1. Omnipotent

Omnipotent
    High level of insight Member

I suppose I could just tell you...
    [​IMG]

2. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem
    Local Horror Enthusiast Moderator

Indeed, I'll confirm this as well. Also for the record how I've functionally worked is I first believed it was Kuon related on my own due to a few things I noticed, I shared my case why I thought it was Kuon from a few observations and knowledge on Kuon, then someone contacted me about something related to that. I then seperately approached someone I know who might know something, they were a bit obtuse but told me something very similar to what the person who approached me told me. I know no one from FROM or anything, but I do know a few people within the industry. This case I couldn't say I 100% know, but I've decided to believe in my own case I originally made and what the two people told me. But people should theorize what they think, I'm interested to see what this is as I haven't seen anything, only noticed some things and heard from a couple little birdies on some things. But I'll just mostly focus on why I think it's Kuon related, GIVEN I believe this isn't Kuon 2 but going to be more a spititual successor if it is indeed the case.

I've also heard from a third source more recently this is not being published by Namco, but I promised not to say anything more than that

It'll be interesting to see regardless, and fun what plays out here.

3. Sturm

Sturm
    Banned Member

I do not think we'll see a BloodBorne 2 up to PS5.

4. Ferrs

Ferrs

It's probably going to be to Kuon what Demons was to Kings Field.

5. NLCPRESIDENT

NLCPRESIDENT

Yea, I love that game. Just for the sheer craziness.

[​IMG]
    ...here we go.

6. I am starting to lean this way as well, just by the comments the past few days from Omnipotent, as well as seeing how they added PlayStation VR at the end of the platform list of the video on their YouTube.

[​IMG]

7. this is america

8. Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Dont catch you slippin up [​IMG]

9. Spinky

Spinky

So it's Bloodborne 2.

Got it.

10. Morrowbie

Morrowbie

So It's a new Eye-P.

11. NediarPT88

NediarPT88

Post 579 in this thread.

I had no idea that Dark Souls was a Bandai Namco franchise. I knew about Demon's/Sony but I always tought that Dark belong to From Software.

I assume they want to keep the rights of the new franchise this time.

12. Enforcer

Enforcer

I expect Shadow Souls with the dying twice mechanic.

You have to kill enemies "twice".

13. Res

Res

I think FromSoft owns the IP, but Bandai owns the publishing rights for worldwide. From publishes it themselves in Japan. So I'm assuming one can't make dark souls without the other

14. Shiba

Shiba

*Snap* I’ve got it, it’s Armored Core.

15. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher
    The Abominable Showman Member

The Dark Souls trademark is jointly owned by From Software and Bandai Namco, according to the legalese on the back of the DS3 box.

16. NediarPT88

NediarPT88

From the link:

When he says it like this I don't think From holds any power over the franchise, that's why I was surprised.

17. KillLaCam

KillLaCam

Hopefully a release date

18. Madsenpai

Madsenpai
    User requested permanent ban Member

Thanks man. So that's great news for all the fromsoft fans.

19. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher

Essentially, they own it (in part), but they don't have full control.

Sony owns Demon's Souls (and Bloodborne) completely, but Dark Souls is jointly owned by From and NBGI. Miyazaki is just making it clear that in both cases they can't do anything with those IPs without the consent of the owner.

20. Muntaner

Muntaner

Can you tell us anything regarding the "Shadows die twice" game genre?

21. Continuum

Continuum

Miyazaki himself said in an interview that there no plans for BB2, so I guess this is nothing more than wishful thinking.

22. CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII

i hope it has good story and cutscenes

23. KiNolin

KiNolin

Since they've already missed 2017, hopefully they'll get one of their games out not long after E3.

24. Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Would make sense and be in line with what they have stated together with Kadokawa during the buyout. My prediction is still that it is a self published game or published by their parent company worldwide.

25. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher

Does Kadokawa have a western publishing arm?

26. Arkeband

Arkeband

I'm perfectly fine with never having a BB2, as I don't think it will add anything meaningful to the BB universe, but this reasoning is really dumb - he ultimately decides whether or not a game has variety. If he wants more interesting magic or more armor variety, all he has to do is design the game with that in mind.

27. Masagiwa

Masagiwa

They have been working with NIS for those but they might be gearing up for it. If I'm not wrong From has published some of their games themselves in Japan.

Sources:
    https://www.dualshockers.com/kadokawa-games-like-look-releasing-games-nintendo-switch-steam/
    https://www.dualshockers.com/dark-souls-from-software-purchased-by-kadokawa/

28. Alex840

Alex840

Maybe we get a trailer at E3, but if Sony are really focusing on TLOU Part II, Spider-Man, Tsushima and Death Stranding, they might want to wait until Paris Games Week or PSX.

29. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher

I guess we'll have to see. It doesn't really seem like they have the pipeline in place to become a full-on publisher in the West, but if they can figure it out, that's a good thing.

30. PositiveGamer

PositiveGamer

99.9 @MS E3

31. I’m not following. This is something other than another Souls style game, correct?

32. DeeDogg

DeeDogg

wait...so its not bloodborne

33. Saint-14

Saint-14

Yes.

34. Omnipotent

Omnipotent

^

35. Stygr

Stygr

Or Microsoft, Dark Souls 3 was revealed at MS E3 Press Conference.

36. Cool thanks, now I’m excited.

37. Lead

Lead

Correct.

38. Sargerus

Sargerus

Repeat after me

T E N C H U

39. Shiba

Shiba

40. Emka

Emka

T E N C H U !

41. Gbraga

Gbraga

You could tell me so we could not tell anyone else together.

42. DaciaJC

DaciaJC

Well, sure. I wasn't commenting on how BB2, if it came into existence, would be designed, merely agreeing with Miyazaki's thoughts on the first game. I could well see a Bloodborne 2 developing different combat styles further, especially if it would be in an altogether different setting as some have theorized.

43. Sjay1994

Sjay1994

I'm hearing people saying this is going to be published by Bethesda since an ERA poster said its meant to be a closer of a press conference.

44. NLCPRESIDENT

NLCPRESIDENT

If this is true, then it has to be a Shadow Tower reboot. From Software with Bethesda’s First person single player games expertise.

Um... I’m getting hyped. Omg the fucking possibilities!

45. DarkFlame92

DarkFlame92

yeah,it almost perfected meele combat,but has nothing else to offer except that in terms of combat gameplay. I found Dark Souls combat to have a wider variety of options and excel in many different combat styles,at least in PvE

46. Ugh... I hope it isn't restricted to just a first person perspective...

47. That would be something. Bethesda will have one hell of a show if this game can be added to their roster. We can only speculate what they have in store for us but Rage 2 is a fact, very likely BGS'S new game, maybe Doom 2, Prey DLC or expansion etc.

48. gcwy

gcwy

So a new IP.

49. I'm excited to see what this is but I still can't help but be salty because that teaser was a huge dick move to put in the game awards right before Sony's disastrous show. Like come on, they had to know people would think it's Bloodborne 2 and thus be really salty to get no info about it in the Sony show.

Anyways, I'm excited at the idea of it being a spiritual successor to Ku-on. That game is weird. Hope it looks way more Resident Evil/Silent Hill than Souls. Especially now in a post Silent Hills world.

50. potatohead

potatohead

I will buy whatever it is but I also want it to be Bloodborne 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.