• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm really excited that Wonderland Dreams is finally rotating out. I just hope Omen doesn't go the heavy Neutral path.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'm officially out. Can't stand these mini-expansions. 3rd legendaries really raise the costs. But the thing that raises costs the most is the blatant legendary design. It's very obvious what they're doing with cards like Filene, Gremory, Celia, Ferry, Vira, and Lococo. What the game has done these last 2 expansions is just not for me as a f2p player.

Have fun everyone!

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm really excited that Wonderland Dreams is finally rotating out. I just hope Omen doesn't go the heavy Neutral path.
Very unlikely, since the theme of this expansion are these 10 legandaries.
Speaking of, here are three of them:
ocmq03L.jpg

HfJPcR1.jpg

1DjGVmS.jpg
They don't have much of theme, but they all have very powerful effecta.
Omen of One seems like the weakest card, given how many requirements he has

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm officially out. Can't stand these mini-expansions. 3rd legendaries really raise the costs. But the thing that raises costs the most is the blatant legendary design. It's very obvious what they're doing with cards like Filene, Gremory, Celia, Ferry, Vira, and Lococo. What the game has done these last 2 expansions is just not for me as a f2p player.

Have fun everyone!

I'm a free2player as well and waffle between A1 and A0, some decks really do fill like "buy and do well" but focusing on two decks I'm fine.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Very unlikely, since the theme of this expansion are these 10 legandaries.
Speaking of, here are three of them:

They don't have much of theme, but they all have very powerful effecta.
Omen of One seems like the weakest card, given how many requirements he has

Yeah, having no duplicate in your deck is already tricky condition to make it work and yet it still have other requirement to even activate. Too much hassle.

Meanwhile, Izudia's effect looks interesting. Probably a hard answer to healing deck. With 10 playpoint tho, dunno if it's gonna be practical. Why wait to turn 11, if you could played OTK setup for less.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, having no duplicate in your deck is already tricky condition to make it work and yet it still have other requirement to even activate. Too much hassle.

Meanwhile, Izudia's effect looks interesting. Probably a hard answer to healing deck. With 10 playpoint tho, dunno if it's gonna be practical. Why wait to turn 11, if you could played OTK setup for less.
The great thing about him is that you can splash him into any slower deck.
Your opponent then dies to even a little bit of burst damage.
Also, once you reach 10 mana, they have to prevent you from ever having 6 damage on the board.
However, slower decks in SV aren't really a thing, so it's hard to tell if he will see play.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seraph is back for Haven, but is a follower now that then summons an Enstatued Seraph.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Of course I just restarted this game yesterday after taking over a year off...added what I needed to my deck and was doing ok in A0...and now the expansion comes out LOL

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Server has been up for a bit. Downloading new data, then onto pack openings!
I'll only have about 10 + 7 + 1 packs to open admittedly <_<

Edit: 18 packs, one leg (Raio).
... this is a bad omen...

Also interestingly, if your pack contains a legendary, I guess when the cards are laid out (before you flip them over) their backs are white instead of glowing purple, and the screen is darker.

Last edited:

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Server has been up for a bit. Downloading new data, then onto pack openings!
I'll only have about 10 + 7 + 1 packs to open admittedly <_<

Edit: 18 packs, one leg (Raio).
... this is a bad omen...

Also interestingly, if your pack contains a legendary, I guess when the cards are laid out (before you flip them over) their backs are white instead of glowing purple, and the screen is darker.

Got 4 (outta 25 picks), 3 in one of my 10 pulls.

MEtF8u7.jpg

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
20 packs gave me 3 legendaries. Two of them were Forestcraft so it was perfect for what I needed. The rest went to liquify trash bin which gave me extra 10,000 or so, should help me with building new decks.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Can I ask why you guys look out for legendaries? Do you keep alot of them in your decks? Or is it just a collecting thing?

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Can I ask why you guys look out for legendaries? Do you keep alot of them in your decks? Or is it just a collecting thing?

Well, if you get them from pack, you don't need to make them yourself when the need arise. Also even if you won't use them anyway, they can still be liquefied for good amount of vials.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, just saves on costs pulling legs.

As I haven't liquefied anything in three expansions, I'll get 45k vials if I auto liquefy (which means I'll still have 4+ for anything that I have a set + animated of). I also already have 28.5k vials sitting on my account, so... Imma see where the new meta goes, lol

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Opened six packs (as I only just started doing the Elite 3 AI, forgetting they were added, lol), got three legs in a row.
Being said I crafted a Disdain Dragon deck, 'cause dragons.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I'm liking this deck of aggro forest with Omen of Craving I'm currently using. Feels more consistent against bloodcraft than my usual midrange korwa/SDH on my rank level.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't pulled a single legendary from the new set.

Rosa Lilium

Oct 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I've played Shadowverse a bunch when the game was relatively new then took a long break and now I've come back playing Shadowverse for a few months now so some thoughts:

- It's actually pretty cool that there are now three openly queer playable ladies: Erika, Vira, and Cagliostro.
- Rotation seems huge amounts more expensive than Unlimited. Admittedly, I'm not brand new but it in the short run, it seems that since that there are more varietys of decks that are viable in unlimited, if you figure out what you're doing, you can likely craft a decent cheap unlimited deck. In the long run, it's no contest as you never have to start from square one when crafting a viable deck.
- The game overall seems more generous than it was in the past, although on the flip side, decks are more expensive to craft.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
The only thing my spellboost deck is losing to consistently is blood. I've gotten some wins against it but noticeably more losses. Gotta get lucky with early game low cost cards that can wipe out their 1 and 2 cost cards before they get going.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Coming from Hearthstone this game seems very hard to start for a new player, but the new expansion looks really interesting.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Coming from Hearthstone this game seems very hard to start for a new player, but the new expansion looks really interesting.

Play through the story mode to get a feel for characters and their decks, pick a character or characters you really like, then find some budget decks. Going through story mode also gives you a ton of rewards.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got 5-0 in Grand Prix with my "Puppets of Destrution" deck.
My other runs were 4-1 and 3-2.
I even won 1 game, because the heaven drew his entire deck.

Only pulled 1 legendary from OOT, but almost any time I open a random pack from another expansion, I get a legendary.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in group A with 4-1. Lost a fifth match vs. Seraph of all things, lol
I really need to make it to final stage group A, as I really want the sleeve.

Goddamn I hate DFB.

Last edited:

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
I started playing again this game and I'm very surprised how underrated is this game for most of people.
Maybe the manga draws didn't appeal to western gamers.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I had a chance at A but I got Darkfeast Batted. Had my card healed me for literally one more point I would've won but the RNG Gods were not with me so I'm slumming it in B.

Last edited:

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Darkfeast is strong atm but it also feels like it can brick mega hard despite its draw power funny enough

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
All I know is I've been second turn Invocation'd more times than I care to count. Unless I luck on the draw with spellboost that match can be over by turn 6.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Today's the first time I saw my opponent actually ran out of cards to draw from deck. If that hadn't happened, I would have lose the following turn coz my health was already down to 1 and he/she got followers flooding the board with no protection on my side, so the timing was perfect. What a bizzare win.