previous From Software games exclusive on Xbox. I think Ms even owns the trademarks of them.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Super from teaser that was shown at a Sony event and some people expect it not to be exclusive?? 8)

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Only reason to believe it may be an Xbox exclusive is the fact that they had a relationship during the OG Xbox days and maybe Phil Spencer got them back for an exclusive deal to help bolster their console.

But yeah overall it seems like the game will be multiplatform.

Status
Not open for further replies.