• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Cygames has announced the next expansion of their popular digital card game, Shadowverse! Similar to how set 3 was Rage of Bahamut based, this new set themes itself on Cygames' largest property, Granblue Fantasy.

Launches at the end of this month with reveals to happen throughout June.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The waifus and husbandos are going to be extra strong this next set then lol

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Daily reminder that this is a much better ccg than HS that actually allows for fun decks.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Daily reminder that this is a much better ccg than HS that actually allows for fun decks.

I completely disagree.

I've played pretty much every major digital card game (Hearthstone, Gwent, Elder Scrolls Legends, Eternal, Magic Arena, Shadowverse) and would rank Shadowverse at the bottom of all of those games. I hated the evolve mechanic.

I've tried playing it again a few times, but every time I just can't get into it.

However, I did think Shadowverse was very generous with rewards.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
What are the mechanics like?
8 classes each with a unique mechanic. Like bloodcraft has a mechanic called vengeance where after a certain damage threshold some of your cards have added effects like +1 +1 on play or storm(charge from HS) on play and so on. The main feature is that you can evolve every single card and that spends your evolution points. The person going second has 3 and can evolve 1 turn earlier and the person going first has 2 and can't, that's how they balance it. Evolving lets you attack a minion instantly and also gives you more stats, some even have an on evolve effect. Mana/playpoints are gained every turn to a cap, some classes can use cards that go beyond or freeze the cap. Game gives you free packs for logins and free packs each expansion and even if you start now you'll get all the free packs from old expansions.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
So accelerate is basically reverse enhance and clearly going to target Rune. Gonna be interesting.