• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowFlakeCake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive been explicitly telling you guys its not BB2 for 6 months
Why do you only believe it now

I had to believe it was BB2, that it was the follow up to the only great game From Software has made, not those boring as fuck Dark Souls games or Demons Souls.

Always, always.......

uMNAEeX.gif

If it's Bloodborne gameplay wise but just has another name so it can be multiplat, then fuck yeah bring it on!

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I expect it be another "lets looks at this genre and do something different" like Souls was to action adeventure/ action RPGs. Would be neat if it was reboot of the stealth genre in a low tech environment which hasnt been around since Tenchu.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if this is to Bloodborne what Dark Souls was to Demon's Souls.

At any rate, if it's not exclusive I can sell off my PS4 with little regret so that's what I'm hoping for.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017

To be fair back on the old forum when you first said this I did not believe you either. Not sure if you remember but we had someone else claiming they knew someone with insights at santa monica studios in regards to GoW . They said that the e3 showing was all smoke and mirrors and the game was being reworked . Its very easy for people to make claims . Sometimes they also put trust in the wrong people.

I do not think shadows die twice is exclusive but not just b/c someone said they know a guy who knows whats up.

Oct 27, 2017
I expect it be another "lets looks at this genre and do something different" like Souls was to action adeventure/ action RPGs. Would be neat if it was reboot of the stealth genre in a low tech environment which hasnt been around since Tenchu.

I think you are on to something. Omnipotent did say this on the Sony E3 thread...

https://www.resetera.com/posts/7834478/

'Souls-like' or nah? ;)

giphy.gif

What people consider to be 'souls-like' now has become so much of a blanket term that that's a bit of a hard question to answer. I can say it's not going to be Demon's Souls adjacent and thats about it in terms of gameplay. You're probably not going to see another set of games that can be as tightly knit together as Demons>Dark>Blood. But its still going to be a Fromsoft game, so take that as you will.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
This is easily my most anticipated game and the fact that it's not Bloodborne 2 makes me 10x as excited. C'mon, E3! I can barely wait!

Mar 23, 2018

I don't know why but this made me laugh. Maybe because over at the Pokémon thread the desperation has been amazing when it comes to hints.

Anyway, awesome! I really want FromSoftware to put their talent on another genre(Still have to play any Armored Core). I really believe they can be the developer that brings survival horror back to its highest popularity, so I hope it's something of that kind!

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Curious, do you know about all the games they are working on right now?
I, hypothetically, may or may not be in possession of such information, but if I was hypothetically in possession of such information I, hypothetically would not be able to discuss it. Hypothetically. But what I do know, I know quite solidly.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I, hypothetically, may or may not be in possession of such information, but if I was hypothetically in possession of such information I, hypothetically would not be able to discuss it. Hypothetically. But what I do know, I know quite solidly.
I just hope Shadows Die Twice is horror themed, which it likely is considering the teaser.
And I hope Armored Core XYZ will be a good game...never played one of these.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have a feeling it's a new Tenchu.

Or Ku-on! I loved that game; deserves to be more known.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Even before Omnipotent said it wasn't exclusive, why would anyone think the game had become a Microsoft property? I mean it's not like From has no say in the decision. Why on earth would they agree to that when they, by all accounts, seem to have a very good relationship with a multi-platform publisher (Namco Bandai) that would bring them to a much wider audience?

That and people consistently forget about Xbox's situation in Japan. That alone wouldn't make it exclusive by any means.

If PlayStation has a 3 game deal, or any chance at another exclusive like Bloodborne, I wouldn't expect them to cash that in until PS5. Having that type of game exclusive did wonders for the PS4, in attracting the hardcore.

But in case We're wrong and it is exclusive, I'm covered with all platforms. So lemme get that Shadow Tower reboot!

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017

Correct me if im wrong but did you also state this game is a kuon spiritual successor or have you only ever said that the game is not bloodborne 2 and not exclusive?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling it's a new Tenchu.

Or Ku-on! I loved that game; deserves to be more known.

Honestly, Tenchu is probably the best way for this to shake out for me. I can't even be disappointed if it's a Tenchu, because I care so little about that series the game will vanish from my brain like a mirage the second the trailer is over. If it can't be Bloodborne 2, I'd rather it be something we can't compare to Bloodborne at all.

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Tenchu is probably the best way for this to shake out for me. I can't even be disappointed if it's a Tenchu, because I care so little about that series the game will vanish from my brain like a mirage the second the trailer is over. If it can't be Bloodborne 2, I'd rather it be something we can't compare to Bloodborne at all.

Lol, jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.