• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Im excited for everying From has to offer, but yes I am also excited about this game in particular. Though I would also be excited if it was Ecco the Dolphin.

I can't really say whether other people will be excited or dissapointed, the internet is a fickle place and I'm sure we'll have plenty of both. All I can give is general advice on going in with an open mind and appreciate things for what they are rather than what they aren't, it becomes hard to be truely dissapointed that way. I know that's a bit of a non answer, but E3 is still a bit out and I can't spill all the beans all at once :)

If you want to know more, please take a look at the other posts ive made over the weekend.

Ok I need a From developed Ecco the Dolphin sequel now.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
I will buy It at 100%. I hope It is multiplatform and on switch so i can play It portabile and finish It in few months since playing on TV at home is really hard these times for me.
I suppose this is the miyazaki game to leave people wandering about it to understand It. Hype 100%

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
I'm so thirsty for new info about this game. I think it's the longest we had to wait for new info especially that BB and DS3 were leaked before thier announcement.
Also, i don't believe this rumor tbh. Too much details to the point of mentioning easter egg. idk about that.

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bi...-game-shadows-die-twice-details-leaked.45530/

How did you all like that info. Not sure what evidence led to that thread being locked but BiG iF tRuE.

Grappling hook sounds lame and everything sounds pretty vague but :think: at some of the details.

Ya know, it's really weird when threads get locked by people who are bonafide insiders and people who work in the industry, which is basically the entire admin and a bunch of the mod team on this site.

Im not like pissed but if as much of that OP and certain things mentioned in the thread turn out to be true as i think, major side eye on it

Oct 27, 2017
Ya know, it's really weird when threads get locked by people who are bonafide insiders and people who work in the industry, which is basically the entire admin and a bunch of the mod team on this site.

Im not like pissed but if as much of that OP and certain things mentioned in the thread turn out to be true as i think, major side eye on it

It does really make you go, hmm, when some threads are locked with, "speculation does not need a thread", but several other "rumor" threads remain open.

Rumor and speculation are synonymous. I guess we will all find out at E3.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I'm calling bullshit on that. If it's true, then they would have revealed the title. Also no mention of Shadows which I assume is tied to an important gameplay mechanic.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017

Post 124. The thread was locked because the source was potentially just a troll, it was not locked cause the mods(or at least I think) don't like rumors that they know are 100% bullshit because of insider knowledge.

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
I just want it to be something completely new. Not only in terms of setting but in gameplay and mechanics. I want to ask myself "how do i use that item?" "how can i play with others online?" "how to beat that enemy?". I want to feel completely lost in the world and i don't want my previous souls experince to make me breeze through the game. I can't wait.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
That leaks sounds too good to be true, possibly better than Dark Souls & Bloodborne, but i think 4chan did leak Bloodborne first so it might be accurate, who knows.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
It's looking like a day one given how much I loved BB.

Oct 27, 2017
A genre-bending horror action RPG would be cool. I don't really care that much if it's new IP or not. I guess I lean a little towards hoping that it's new, but it could be more important to me.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not believing any 4chan rumors until we see any legit screenshots. Project Beast was first leaked with screenshots

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I'm surprised there have been absolutely no leaks on this (not counting the obviously made up 4chan stuff).

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
I will buy It at 100%. I hope It is multiplatform and on switch so i can play It portabile and finish It in few months since playing on TV at home is really hard these times for me.
I suppose this is the miyazaki game to leave people wandering about it to understand It. Hype 100%

miyazaki and co is hard at work on producing an exclusive game on the switch tthat is not shadow die twice. That game is The Adventures of Cookie and Cream Redux...exclusive and perfect for the switch! XD

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I really do hope the rumor's of this being some kind of Kuon spiritual successor are true. But at the same time I worry how different it would be from the original. And I would hope they keep the all female playable cast too. I hope it's not some create a character thing.....but I still trust From with whatever it is.

iMR9lnj.gif

Either way, even it's still some kind of horror game I'm interested.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I really do hope the rumor's of this being some kind of Kuon spiritual successor are true. But at the same time I worry how different it would be from the original. And I would hope they keep the all female playable cast too. I hope it's not some create a character thing.....but I still trust From with whatever it is.

Either way, even it's still some kind of horror game I'm interested.

It would probably be a lot different if it ended up having some ties to Kuon. A lot of those old survival horror mechanics are very outdated. A survival horror game by From directed by Miyazaki would be the absolute dream but I'm probably in the minority wanting this. I think most people want them create another soulslike game in a different setting or them to work on a sequel to BB.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Omnipotent please tell me that it has the gameplay loop of "soulsborne".

I am craving it right now and revisiting old titles isn't satisfying me.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, it's not directly a Soulslike, but it should still scratch some of the same itch, hopefully in a fresher way than the Soulslikes we're starting to see from other companies.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, it's not directly a Soulslike, but it should still scratch some of the same itch, hopefully in a fresher way than the Soulslikes we're starting to see from other companies.

All the rumours and talking hints at the third FROM game being the most Souls-like (that doesn't mean exactly Souls). SDT probaly have some similarities but could be it's own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.