• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
What's everyone's favorite to least favorite crafts?

1. Rune

Has clicked with me since the first time I picked up the game. Every expansion I run Spellboost first before I even consider looking at anything else. Literally the most fun deck/craft for me.

2. Forest

The most versatile craft I've played with. I've run aggro, midrange, neutral, it's all a blast. BatB was my main deck for about 2 expansions.

3. Haven

Hated it when I first started playing, didn't get it at all. Took a few months away from it then went back and I played almost nothing else but an Aegis deck for about a month.

4. Portal

If this came out earlier it might be number two. Artifact was addictive when I first played it and it took me a while to get off it. As it is I need more time to move it up or down.

5. Shadow

Literally just picked this back up. I always found it interesting but just not my playstyle. Having a lot of fun with Burial/Reanimate though.

6. Sword

Always found it a little too straight forward and not dirty enough. It's okay though.

7. Dragon

Literally don't know what it is but I can't find myself to play any decks out of this. Anytime I construct one I play about 3 matches then switch to something else.

8. Blood

Has always been fairly boring to me. I think the self harming turned me off because having a fair amount of points less than my opponent causes a panic. I like to be ahead for most of the game and this always felt more like "be behind but turn it around" which fails to grab me.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I'm an exclusive Forestcraft player so I wouldn't know about other decks lol. But, as a concept I guess Rune or Haven seems kinda unique.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Well, to me it feels like competitive decks these days are kinda expensive with many legendaries at the heart of their respective deck. Not as easy to jump in.

Focusing on two decks you can get the ball rolling. I focused on Neutral Forest and D-Shift Spellboost which allowed me to experiment with Heavenly Knight Havencraft, aggro Forest, Burial Rite Mordecai, etc. There's good budget decks out there for early game and by the time you get later you can usually have the vials needed to craft whatever. I always tell people to play the story mode, pick two characters you like the most, and focus on improving your overall game with them before experimenting with others.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've always mainly played Dragon.
I started as Forest, but I really can't play the craft.

I have an unabashed hatred of Shadow that started with TotG.

Anywho, Set 11 should be revealed next week!

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shadowverse Set 11 - Altersphere revealed!

Unfortunately they will continue the trend (and likely not stop) of releasing 17 new cards two months into the set.

Basically this set's theme is taking existing cards (and characters) and changing them to other crafts.
IE: Aether of the White Wing (Haven) is now Aether of the Warrior Wing (Sword)

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Shadowverse Set 11 - Altersphere revealed!

Unfortunately they will continue the trend (and likely not stop) of releasing 17 new cards two months into the set.

Basically this set's theme is taking existing cards (and characters) and changing them to other crafts.
IE: Aether of the White Wing (Haven) is now Aether of the Warrior Wing (Sword)

To be honest, the way they split up each release (2/3 rds up front and the remaining 17 cards two months later), as well as the increasingly heavy legendary cost (in rotation) is what pushed me away from this game. Yes, I reallize that grinding is easier in Shadowverse, but needing up to three copies of each new leggo for each class (that I play) for each set just felt too greedy. I believe their arguement is that it helps keep the meta fresh, but I feel like it's to drive more sales. Now they have two big spurts of income each set instead of one.

It's too bad, because they have some features I wish other games would emulate...maybe I'll check it out again, but now I'm a set behind.

I play mostly Blood, Haven, and Rune with a bit of Portal.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another 50 free packs inc.
5 packs a day for SFL through OotT for 10 days.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to jump back in and play some Take Two. Decided to give the Grand Prix a spin and got Sword for the finals.

xybtMYf.jpg

Deck list:

I think I lucked out pretty hard with my card choices, and my 2nd opponent conceded turn 3, maybe from having terrible draws? Either way, I enjoy limited formats, so it was overall a fun time. I made my card choices based on this Japanese Tier List.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I'm so bad at take two I'm basically play to lose and just collect the coin afterward *shrug

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Altersphere is here.

31 packs opened.
One leg at pack 30 (Diabolus Agito).
14 golds (including Slash of the One).

I have never had such bad pack RNG with the game before.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Only got 1 legend from 20 packs. Meh. At least it's Carbuncle so it should be usable.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
How is everyone doing with the expansion? I don't think I added any of the new cards, but did make adjustments with my Swordcraft deck...doing well in A0 now after just playing in casually and not really trying like I should LOL

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
How is everyone doing with the expansion? I don't think I added any of the new cards, but did make adjustments with my Swordcraft deck...doing well in A0 now after just playing in casually and not really trying like I should LOL

I think this Midrange Yggdrasil/Carbuncle deck I'm currently using is doing better than my old Tempo deck. Got a few nice streaks on my rank level. But maybe that's because people still adapting to the new cards or waiting the meta to settle. I mean, Dragon Cocytus deck should be tier 1, but I rarely encounter them.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to check this game again after dropping it for a while...got two Prince Of Cocytus with the 10 pack. Someone tell me this card is good because I like the idea behind it.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I'm doing my best to make spellboost work but maaaaan is it weak right now. It's basically taking me til turn 6 to even get rolling towards an endgame. I've beaten Dragon Cocytus and Mysteria with it so it can work but it's almost complete luck at times.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I'm doing my best to make spellboost work but maaaaan is it weak right now. It's basically taking me til turn 6 to even get rolling towards an endgame. I've beaten Dragon Cocytus and Mysteria with it so it can work but it's almost complete luck at times.
That's Shadowverse in a nutshell. It's hard to beat a solid opening with good foundation no matter how good your deck is.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017

Pascale's deck is pretty fun if you want to see wide wall of big numbers, heh. Too bad you need to wait for the next turn so your fate is pretty much comes down to your opponent's hands. Either the opponents don't have an answer and you win, or they do and you're dead at the following turn. Probably still better than Izudia tho, at least you don't need to wait to turn 11.

Yeah I lose that one lol.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I hate the current meta so much. My last 5 matches have been 4 Mysteria and a Dragon Cocytus.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
After talking about how crap spellboost is I put together a deck that's actually winning consistently against a bunch of good decks. Currently on a 5 game win streak in AA0.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Is the storm dragon deck safe to craft?

its the most coolest thing that I see on grand prix winner page

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I hate fighting fellow Runecrafters with Spellboost decks, and I always see them coming. If they're doing spellboosted draw cards, I know that multi-turn slaughter is coming.

I like playing a fair spell-based deck, but that's probably (just) me.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The reveals for the next Altersphere cards should be happening tomorrow.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Comment on new forestcraft cards:

Bab'zz queen is kinda meh, you get two removals but most of the times you won't activate her effect because the bee wont survive next turn anyway. The new twin is probably okay, but you need to hold for later turns to max her attack twice effect with buff and stuff tho.

In other news, the new dragoncraft legend is bad news for forest. Yikes.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Man I dont have desire to complete the mission quest for Haven. I dont have meta deck for it and dont want trying with losing plenty of times

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
The mini expansion is out! 40 packs gave me 4 legendaries only. Not too good, also none of them were the new cards lol. Oh well, gonna burn them all and see the meta first before spending some vials.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Admittedly I'm saving most of my rupies for the next expansion next month.
Got one leg in my five free packs though. Not from the mini-exp though.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reveals for the next set will start in about two weeks.

The Mysteria anime tie in started today.

might be why they didn't nerf any Mysteria cards, lol

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Oh hey, we finally got that spotlight! I see they're still doing mini-exps. How's the meta been? And those monthly-ish cups?

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Today's free Mysteria pack gave me a double leg pack containing Eachtar and Fafnir.

Of course none of my packs is better than my double animated leg pack of Sahaquiel and Bahamut back during RoB.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Portal back to tier 1 again. Maisha OTK combo is pretty strong right now. Let's see if everyone and their mother will play portalcraft and flood the scene like Mysteria or not.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
I played a little of this but haven't picked back up yet. A few questions:
  1. Cygames is super-generous with boosters and shows how much Hearthstone is P2W now, but how are their rare card rates?
  2. I've heard the meta was ludicrously broken in Steam and mobile reviews. How much has that been fixed?
  3. How's the English dub? I have a very low tolerance for anything that vaguely sounds stiff or your average anime dub.