• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Anime confirmed packs event

5pw5zus7t2r31.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That is incredibly disappointing.
The main character even looks like a Yu-Gi-Oh lead.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I hear this is a good game.

I hope it's not too hard to catch up on the card collection.

To make competitive decks? It's easy coz you don't even need to whale. Just play the game naturally. Play story mode and do daily missions to earn coins, open packs with said coins (or tickets), see what you get and just create the cards you're missing to build proper deck (with vials you get from duplicates). Really F2P friendly.

To have 100% card collection? Now that's another story. Only for veterans that never burn their cards for vials or super whale. But ofc, it's not needed at all.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I already figured out a deck good enough to winstreak me to d1 at least.

I wish I had more Raio, Omen of Truth and Golem Squads. Those cards seem good.

Also, I wish there was a way to look at the history of what happened at the end of the match. Half the losses I took I have no idea what the hell happened.
There is match replay feature. Look to your profile

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
lol, I played 11 games tonight to d3 with my patchwork natura/earth rite/spellboost deck, 7 wins against non-havencraft and 6 losses against havencraft.

A bad matchup is to be expected, but maybe not when it's literally 50% of the meta. I'm not sure what the weakness is supposed to be though.

Maybe I shouldn't be making balance comments this soon after starting, but Kel, Holy Marksman seems waaaaay too good. How does he get to keep his +2/+2 when evolving when it already gets you 2 damage board clear and 2 health free with an not that hard to fulfil option for even more AOE damage. Seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

I guess that card survived one expansion wiithout a nerf, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't also very good sustain and very good burst to tie up the package. Kel makes you give up winning on the early game, Daffodil and Agnes makes you give up winning on the late game. Can't even go tall or sticky thanks to Priest of Excess.

Last edited:

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Oh we all hate Kel and his annoying TONDEKEI (if you play with jp voice).

Yeah maybe he's not as crazy as when used in Elana deck. But he's still pretty good on Natura Haven and essentially covering that deck weakness. I want him to be nerfed for sure but he's not the obvious choice now. It seems to me people are more concern with Agnes? But eh, we'll see.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I rather they nerf Kel than Agnes.. aggro deck shoildnt have the best board clear in the game.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Oh we all hate Kel and his annoying TONDEKEI (if you play with jp voice).

Yeah maybe he's not as crazy as when used in Elana deck. But he's still pretty good on Natura Haven and essentially covering that deck weakness. I want him to be nerfed for sure but he's not the obvious choice now. It seems to me people are more concern with Agnes? But eh, we'll see.
People always overrate finishers because they leave the biggest impression. Kel is why they can reach that finisher so easily. Otherwise all the tempo loss from making trees could be exploited.

I do feel finishers are a bit too strong in general in this game, but there's a lot of them that seem just as strong as Agnes.

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
People always overrate finishers because they leave the biggest impression. Kel is why they can reach that finisher so easily. Otherwise all the tempo loss from making trees could be exploited.

I do feel finishers are a bit too strong in general in this game, but there's a lot of them that seem just as strong as Agnes.
Cygames always proud of themselves this game not take long.. means they love Storm cards

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Pick 6 is very fun. Every card game should have that mode.

I just wish there was lower entry fees so that I could play it more often. I don't really see the need to keep the packs you open other than to justify the high cost of entry.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
1. City of Gold's cost will be increased from 2 to 3, and its Invocation cost will be increased from 2 to 4.
2. Shion, Mercurial Aegis's cost will be decreased from 9 to 8, and its Accelerate cost will be decreased from 5 to 3.

City of Gold got nerfed. Wew... I knew this card was pretty strong in natura haven but I didn't expect it to get that kind of hit coz it would pretty much change the gameplan of the deck. Still no Kel tho.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
You think? For me with CoG nerfed, it's going to be harder for Priest Of Excess to proc his effect efficiently. As I hate that card, I take that as a win.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I played some standard Storm Haven without CoG before and removing priest of Excess and its doing Storm Haven thing as usual..some may argue its make it more aggresive. Its not catch up because PoE is busted with 2pp CoG.. but that version is meta ready. Also Storm prolly gonna run Eachtar because board space actually gonna available.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly think it's gonna hurt my evo haven more than storm. Sucks because it was the only thing countering storm haven and roach forest.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So this is a game I really liked but never played much. I have an old steam account with dozens of unopened packs. I guess these aren't up to date anymore and I read that new accounts get 50 packs. How to start from scratch with my Steam account? Any way to do this?

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
So this is a game I really liked but never played much. I have an old steam account with dozens of unopened packs. I guess these aren't up to date anymore and I read that new accounts get 50 packs. How to start from scratch with my Steam account? Any way to do this?

With the same steam account? I'm not sure, but you can try starting a new game on smartphone/mobile first and then link it to your steam. Using device link should overwrite the game data on the computer, as you basically transfer your (new) progress from mobile to computer.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
With the same steam account? I'm not sure, but you can try starting a new game on smartphone/mobile first and then link it to your steam. Using device link should overwrite the game data on the computer, as you basically transfer your (new) progress from mobile to computer.
Yeah that's what I thought about, too. I will try this later. Thanks. And yes, same Steam-Account. New one would not have been a problem ^^ But I guess there is also a standalone client for PC, right?

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's what I thought about, too. I will try this later. Thanks. And yes, same Steam-Account. New one would not have been a problem ^^ But I guess there is also a standalone client for PC, right?
No the only PC version is through Steam.
You can definitely try what ekka suggested, as you'll at the least need to use mobile to reroll a new account.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
No the only PC version is through Steam.
You can definitely try what ekka suggested, as you'll at the least need to use mobile to reroll a new account.
I don't want to reroll, I just want to start from scratch with all the tutorial bits etc.
I played the game for maybe 3 hours? I don't know. I have dozens of packs but probably from very old editions that I can't use anymore. As far as I know you can only use the last five editions and there is a new edition every 3 or 6 months?

But thanks for the suggestions, I will try this. Too bad it's only on Steam on PC. I will tell you guys if it worked later.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to reroll, I just want to start from scratch with all the tutorial bits etc.
I played the game for maybe 3 hours? I don't know. I have dozens of packs but probably from very old editions that I can't use anymore. As far as I know you can only use the last five editions and there is a new edition every 3 or 6 months?

But thanks for the suggestions, I will try this. Too bad it's only on Steam on PC. I will tell you guys if it worked later.
Yeah a new set comes out every three months, the last week of Dec/March/June/September

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah a new set comes out every three months, the last week of Dec/March/June/September
Making a new account, beating the tutorial and then linking this one to my Steam worked. The game tells you that all achieved progress will be lost. But like I said I can't do much with my two+ years old cards anyway ^^

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
lol, why bother with decreasing the cost of an AOE buff when Kel's gonna make sure you have never have the units to buff.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
First two games I played in the new patch was still against Havencraft, but I won both with my budget Evo Portalcraft, so therefore I approve of this patch.

I think them still playing Priest of Excess and City of Gold certainly helps. Don't know if they need them for other matchups, but they're pretty bad against my matchup. Surely that class has better cards that can replace it.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
First two games I played in the new patch was still against Havencraft, but I won both with my budget Evo Portalcraft, so therefore I approve of this patch.

I think them still playing Priest of Excess and City of Gold certainly helps. Don't know if they need them for other matchups, but they're pretty bad against my matchup. Surely that class has better cards that can replace it.

Probably people that hasn't change their old decks or still experimenting to see the viability of the nerfed cards. Once the new meta settles, I imagine more competitive players will drop CoG all together. Turn 4 doing nothing is too much of a tempo loss.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I was starting to feel a little cocky in C rank because most of those seem pretty meta decky anyway, but I immediately stopped winning after passing the b rank trial.

I spent all my shards on 3 Mysterian Projects and a Orichalcum Golem and started winning again, but I don't know if it'll hold up.

Current Decklist

I feel like something like that has to be the best way to build Rune right now, right? It just has to be.

Feels extremely wrong to not run Arcane Aether too. Like I have no idea what you all are thinking to never run it in spellboost. A 0 mana spell is just insanely good tempo if it discounts two or three cards. And you're not even that much at risk at running out of resources like you are with most other air-y mana cheat cards like that in other games, because the second one allows you to cycle if you need to. Seriously, why does it never show up in Spellboost lists? At least for me it easily speeds up everything by a full turn. I don't know if I buy my Earth Rune package as fitting until i face tougher competition, but I know for sure Arcane Aether has to be just factually right to include.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
You can win with off-meta or unoptimized deck in lower ranks, not so much in higher ranks obviously. I mean, you don't have to run tier 1 deck all the time, but to have an actual progression at climbing at least tier 2 deck is needed IMO.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Feels extremely wrong to not run Arcane Aether too. Like I have no idea what you all are thinking to never run it in spellboost. A 0 mana spell is just insanely good tempo if it discounts two or three cards. And you're not even that much at risk at running out of resources like you are with most other air-y mana cheat cards like that in other games, because the second one allows you to cycle if you need to. Seriously, why does it never show up in Spellboost lists? At least for me it easily speeds up everything by a full turn. I don't know if I buy my Earth Rune package as fitting until i face tougher competition, but I know for sure Arcane Aether has to be just factually right to include.

It doesn't show up in spellboost decks because by the time they're mostly usable you already are on your way to using Raio and once he's used actually boosting cards in your hand becomes a bit redundant. This is what mine looks like.

Spellboost

The deck I use in A

Last edited:

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Threw in 27 packs for the VC mini expansion. Got like 7 leggo + 2 Liza leaders. Two same leader cards were overkill and a waste of my luck for future pack opening, but hey I'm glad I got her.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So I'm on version 2.7.10 and it tells me to update from the App Store, I check there and there is no update option, what am I missing? It also tells me I'll lose my game data if I delete the app.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I got 1 animated Liza and 2 mono in 30 pack.. is there secret rate up or something lol

Nice! Yeah, it felt like it was, but probably just RNG on our side lol.

So I'm on version 2.7.10 and it tells me to update from the App Store, I check there and there is no update option, what am I missing? It also tells me I'll lose my game data if I delete the app.

Newest version is 2.7.20 so yeah you need to update. Maybe restart your device and check the store again?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Made it to A rank. I found a big upgrade moving from Spellboost focus to an Earthrune focus. I understand now the spellboost cards available to you don't win hard enough on their own even when you've fully boosted them by turn 6, and there's no way to be completely consistent in boosting them quickly before turn 8. The spellboost charges still seem like the best cards in Runecraft and should be in every deck, but not relied on as the primary gameplan.

Burn Runecraft Decklist

Also happened to open enough Portalcraft cards to make full meta decks, but I don't think can improve the portalcraft meta decks. I'm trying to get Swordcraft cards because I think those decks might be able to be improved upon most.

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
With the meta filled with storm and fast combo decks, I'm afraid it's not the best environment for control deck that need to finish on late game. If you still want to play controlly type deck and be competitive, Elana Haven is your option.
That's a shame but I think I'll still play this deck, I just tried it in unranked and yep, still love it.

Btw, can't believe that seraph shit is still in the game.

Second btw, did they remove some old cards? I noticed most of my decks don't have enough cards now.