• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got 5 Legendaries from about 40 packs:
2 Sky Fortress (1 animated)
1 Yggdrasil
1 Vania
1 That Which Erases

Orchis is awesome, but the rest of the puppet cards are lacking.
Zwei is also really good.
What's the point of getting 10 skeletons in your hand?
Shadows for PtP.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Opened three more packs today.
Got a second Runie and a Sky Fortress in them.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
So I thought the pack per day WAS my treasure trove prize and the additional prize was just a bad translation. Turns out, 1 pack per day is the "guaranteed" prize and you get an additional one when visiting the in-game treasure trove page on the top left rotating news section.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
So I thought the pack per day WAS my treasure trove prize and the additional prize was just a bad translation. Turns out, 1 pack per day is the "guaranteed" prize and you get an additional one when visiting the in-game treasure trove page on the top left rotating news section.
Yeah, the prize is added there at 1am PST the day after you do the daily quest. I only got 50 gold for the first day lol.

I think this is the grindiest meta shadowverse has ever had. Matches almost always last till turn 9 or 10+. It's a nice change of pace.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Im enjoying the meta so far only a few stinkers from old sets are still shitting up the place in rotation format but as time passes it should work out. I dont mind how crazy unlimited gets cause that is kinda the point of that format

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I've been playing mostly Jorm / Nacht, but it has trouble (as it usually does) in this kind of aggro-heavy meta. It doesn't really have a good four drop and I'm going back and fourth between Wardrobe Raider and Medusa. The biggest problem with Jorm is, well, not finding Jorm. If you can play him, your chances for success go up greatly.

I've kind of pulled some janky legendaries this time around, including TWO Sky Fortresses and like five Princess Prims.
I don't play Royal. At all.

Three of the Deer in Bishop. I fell out of Bishop when Snow White became mandatory for it and now I'd need to basically craft three Snow Whites and three Jannes just to get back into it. That's not even counting Heavenly Knight. I'm not sure I want to invest so much into it, but the Jades look fun.

I've got everything in Nemesis minus a third Legacy Machine and two That Which Erases. I haven't been playing it that much, though it's probably the strongest out of what I have.

Runie looks fun. Chimera looks fun. PTP Necro looks really fun (but bad).

I pulled two of the 9PP Dragon Legendary. Looks fun, but again, I'm missing the three gold Ainas and whatever support legendaries you need. I kiiinda of regret dusting my PDKs now with the new Orca Song spell.

No Moon and Suns. : /
No Blood Legendaries. ://

Feels like it's a somewhat honest meta--mostly midrange, I guess. I think Runie / Chimera will pretty much kill Control. I'll probably go ahead and craft the six legendaries for Bishop and play Lions if it turns out to be a Tier 2 deck. Otherwise, who knows. I don't like the approach CG has taken with this set in terms of breaking it into two parts. The new meta is fun and all, but it feels like there aren't that many cards now and releasing the last 1/3 later on will feel even worse. Hope this is the last time they do this.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you dont want to do the heavenly knights you can do the lion crystal deck
YL0TC3R.jpg

Last edited:

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
If you dont want to do the heavenly knights you can do the lion crystal deck

Yeah, mayne. I crafted two Snow Whites and three new Jeannes and I've been playing nothing but Lions. I thought it would just be SV's version of Jades (from Hearthstone), but I actually like this version more. I like that it's in Bishop, which is a class that typically has to think a little bit more about board space as a resource. I don't think I have a particularly refined list especially since I'm missing one...Astrologian's Globe? (the 1PP gold amulet) and one Snow White, but it's really fun.

Surprisingly, my favorite card from this set has been the Ceryneian Hind. I was lucky enough to get three, but I didn't have any other Bishop legendaries other than Dark Janne and some Aegises. I'm so glad I've invested in Haven, because CH is great. Great design, great aesthetics--it's just a fun, balanced card that feels both unique and powerful, but not game-stealingly so. 頂き教会 (Summit Temple?) seems to be the major competitive build this set, but I'm not really interested in it--just more boring Storm.

I've got two Jervas as well that I want to make something with, but my Dragon collection is pretty neglected. I have none of the new ramp. I'll probably wait a bit to see if he's any good before investing further.

edit: Oh! That list is interesting! I was using Dark J and Eggsplosion as a 3 PP Jeanne substitute just to get a feel for the deck, and it was really good. Later Lions are strong enough to survive the blast and she really good against aggro a turn earlier than light Jeanne. Looks like you're running three Pure Annihilations, two Aegises, and an additional Dark Jeanne compared to my three Hinds, three Moriae Enconiums, and a single Aegis. I might try your version out...but I like the Hinds too much. lol

Last edited:

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
so what the deck to craft?
If you are looking for top tier decks, sword, puppet portal, and haven seem to be at the top. Here are decks for the top 8 of a tourney that happened yesterday. Terrible formatting, but good for some ideas.

Ramp dragon is also pretty good, though I don't think Lindworm is its best variation. I've recently been climbing masters with puppet portal and an aggro blood list that someone has gotten to GM with. I didn't like aggro blood much in previous expansions, but it feels good to aggro someone down now that everyone is used to matches taking 10+ turns long now.

I actually played against the #1 on ladder today (19k master points) and he was using ginger rune that had an earthrite early game. It was pretty cool.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the meta is no where set in stone yet, and I feel it's really good for the most part atm

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God Rotation ruined me. I only had one good deck and its dead now.

Now everything I play I can get 1 damage off to lethal but then the next turn my opponent plays some ungodly combo that drops me down like 14 HP in one shot.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
God Rotation ruined me. I only had one good deck and its dead now.

Now everything I play I can get 1 damage off to lethal but then the next turn my opponent plays some ungodly combo that drops me down like 14 HP in one shot.
You can still play unlimited or play a lower budget deck / portal craft

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
v8hxYka.png

This is a tweaked version of something I had a very high win rate with in the last set and cheap

nJY1oiw.png

This is what I'm currently running for portal

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I'm saving my extra copies of Miriam. She's so bonkers!

edit: Man, I've got 36 Take Two tickets that I don't really want to use. If there was an option to just trade them for packs, I would have done it by now. Still, Retiring without playing is such a waste...I really could use the Ethers though.

I'd like to craft Moon & Sun and maybe some more Blood cards like another Spawn or the new Wolf guy. Might be cool to build up dragon again with PDK or just craft my missing golds. Or Runie. Or Chimera. Or PtP Shadow doods. sigh I can't believe Minthe is going to rotate out without getting hardly any support.

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Qualified to final stage group A already

Sure its far more easier and relaxing to play these grand prix without random daria deck highroll you.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Got into Group A finals with a 7k vial no legendary Forest deck. Truly pauperverse. Still doing good on my determination to not open a single DBNE pack!

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
Mind sharing your list? I got the forest leader so I'm thinking of vialing for roach deck for unlimited.

Back in SFL I only played for the Fate collab. I should've build the pre-nerf PDK and grinded ranked then

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
http://sv.bagoum.com/db/9jU

It may take a few games to learn how to play it. Important things include mulliganning for Brambles, deciding when to go wide vs tall, and timing your Leaf Men correctly. It takes a bit of thinking for an aggro deck which is what makes it fun. I went 5-0 in the 1st stage and 4-1 in the second stage with this. Of the only golds, I find Fairy Saber to be more impactful than Fairy Driver since my board is usually populated. If you don't have either, try replacing with Insect Lords or even Instincts Unleashed. Any early game card that allows you to maintain your board without trading (unless it's free because of Brambles).

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I am missing one Fairy Saber but have 3 Drivers. Save my 800 vials for now and see if I can build and understanding of rotation forest

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we are free from highroll deck

Nope. There is still artifact portal

Lose in final round game 3 to dude that draw his first artifact naturally on turn 3 and deus ex on 6

This game can still pissed me off harder than hearthstone

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
No nerfs this month, but we do have a couple of buffs!

1. The silver Shadowcraft spell Troth's Curse will now cost 2 instead of 3.
2. The legendary Shadowcraft follower Corpselord of Woe will have 5 attack instead of 4, and its Necromancy effect will cost 4 shadows instead of 6.

Very interesting that they decided to buff cards. Doesn't happen too often in card games. Now we gotta hold on to our leggos in hopes of a buff lol.

I saw the no nerfs coming despite everyone feeling oppressed by some deck. There is actually somewhat of a balance between wallet sword, wallet haven, ginger rune, artifact and puppet portal with some control forest in there.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the no nerfs coming despite everyone feeling oppressed by some deck. There is actually somewhat of a balance between wallet sword, wallet haven, ginger rune, artifact and puppet portal with some control forest in there.
Now every craft is viable!

... Except Dragon.

... ;_;

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I cannot seem to get to the Group A finals in Unlimited without DBNE cards. Tons of 3-2's, but I don't have anything that both outraces roach reliably and doesn't instant lose to midrange sword. The one time I was 3-1 and was close, they drew their 1 copy of Aria right in time to spam out 4 wisps the next turn.

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
Got super lucky 5-0 qualifications with my storm haven deck. Give me my sleeves!!!

Storm haven feels like it has the least amount of unlimited BS IMO.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
18 million download campaign (more free packs and Arisa sleeve) [May 14-24], and some mid-release DBNE cards revealed. I do not have a link for the latter at the moment.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Three free packs when in Chinese language setting.
Getting three more free packs on the 21st!

Probably worth saving the tickets for the mid-expansion release.

... I've still yet to get a leader drop -_-

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
After realizing that the only cards I was missing to build a Dshift deck was Dshift, I finally crafted 3. I'd say this and roach are the lowest RNG non-aggro decks I've played, which is where the fun comes from for me. I've never disliked the matchup from the opposing side because it forces you to play your deck in an uncomfortably aggressive way to win, so learning to be in the driver's seat was fun. I able to even steal some aggro wins because they simply did not play the matchup correctly (stuff evolving 2 drops vs 3 drops). But yeah, I can totally see how it really isn't as complex as people think.