Shadowverse |OT| Take Two and Play Again in the Morning

Oct 25, 2017
I played a little of this but haven't picked back up yet. A few questions:
  1. Cygames is super-generous with boosters and shows how much Hearthstone is P2W now, but how are their rare card rates?
  2. I've heard the meta was ludicrously broken in Steam and mobile reviews. How much has that been fixed?
  3. How's the English dub? I have a very low tolerance for anything that vaguely sounds stiff or your average anime dub.
1. Its still super generous but meta deck cost is quite insane especially with they have mini expansion within expansion now. I really dont know from newbie perspective. As veteran myself I simply must play regularly to can keep managing with meta. But Mysteria runecraft deck is really cheap meta deck for newbie to start grinding.

2. Every card game player will bitch about meta. I thinnk the worst day of SV already way back passed. The wonderland expansion is the worst meta that I experienced in card game. Its like 2 years ago. And SV have better rotation model than Hearthstone.

3. I dont have high standard for this but the english dub sounds great to me and you can switch it anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
I played a little of this but haven't picked back up yet. A few questions:
  1. Cygames is super-generous with boosters and shows how much Hearthstone is P2W now, but how are their rare card rates?
  2. I've heard the meta was ludicrously broken in Steam and mobile reviews. How much has that been fixed?
  3. How's the English dub? I have a very low tolerance for anything that vaguely sounds stiff or your average anime dub.
The exact rates are published on the game's website. The one thing to watch out for is the draw rates on the special leader cards are about half the rate as normal legendary cards.

The meta itself tends to whipsaw all over the place, but one thing CyGames is generally decent at is actually addressing issues with monthly adjustments to nerf (and even sometimes buff) cards, and they're not beyond emergency adjustments when needed

How's the English dub? I have a very low tolerance for anything that vaguely sounds stiff or your average anime dub.
Compared to a typical anime dub, it's actually above average but certainly not perfect. The main characters are all fairly good but a tiny minority of the card voices come off a bit stiff.

However, I admit to liking Nexus's English voice more than her Japanese voice (sounds more threatening/imposing):
https://sv.bagoum.com/leader/508

OP
OP
Luigi87
Oct 25, 2017
Official eSports Page

Admittedly I don't have time to enter the Legacy Cup, but I imagine this is probably accurate:

Anywho updated the OP realizing I forgot to add in the info about the second Fate leaders, and the Altersphere leader cards.

Last edited: